Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcake12winx
Daylight Savings Time. Need I say more?

At least they're smart enough to put it over a weekend. If it took place over a weekday, I would just die! (Or fall asleep in Science. Believe me, I've been close.) :P

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
At least they're smart enough to put it over a weekend. If it took place over a weekday, I would just die! (Or fall asleep in Science. Believe me, I've been close.) :P

I hear you, I'll fall asleep in Maths. Believe me, IT HAPPENED.

I have a lot to vent about. Firstly, my mother won't let me use the family computer, because she's playing Zuma's Revenge, so I'm stuck with the laptop, on which I can only play Heroes of M&M III, Counter Strike and TS2. I got bored of the first two and I'm too lazy to turn on TS2. Secondly, I've run out of coffee. *frustrated frown*

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Theorist
#28 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:42 PM
For once I'm actually glad to come back to university after a weekend at home. We had the 24 hour news channels on virtually the whole time I was there. It's so awful. Everybody I know in Japan is okay, but a close friend text me today to say that her sister (who's in Tokyo) is okay but has 11 friends missing and one already dead. I can't imagine what it must be like there. It's the way it's not just the earthquake either, but the earthquake, then the tsunami, then the nuclear power plant problems. It just seems like they're getting knock after knock. And that town in which almost 10,000 people are missing...I don't even know what to say.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#29 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:54 PM
What's even scarier about the earthquake is that it moved Japan itself 8 feet to the east, and even more, shifted the Earth's axis four inches. I have new respect and even more fear for earthquakes now.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 4:32 AM
Now it seems that my optical drive issues are just minor compared to the fact that my old school in Aussie has its Japan trip right now for all Japanese class students. I seriously hope they're okay, if they even went. Jenna isn't taking my calls.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#31 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
Somebody said to me that the earthquake in Japan had "happened at such an inconvenient time" for her. No, just no.

Scholar
#32 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 8:10 PM
So, the play I was kicked out of earlier is, I'm pretty sure, cursed. We're doing Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, and the girl who plays Judah (she gets a song and she does a bunch of stuff) her leg "snapped" and all the muscles on her calf stopped working and she can't even bend over...

Oh god I hope she's okay....

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 8:59 PM
I'm trying figure out why my period is three days late? It's not like I'm stressed out, but I dunno what else it could be, and I am 99.99% sure that I am NOT pregnant!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 9:05 PM
After a year and a half of putting it off I finally decided to do the right thing and install anti-virus software on my laptop... It did not go well -_-
2 hours it took me to install the stuff, get blue screened seven hundred times and restore the system! - there goes my early night. Now then back to the ICT coursework

Google has the answers. Not me.
Scholar
#35 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
I'm trying figure out why my period is three days late? It's not like I'm stressed out, but I dunno what else it could be, and I am 99.99% sure that I am NOT pregnant!

It might just be feeling jumpy? 3 days isn't too much for it to be late by.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Alchemist
#36 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre

It's been a month here. Happened before. Not pregnant. Have no possible fathers. No one night stands. Not this month.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#37 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 11:39 AM
This reminded me that mine is a day late ... and bringing that up means I'm likely to get it overnight now

Dreamy, try not to fret about it too much. Worrying about the fact that it might be a pregnancy can cause 'aunt flo' to up and dissapear for the month, as can stress, though i see you said you havn't been stressed out. If it hasn't turned up 2 weeks after the due date (even with your 99.9% certainty) then go and get a prego test, to be on the safe side.

Speaking of periods, lovely things that they are, I know mine is coming due to the fact that I've had bloody sore boobs for the last two days -.- . That's not my issue at the moment though. I've got a killer headache which is making my jaw and teeth hurt too.

I just got asked by a friend why I don't use the pill or some other birth control to make dealing with the effects of Aunt Flo easier. I know using that sort of stuff can affect fertility levels in women so I havn't ever really liked the idea of using those sorts of things (maybe i'm just a traditionalist when it comes to that?) but when I was very sick in 2009 and doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong with me I had an ultrasound and they found inflamed lymph nodes on my ovaries and I was told that there is a possibility I might not be able to have children one day. Thinking about that, I would rather live with all the side effects of these periods, the cramps, headaches, fatigue, constant heavy flow and random body pains, than live without the possibility of having kids.

Call it a test of character, if you will. Maybe it will help one day when it comes to ripping my hair out because my gorgeous loving 4 year old son has gone and drawn pictures for mummy on the lounge wall and my beautiful baby girl has spit up her breakfast and managed to tip the rest of the bowl onto the floor.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
Kia Kaha
Alchemist
#38 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 12:59 PM
Jesus Christ, pardon my language, but HOLY FUCK NOW A VOLCANO ERUPTED?! My god, what did Japan ever do to mother nature?... All they need is a tornado and hurricane and they will have had all the disasters I can think of all at once.

