Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:51 AM
Default Removing the 'good/bad witch/warlock' from name
The one thing I've yet to explore with AL is magic, because it really irritates me that all the magical sims are "Name the Good Witch" or "Name the Evil Warlock" or whatever. Is there any way of making my sims magical without the name change?

Also, this is just a random question because, as I said, I haven't made anyone magical and actually played them (I made one sim magical, just to see if they would take on the epithet, then deleted them). So, my sim is made a witch by the evil witch. Does that mean they can only practise evil magic? And vice versa?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:56 AM
No name modifications for Witches and Warlocks.

I haven't played witches/warlocks much. But as I understand it, there is a good-neutral-bad spectrum. The more "good" you are, the greater access you have to the "good" spells. "Good" spells keep your alignment towards the "good" side. The more "evil" you are, the greater access you have to the "evil" spells. "Evil" spells keep your alignment towards the "evil" side. Neutral spells bring your alignment back towards the neutral area of the spectrum. I think there is a mod to prevent neutral spells from doing this.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
No name modifications for Witches and Warlocks.

I haven't played witches/warlocks much. But as I understand it, there is a good-neutral-bad spectrum. The more "good" you are, the greater access you have to the "good" spells. "Good" spells keep your alignment towards the "good" side. The more "evil" you are, the greater access you have to the "evil" spells. "Evil" spells keep your alignment towards the "evil" side. Neutral spells bring your alignment back towards the neutral area of the spectrum. I think there is a mod to prevent neutral spells from doing this.

No alignment change on casting a neutral spell + no reagents: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12918.0.html

I am a black market, money-grubbing Pariah.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 6:05 PM
Perfect perfect PERFECT! Thank you!