Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:01 AM
Default Adopted cat, moved 2 sims out, cat vanished, please help :)
Hello!

Today I messed up when playing the sims. There is a stray cat called Kim, she is really cute, and I have wanted her in one of my families for ages.

Just now, whilst playing, my sim, Elfie managed to make friends with Kim, so I got the option 'Adopt'. I clicked it, and a message came up saying 'this pet is pregnant, so don't move out until the babies are born' or something like that.

My house was quite full already (7 sims and 1 dog), so I decided to move Elfie and her husband out. I didn't realise that this would count as moving out (I thought it meant not to move out the whole family), but apparently it did, as I lost my cat

She still existed, as a stray again, not part of my household, or part of Elfie's family in the bin. I exited the game, and checked her in Neighbourhood Browser in SimPE. Under Other, it said she wasn't pregnant.

So I loaded up my most recent back-up, but that said the same thing (that the cat isn't pregnant). This was from before I had made friends with the cat.

So now I'm quite confused. Is the cat pregnant? And should I play my back-up, or is my original game ok?

I know it's lazy, and I haven't done much since the last back-up, I just don't really want to re-play my last few families' rotations as it's a bit boring!

Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 5:51 AM
That's weird. I don't think the cat should be pregnant upon move in. I'd guess it was a glitch and I'd just play your normal game and try to befriend the cat again and see what happens.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:13 AM
Did you get Kim pregnant while playing another lot, as she doesn't come pregnant. Have you breed animals on that lot before? There is a mod to get rid of pregnancy tokens which can accumulate on lots were animals have been born. How did you move them out?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 6:47 AM
Did you delete any sims from the simbin or sell any urns or headstones(without the nounlinkondelete mod)? Your hood might be having some glitches.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 12:21 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 26th Aug 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Thanks for answering everyone.

No, I didn't get her pregnant. I haven't bred animals on that lot before. I just moved them out with the newspaper.

No I'm quite careful about corruption now, I haven't done any of those things and I have got nounlinkondelete aswell.

I might go back to the latest back-up, I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I've done any harm corruption-wise.

EDIT-Just in case anyone else has the same problem, or is just interested. I went back to my latest back-up. I had a couple of houses to play again before I got to Elfie's house. So when I was playing the Tring household (5 sims and one dog), Kim the cat showed up there. I got Bing to befriend her, and adopt her. This time, it just asked if I wanted to adopt her. It didn't show the message from my earlier post. She is not pregnant, and everything seems to be fine.

I don't know what caused the odd message I got when playing Elfie's house, the only thing I can think of is either that the household was already too full, or maybe the dog from her house somehow picked up a pregnancy token, as he was bred on another lot? I don't know.