My original vent is so stupid I'm not even posting it.
Theorist
#39 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Geah
I just got asked by a friend why I don't use the pill or some other birth control to make dealing with the effects of Aunt Flo easier.

I'm on the pill and it does virtually nothing for period pain etc. for me, at least. The only positive apart from the obvious is that it means I know when my period's about to start and I can go several months without having a period if I feel like it.

I have to have a blood test. I am not looking forward to it, or the results.

Scholar
#40 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 8:07 PM
Wanna hear something funny? I did get it overnight *Yay*

^My old doctor wanted to put me on it because I was getting it every two weeks, and it would last for about 8 days each time, being a constant heavy flow too of course. Thankfully the two weeks thing has stopped, I'd still choose not to go on the pill if it hadn't though.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
Kia Kaha
Alchemist
#41 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 8:37 PM
Minor vent.

One of my dogs, Nala, keeps following me around. Now, normally I'd be thrilled to have a dog following me around, as one (Nala) is obsessed with my mom, another (Olivia) is afraid of me for lord knows what reason, and the other (Angel) just doesn't care or gets bored. However, I don't want dogs in my bedroom, much less on my bed, as this is one of the few dog hair-free rooms in the house, and I don't want it all over my stuff. I put her up here on the bed, put her in a little dog bed, and she still walked over to me, even walked on my freaking laptop. I don't know why she's suddenly following me... her tail's down, her ears are down. I'm thinking she's just really lonely because my mom's at work, my dad's sleeping and my sister is halfway across the state and her room (with a giant, comfy bed) has its door shut.
Scholar
#42 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 10:17 PM
more play related venting then Japan venting.

So today I went to retrieve my costume from the room, and found out who replaced me in the play. Ilyssa. This is the girl who I've dreaded might take my place. She's teased me since the 4th grade when we first met, and we almost all out brawled last year before her older brother (graduated) came to break it up. I hate her with a loathing passion and now I'm even more sad about this whole situation. Why would they put her in? I sincerely wish it was anyone than her. She's got a fake tan, too much makeup to count, and just an awful personality. Call me prejudice, but one day after school after a particularly bad bullying I could hardly stand for crying and feigned sickness so my mom wouldn't find out.

And in Japan related news, my teacher's son is stuck in Tokyo. He's trying to get out of there but can't and I feel so bad for her. HEr ex husband is in Shioko (I think that's what it's called, I'm not too sure) so she's just been worried sick. And oh gosh on the volcano, seriously how can things get any worse?

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Theorist
#43 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Phoeberg : 16th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM.
I just hit a glass jar aginst my hip extremely hard. It had sugar in it and I wanted to loosen it up, so for some reason I thought I'd slam it against my hip, right on the bone. It's so painful!

Scholar
#44 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 1:31 PM
I am so tired. I slept at 10:30 and woke up at 8. I was fine for a couple of hours then I got very tired, drowsy and got a headache, I don't get it, I slept well and I eat well, why the hell am I tired like this?! I can't study and I can't memorize a thing! Not to mention I am in a very deadly mood and bored.

On another note, I fear that Japan might just disappear the next time I open the news.

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:42 PM
I have a huge test for Psychology today. It's not that they're especially hard, but you have to write three essays in just under an hour, and it's just painful trying to fit it all in.
Alchemist
#46 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:08 PM
Daaaah, writer's block.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:37 PM
Nevereverevereverevereverever end task on Windows Explorer. It is NOT the same thing as Internet Explorer (shudder) and will hinder your ability to do ANYTHING because you just end task'd on the freaking ENTIRE OF WINDOWS.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#48 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:13 AM
THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE CALL MUSIC TODAY?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0 Warning: do not listen if you do not like nasal voices.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:42 AM
^ WHAT. IS. THAT. It reminds me of iCarly on crack.

I can't find two matching socks! The floor is freezing and I am not wearing an ankle sock and a toe sock, thank you!

Mad Poster
#50 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:28 AM
FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY! My god, that song is absolutely hilarious! Seriously though, I heard it on Monday night, and I've been singing it all week.

Today has actually been one of the worst days of my life:
  • I woke up late
  • I missed my bus
  • I got a lift, but as I got out of the car, I tripped over
  • Consequently, I ripped my jeans directly across my knee which I also got all bloodied up
  • I had History first, which is always terrible
  • I had a Psychology test, which involved three essays in an hour
  • And now I'm starving and even the kitchen is full, we have no food that I don't have to cook

Page 2 of 117