Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:20 PM
Default Help! Can't wash dog :(
I was hoping someone else has had this problem, but I searched these forums and google and I seem to be the only one. Which is bad.

I can't bathe my dog in the game. I click "Bathe [dog's name]" on the bathtub (regular Maxis bathtub) and the sim goes to the tub, calls for the dog, the dog arrives in the bathroom and the action stops. They just won't do it. I give them the command ten times, it doesn't help. I put the tub elsewhere, I get a new different tub, absolutely nothing helps.

I don't have any hacked objects in the game, just a few gameplay hacks which shouldn't affect tubs or dogs in any way.

I just don't know what to do, any suggestions?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:26 PM
I've had that problem too, is there enough space around the tub so that the sim and the dog can stay next to eachother? Sometimes when the bathroom is too small I need to place it outside while the sim gives the dog a bath and then return it to its place. And also if you have a cc bath then it might not be compatible with the Pets EP.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:46 PM
Now it finally worked.

Thanks for replying Alma. The bathroom is incredibly small so I thought that may be it, but the problem persisted even when I placed the tub in the living room or in the backyard and bought a completely new one.

But now upon re-entering the game it worked, for the first time. I can't think of an explanation since I've done the same things as I did yesterday, but as long as it works, it's good :D
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 1:55 PM
Well, it's hardly unusual with glitches in this game so that doesn't surprise me! :err:
Good to hear that it works again!
#5 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 12:04 AM
i had that happen once, my bathroom was really small too, i also worked on the relationship. it was low, but they were in the same household. i was wondering if maybe the low relationship had anything to do with it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 5:35 AM
I had this happen to me too - didn't understand why - then I noticed that the bathroom door opened inwards and kept blocking the dog from getting into the tub.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 8:38 PM
I don't have that problem because I downloaded the hygene (sp?) toy hack so my dogs never need a bath It's on MTS2 I believe
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 1:42 PM
I have the hygiene toy hack too! It's a godsend when it comes to dogs. Especially if a busy single-parent family has a dog and doesn't have the time to spend washing the mucky dog every other day.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 6:25 AM
Default Washing Dogs
Hey, I don't know when you posted this but you the reason why you couldn't wash your dog was because he wasn't in a good mood. If your pets are not fulfilled, you can't wash them! Hope this helped
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by couralastar
Hey, I don't know when you posted this...

The date of a post is directly above the poster's name, so you responded to a thread originally posted on 11th Dec 2007 and last posted to on 20th Dec 2007. It's wise to heed the "Attention! This thread has not had a reply for almost [length of time]" warning at the bottom of older threads.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: threadcromancy