Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 9:53 AM
Default Werewolves and wolves
It always annoyed me that werewolves could never actually change into a real wolf; they just grew furry. Then I thought, there are real wolves in the game. Would it be possible to make a mod that allows a werewolf to take the form of an actual wolf?

Or even make a spell for witches/wizards that allows them to take the form of an animal.

Would this be possible?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 11:20 AM
It maybe possible but it would he hard for anyone to do. Games such as skyrim have mods which do that I think and this sounds like the werewolves seen in twilight and wolf blood.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 10:20 PM
I doubt it, because pets are completely different creatures than "human" sims. Changing them into a real dog would like mess with their job, aspiration and personality panel.
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 10:36 PM
As Soapsim1 says, it would mess them up to change them to a real wolf. But I wonder if it would be possible to change them to simply look like a wolf while still being human. It would probably lead to some very weird animations, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 4:56 AM
Yeah, I meant just the appearance, not actually giving them pet wants etc. Like you could turn Sims into frogs in Sims 1.
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 3:59 AM
Hello and welcome in Desiderata Valley, we are your Welcome Wagon. My name is... oh, I see your trashcan has been kicked over! Would you mind if my friend rolled in the garbage a bit? Much oblidged. You see, the thing with us werewolves is, some of us like my companion Tiger here favour their animal side, while I favour my human to side to the point where I can sound like a corporate manager. But in truth we are neither... ot both... Huh? Where´d they go all of a sudden? Running away like the devil was on their heels? Sigh. Guess I have still much to learn about humans. Noooooo! Cut it out, Tiger!! Don´t give chase!!!

Isn´t it a shame that the leaders of the pack are simply wolves with glowing eyes instead of the elusive, uncanny man-wolves their name translates to?
That´s why I made the werewolves my sims interacted with often (packleader Baron, she-wolf Koda and packleader Tiger) in CAS - as adult sims. Those sims represent the werwolves in their human form. If my sims manage to befriend them (best friend status) I´ll allow them to transform into werewolves and any "cubs" made with a humanform-werwolf have a 50% chance of becoming werewolves, too (Neither that hasn´t happened so far).
So far I haven´t encountered any problems with my werwolves leading double-lifes. The pack leaders show up on residential lots only and only at night. The human versions appear on community lots at any time and on residential lots during the day, but I make sure to see them out of the house before a leader of the pack can come visit. Don´t want to end up with the same individual in wolfform and human form at the same time! Koda is a bit more tricky, since normal wolves can appear in brought daylight. I guess Visitor Controller will be my friend here.

Question 1: If I made the humanform werewolves into proper werewolves with CreatureShack, would their behaviour change in any way? Would they change at 20:00 into hybrid form while visiting the household I´m playing (desired)? Would they pass by the house during the night hours now, thus clashing with their fured counterparts (not desired)? Would they autonomously bite/ravage and transform other sims (very much desired)?

And my second question: If I turned my human-form werewolves loose by making them into townies, would that have any advantage over just keeping them in a household of their own as playables? Do playables put more strain on the system than townies (loading time, stability etc.)?

And finally, has anybody done this before and has hints, warnings or stories to share?

(b.t.w., I was sure there was a "How do you play your werewvolves-thread", but search wasn´t my friend on this matter, so I hitched the nexbest thread. Sorry!)