Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Make NPC missing "more" option
I've been having this issue for awhile now, but just brushed it aside as some sort of game error. Recently, I had an issue with something else so I created an account free of CC and tested it out as well, then discovered that was still there, so my guess is it has something to do with some type of CC, but I am not sure exactly which one it is causing this issue. Also pressing shift does nothing.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:36 AM
What is the problem exactly?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
What is the problem exactly?

On the mailbox when you spawn certain sims through make NPC (with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat enabled) there is a variety of options, but only the first set of sim types are available, the option "more" is missing
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:06 AM
If I understand the first post correctly, this problem went away when you tried it in a CC-free game, correct?

Then I'm afraid there's nothing for it but to knuckle down, grab a drink, and test until you find the CC that's to blame. This won't take as long as you think it will if you follow the directions in the FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to make your first post. Back up your game, take out half the CC, test, etc. It's tedious, but it really is the simplest, fastest way to track down a problem that originates in custom content and mod conflicts.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If I understand the first post correctly, this problem went away when you tried it in a CC-free game, correct?

Then I'm afraid there's nothing for it but to knuckle down, grab a drink, and test until you find the CC that's to blame. This won't take as long as you think it will if you follow the directions in the FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to make your first post. Back up your game, take out half the CC, test, etc. It's tedious, but it really is the simplest, fastest way to track down a problem that originates in custom content and mod conflicts.

I already know that, but I made this post to see if maybe someone knew the conflict
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:22 AM
Oh, honey, that trick hardly ever works. It's faster to do the 50/50 than to hang around waiting for people to come along with guesses and test the guesses.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 7:37 AM
Above you indicate the issue was still there in a cc free game.

Quote:
I created an account free of CC and tested it out as well, then discovered that was still there

Sometimes things can become corrupted in the files under documents. Can you try renaming your sims 2 folder, running the game so that it creates you a new one and check there?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 1:39 PM
[PROBLEM FIXED]

I had the same problem. I was trying to make my sims into werewolves so I can make my Sims 2 series. But to do that, I need my sims to be bitten by the wolf that I can't summon because of the "More" option button for spawning NPC's was gone.

THE PROBLEM IS IN YOUR CC FOLDER:

You have to find the CC that you downloaded and delete it. Which took me about 1 hour. I had to remove all my CC from the download folder and place them into a different folder. It was basically like a back and forth thing. I was putting "SOME" of the CC that I removed back into the download folder and just started running the game to see if the issue is there or gone (IN GAME). If the issue is still there, I would know that all the CC that I removed so far is safe and will make a new file for the CC I have already removed because now we know the issue is still in my download folder with the few CC I have place there.

To make it a bit easier on you, if you can search up on the search bar in the download folder where all your CC are. Type in "Mail" because you most likely downloaded something that is related to the mailbox that is causing the issue. If your unable to find it by searching it, it's okay. The problem can still be fixed! However, you going to have to take the long way like how I did.

I hope this helps! Also don't worry about the game taking forever to load up. When you remove your all your CC and putting back like 100 or 1000 or so back (NOT TOO MUCH!) the game will load up CRAZY FAST. For me I just had a lot of CC which is why it took me like 1 hour. And remember, If the is still there, that means that issues is with the number of CC's you put back into your downloaded folder. Remove half and then start the game up to check again. If it's gone, the problem was somewhere in that CC you just removed.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
[PROBLEM FIXED]

I had the same problem. I was trying to make my sims into werewolves so I can make my Sims 2 series. But to do that, I need my sims to be bitten by the wolf that I can't summon because of the "More" option button for spawning NPC's was gone.

THE PROBLEM IS IN YOUR CC FOLDER:

You have to find the CC that you downloaded and delete it. Which took me about 1 hour. I had to remove all my CC from the download folder and place them into a different folder. It was basically like a back and forth thing. I was putting "SOME" of the CC that I removed back into the download folder and just started running the game to see if the issue is there or gone (IN GAME). If the issue is still there, I would know that all the CC that I removed so far is safe and will make a new file for the CC I have already removed because now we know the issue is still in my download folder with the few CC I have place there.

To make it a bit easier on you, if you can search up on the search bar in the download folder where all your CC are. Type in "Mail" because you most likely downloaded something that is related to the mailbox that is causing the issue. If your unable to find it by searching it, it's okay. The problem can still be fixed! However, you going to have to take the long way like how I did.

I hope this helps! Also don't worry about the game taking forever to load up. When you remove your all your CC and putting back like 100 or 1000 or so back (NOT TOO MUCH!) the game will load up CRAZY FAST. For me I just had a lot of CC which is why it took me like 1 hour. And remember, If the is still there, that means that issues is with the number of CC's you put back into your downloaded folder. Remove half and then start the game up to check again. If it's gone, the problem was somewhere in that CC you just removed.

I know you might be trying to be helpful but be aware this is a thread from 2017.