Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:50 AM
I have little question about little pets.
Birds and gerbs, lizards, or whatever they are those tiny pets. People are making more of them but I don't want to bother download unless I understand this. Is the little pets a default recolor or MORE new pets to choose from? I'm sorry I'm just not seeing anyone say anything in the downloads or comments.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 8:00 AM
I don't know about the bird as I've never downloaded that but the lizards, squirrels etc are more pets to choose from, each one you download adds a tank to the catalogue. The pets are still the same wormrat animal, they just look different.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 10:15 AM
I think then it would be the same for the birds. Thank you, now they are of interest to me. I thought first they were default replacements and saw no reason.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:34 PM
Well you might be able to get default replacements, but I assumed you meant these. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=464697 Those are the ones I have

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Simtastics : 26th Mar 2013 at 2:35 PM. Reason: clarity
Usually something is only a default replacement if the creator specifically says it is. If it doesn't say so it's pretty much guaranteed to be a new object or a recolor.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 4:35 PM
The bird that you linked (the crow/raven) is also an extra pet rather than a default replacement, I have it in my game :-)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:09 PM
One little thing .... are those considered NPCs? Rather, can you remove them without corrupting the game?

The reptile download didn't work at all for me, for some reason, and I removed it. Might have corrupted the game ... oh, well. I couldn't see keeping it if it didn't work.

I find myself thinking that unless I really, really want characters/items/pets such as these, consider them carefully before adding them. For example, I DO love Rebcah's owl on Affinity Sims, and even if I decide to reinstall if I break down and get Bon Voyage (long story about that. It appears a program I used in the past messed up my installer), I would keep that in there.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
One little thing .... are those considered NPCs? Rather, can you remove them without corrupting the game?

I think that they would be considered the same as the small caged pets that EA released with the Pets expansion, rather than as NPC's, but I'm not sure. They do die if unfed, I think . I think that NPC custom content is cloned from the radio-controlled car (or those human statue things) rather than from EA's caged pets.

Basically I guess this is just my long-winded way of saying "I don't know!"! :-D
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:47 PM
From what I've read, these "caged" animals are like the Maxis ones - they are NOT "NPC". I always thought it was total bazaar that the CAR was coded like an NPC! There are a number of OTHER animals (found on various sites) that ALSO are NPC - deleting them, even REMOVING the CC package, leaves dangerous segments behind. Examples are breedable horses from SimSlice, and chickens from somewhere else (which I have and really like).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:42 PM
I have "extra" birds, and they are just additional options on the birdcage when you go to fill it.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 8:51 PM
I Love birds and have Two "Real Parrots" myself. If you should download any birds just as member "SusannnaG" said they will be an extra options to have to pick from in your game,
that will be added with the Maxis birds already in the game.

They are not NPC just a simple pet. They will died if not care for and will died from old age. Since I am a bird person some of my Sims are too, I love all animals but not "Snakes " Why? Scare as hell of them.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 10:59 PM
Quote:

gazania! *whines* Don't make me think about that. Okay now I have to think about that. *grumble* I hope these folks are correct and they are not more NCP's. I'm beginning to think my download catalogue is one huge ol NPC party.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
gazania! *whines* Don't make me think about that. Okay now I have to think about that. *grumble* I hope these folks are correct and they are not more NCP's. I'm beginning to think my download catalogue is one huge ol NPC party.

I am now picturing you in the Sims 2 movement of "worry."
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Now, now. The things they're talking about are just fine, nothing to worry your pretty head about. Let's just stand here and play "punch me"...well gee, my sims line it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 8:11 AM

*Worry hands*

Quote:
nothing to worry your pretty head about

Well now, I haven't had that in a long time.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 1:56 PM
True, these are caged animals. You cannot control them (you can control your dogs and cats via cheats). They usually move around, eat and die. Mine seem to do a lot of the latter, for some reason. They're probably no worse than fish.

It's just that it's at the point when if it's animated (other than rippling water or something like that), I get nervous!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 2:06 PM
So do I, after the multi packs and farm animal debacle.

If you want them to not die so easily there is a fix called ‘caged pet fixes’ by twojeffs. I've only lost one bird since putting that on and my birds were often known to drop dead the day after I got them.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 5:20 PM
I never got around to using twojeff's mod because I found Christianlov's All-In-One first. The maid feeds my pets they never die.