Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 12:14 PM
Default Your mission... should you choose to accept it... is a Vampire FAQ!
Okay, so... MTS2 needs a FAQ on becoming a vampire. I did one for becoming a werewolf, mainly through asking people about it and searching around here, as I don't really play the game that much.

I would love to have time to write all the FAQs I would like to write, but I also recognize the wealth of information that you guys have in those cute little heads of yours, and I'm hoping you can help me out.

Can someone help me do a FAQ like that? I'm looking for something very similar to the werewolf FAQ. I would like it to cover:

-What is a grand vampire - pics if possible
-Where to find grand vampires (there's no such thing as a spooky lot)
-How to get bit - how it's done, tips and techniques
-How to get cured of vampirism
-What it's like being a vampire - pros and cons and suchlike
-How to use testingcheatsenabled to become a vampire
-Link to the wiki section for hacks and hacked objects related to vampires

Remember that people are, well, dumb, and that small, simple words and short sentences are most easily handled by the slow, and machine translation (for non-English speakers).

I cannot promise any grand rewards besides my thanks, and possibly some cookies, but they'd be big thanks, and yummy cookies.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 12:20 PM
Hey HP I gotta go in game later on for some testing anyway so I think I can cover this as well Where do we send the finished product?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 12:35 PM
Just post to this thread. It'll be going in MTS2's Game Help section, so using forum markup for size, bold, links, etc., is just fine.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:03 PM
I have a prima guide, so I'll try to cover some of the questions by using it..

The Grand Vampire:
- The Grand Vampires are those you have to build up a relationship with (Friendly or even married/joined) in order to get bitten.

- There is both a male and a female Grand Vampire

- They randomly appear on Downtown community lots and only at night (As a vampire would die, if exposed to sunlight)

- Their names are always preceded by either "Count" or "Contessa"

How to get bitten and how to recognize a vampire:
- In order to get bitten your sim needs to have a high enough relationship with the Grand Vampire or any other sim who is already a vampire. The vampire must have a daily relationship towards your sim which is 40 or higher, depending on your sim's logic skill

- Vampires can be recognised by their pale skin, red eyes and fangs. The Grand Vampires are dressed in "classic" vampire outfits (I.E. long cape/dress, preferably in black or red)

Pros for being a vampire:
- At night, needs never decay. (They can party all night!)
- At constant good mood at night can make socializing easier as your sim always is in a good mood
- It also makes promotions easier as they can work skills non-stop all night without interruption
- They have a new social interaction. It's called "Bleh!!!"
- They can move in new ways. "Fly here" and "Stalk here". The fly one transforms your sim into a bat, and works like the teleportation option, your sim only flies from place to place instead
- Vampire sims don't age
- They can't starve to death nor can they drown
- They produce a special set of photos when they use the photo booth

Cons of being a vampire:
- Can reproduce, but Vampirism isn't hereditary, so pregnant vampires will have normal children
- Don't show mirror reflections
- Dies pretty quickly when exposed to sunlight (They can be brought back via the Resurrect-O-Nomitron that came with University)
- Their needs decay faster than a normal sim
- They could die from the run to the carpool if they have a day job, and their needs are too low

Curing Vampirism:

- Vampirism can be cured anytime by buying a bottle of Vamprocillin-D from the Gypsy Matchmaker.
- The potion are kept in your sims inventory, so you can buy it in advance
- You can buy up to 10 bottles at one time
- You can use the "Influence"-interaction to cure an NPC

Misc info:
- During the day, you can let your vampire sleep in a coffin. This prevents him/her from going outside and accidentally die from sunlight exposure
- Vampires wake up autonomously from sleeping in the coffin when the sun goes down
- Their needs stop decaying when sleeping in the coffin, except for their comfort/energy needs. They replenish just as they would do in a normal bed
- You can wake a sleeping vampire early by using the "Rise" interaction on the coffin
- During the day, vampires never accept an invitation or a date via phone
. If a vampire want to woohoo they will need a double bed/car etc to do it as coffins are single beds only

Feel free to call me Squash

Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:19 PM
Well I guess Squash got it covered :P

Except one thing...they can reproduce.

Instructor
#6 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:25 PM
Gah, read wrong in the guide.. Goes to correct my post above.. Thank you for pointing it out Ghanima.. :P

It would be cool if someone could get some pics or something..

Feel free to call me Squash

Alchemist
#7 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 2:06 PM
No problem

I got some pics. Note that I have a hack to remove the Maxis blueish-white face paint and red eyes, and default replacement skins but this is what they look like:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Counts:

Contessas:

There are always four Grand Vampires in each neighbourhood, two males and two females. The males will have brown and red hair, the females have blond and respectively, dark hair.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there isn't a Downtown lot that increases your chances of meeting a vampire. They visit them randomly.

