Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 8:43 PM
Default Can you change personality traits?
I've made a family with a lovely spaniel, except I must have selected the wrong option and he's turned out aggressive instead of cowardly - he keeps snarling at everyone! I can't even 'Praise for positivity towards others' or whatever it is, as he's just horrible to everyone! What can I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
I've made a family with a lovely spaniel, except I must have selected the wrong option and he's turned out aggressive instead of cowardly - he keeps snarling at everyone! I can't even 'Praise for positivity towards others' or whatever it is, as he's just horrible to everyone! What can I do?

If you have SimPE, with the game closed you can go into the dog's character file and change the personality. I've had to scold hostility towards others a few times in the dog that Pascal Curious has. (The dog does the coward trait, but still acts aggressively towards Pascal's kids.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:07 PM
You can train him to be friendly by scolding hostile behaviour as well as praising friendly behaviour.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
If you have SimPE, with the game closed you can go into the dog's character file and change the personality. I've had to scold hostility towards others a few times in the dog that Pascal Curious has. (The dog does the coward trait, but still acts aggressively towards Pascal's kids.)

This actually makes a bit of sense. Real world sense, that is; I'm not sure it makes sense according to the game's programming. But in real dogs, aggression arises out of fear almost as much as it does out of dominance. I've got a pack of seven, and a couple of them are rescue dogs, both purebred pit bulls taken from people who bred dogs for fighting. Until they settled in and learned their places in our pack, they were the most aggressive dogs I've ever had, but I could tell that it came from fear, from a feeling of having to protect themselves. The attitude is all different from a dog that's aggressive out of dominance. NOW the two of them are the most laid-back dogs on Earth, but it took a while. So a "cowardly" dog is often MORE aggressive than one that is securely dominant. In the real world, like I said. It's probably not to be that way in the game, though.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 4:10 AM
Just a normal self defense mode, dogs or humans....sims? naw. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)