Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:55 AM
Default My Children live alone !
:argh: So, I created this sim family with a child; and a toddler . but i killed off the parents, because i wanted the Social worker to come and take the kids so one of my other sims could adopt them. [ i hate the way the maxis kids look. ]

after they died; nothing happened, like, the little girl cried, tried to pick up her sister cried some more and tried to pick up her sister again. :meh: is this normal? or is this a AL glitch ?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:04 PM
Maybe it is a glitch. Do you have other adults living in the apartment building? Maybe that is whats causing the glitch. I don't have AL yet (only one I havent been able to get on release day lol) so I don't really know, lol. Just offering suggestions.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:41 PM
I dont think it is a glitch. In the family bin there is a family of orphans- Newsom is their name I think. Anyway, you can put these kids into an apartment/house whatever and the social worker doesnt come. I wanted to test this so I created a family with a teenager only and put her in a single family home alone. No social worker. I think maybe this is just a new 'feature' of the game with AL.
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 1:19 PM
I don't know about it. The OP says it was a child and a toddler. I know that as long as there's a teen the kids don't get taken away, but without a teen, they should, I had it happen. Also, a child can't possibly take care of a toddler, they can't feed them, put them in their crib, change their nappies or teach them anything save the nursery rhyme, so I suppose it's a glitch. I think the teleporter by Inge Jones allow you to put your kids on adoption anyway, you might want to use that.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
I dont think it is a glitch. In the family bin there is a family of orphans- Newsom is their name I think. Anyway, you can put these kids into an apartment/house whatever and the social worker doesnt come. I wanted to test this so I created a family with a teenager only and put her in a single family home alone. No social worker. I think maybe this is just a new 'feature' of the game with AL.

Teenagers have always been able to live alone..

Since they can make they're on meals and such, they dont need anyone looking after them. Whereas a kid carn't live alone because they carn't do much.

If the social worker hasn't come for a child and a toddler living alone..then i think its a glitch or something..

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 8:50 PM
just really shocked me . like, if the baby gets sleepy the child can`t put her in the bed. lol
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 2:20 AM
It happened to me one on a regular lot, the sim was a toddler and I killed her parents off but the SW never came. Even when she starved as a toddler and everything. I kept the game going until she aged into a child and nothing (A child alot's easier, especially since she can call delivery or if there's leftovers get that).

and about the Newsons, there are two teens in that family which means they are okay.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/