Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 9:44 AM
Default What's the point of having playgrounds when no children appear to play in them?
I love the Apartment Life playgrounds... the only trouble is, in every apartment block i build, the only NPC families that move in are either singles or adult couples... I have never seen an NPC child move in in any type of apartment (expensive, cheap, with yard, pool, playground etc. - anything i thought could "draw" actual families to move in). I am tired of making "NPC families" just so the kids in the family i WANT to play could have some friends.

Also, I've built a playground / daycare community lot and anyone that ever shows up are adults. Is there a hack to enable toddler, children, teen NPCs?
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 11:51 AM
I have to agree with you. I also never got NPC families go on vacation while my sims were on vacation I think it's quite annoying and unrealistic, and EAxis had promised (at least for BV) that there would be NPC families... Another disappointment.
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 12:54 PM
I've been sending my Sims to vacation spots rather often and there always were NPC families with a child or teen. There are not much of them, sure, but my Sims met them on community lots and often such a family was living in the same hotel as my Sims.

But I agree that it's very unrealistic that there no families with kids moving to apartments, it's always just a single Sim.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:54 PM
I've noticed that about apartments too. Whenever I have families with children I like to move them all into the same apartment building, this way all kids can use the playground equipments and they also get to make friends their age. I do the same for elders, usually move them all into a building with other elders, and singles get moved into singles buildings.