Vampire-related hacks:

Sims2Wiki by HystericalParoxysm

Also see:

-Grand vampires appear more often - Squinge @ InSIM
-Vampires and zombies age - Squinge @ InSIM

Site Helper
#8 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 2:29 PM
It also helps if you constantly visit the same downtown lot with several characters. They are more often attracted to the lots you have made popular.

It is also possible to get Murphy's Law to help out. If you make a character who is never even supposed to SEE a vampire, they will most likely encounter a grand Vampire in the first few trips downtown. But it has to be genuine. If you create one whom you are secretly hoping WILL meet a vampire, Murphy's law will come into play there as well.

And if you are interested in getting married to a grand vampire, they are always Aquarius Pleasure sims. (They are also a pain in the neck to have in your household. Forgive the pun. )
They continue to "bleh", stalk, etc. even after you cure them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#9 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 8:10 PM
The contessa in my neighbourhood has red hair.. but i am not sure if i deleteallcharacters the neighbourhood or not.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:43 PM
What is a Grand Vampire?
Grand Vampires are Maxis NPC downtownie vampires. Vampires have grey skin, red eyes and fangs. They usually walk around with their left arm up in front of their face (stalking) and they will say "Bleh!" a lot. The male and female vampires each have outfits exclusive to them. The male wears a Dracula-type outfit similar to the one available, with a few differences: white gloves, red inner lining on his cape, and a medallion. The female wears a dress similar to the formal dress, but hers is red. Oh, and she always has long, straight hair with a jewel decoration. If that isn't enough clues as to which ones they are, their names will always be preceeded by "Count" or "Contessa" (male and female, respectively).
Aspiration: Pleasure
Job: Professional Party Guest
Simoleons: 50,380

Where to find Grand Vampires
Any downtown lot at night time.

How to get bitten
There are three ways to get bit:
1. Go to a community lot and find a Grand Vampire. Befriend it, and eventually you will get bitten. Grand Vampires will normally bite you after you become best friends (at least 50 daily and 50 lifetime relationship points), but it is possible that they might bite you sooner if you have good chemistry with them. Pleasure, Romance or Popularity are likely to have good chemistry with the Grand Vampires. Also, if your sim is turned on by vampirism and formal wear, they will be attracted to the vampires.
2. Influence a Grand Vampire to bite a sim. Go downtown at night and find a Grand Vampire like before, but this time you don't need to waste any time talking to them. Just make sure you have enough points saved up in your influence meter and "Influence to... Bite neck... (whoever)". Quick, simple and painless (for you, at least!)
3. This last one is a bit more random, but you could do it.
A. Make a sim with Pleasure, Romance or Popularity aspiration. Set their turn ons to Vampirism and Formal wear. Call the Gypsy Matchmaker and ask her for a blind date. Make sure to do it at night, and pay her the maximum amount.
OR
B. Make a sim with Fortune or Family aspiration who is turned off by Vampirism. Call the Gypsy Matchmaker and ask her for a blind date. Make sure to do it at night, and pay her the minimum amount.
The problem with option B is that, while the Grand Vampire is likely to show up, you will have terrible chemistry with them and it will be harder to get them to bite you. But hey, at least you found one, right?

How to be cured of Vampirism
Vamprocilin-D. Buy it from the Gypsy Matchmaker for 60 simoleons.

Vampire special features
Vampires must sleep in coffins. While in their coffin, their motives don't decay and they will stay there all day (unless interrupted by the phone, or another sim, etc...).

(out of time writing this, will finish and fix it later)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 11:28 AM
Whee, thank you guys! Ghanima, your pics aren't showing, but... well, I think the descriptions are probably enough anyway. They're hard to miss.

The FAQ is here. Proofreaders/comments/suggested changes welcomed.

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1548039

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! *stuffs cookies into PM inboxes*

Alchemist
#12 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 11:33 AM
ARGH! *hates photobucket right now...* here, these should show:

Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:54 AM
Hooray! It's done!

One thing I forgot to mention (not that important, BUT)
Vampire Death!!!
If you have a vampire sim who's motives are high, and a normal sim who's motives are low, your vampire can kill that sim. The vampire has to be sleeping in a coffin (during the day). If the normal sim peeks at the vampire in it's coffin, the vampire will jump out and scare the sim to death!
(also works when influencing sims to peek... useful townie killing method maybe?)
#14 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 2:40 AM
Do they still need to eat, since it's said that their motive won't decay?
Site Helper
#15 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 7:22 AM
They only need to eat if they did something to make them hungry. If you have one working a job, they come home slightly hungry. And if for some reason they got into the sun they will get hungry. (Along with dirty, uncomfortable, bored, tired, and full bladder.)

On a related note, make sure to have them exercise or something during the night to make them slightly tired. Otherwise when you put them into the coffin just before the sun rises they immediately climb back out to watch the sunrise because they weren't tired yet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook