Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 5:06 PM
Default Bridgeport Remake
I did a rude remake of Bridgeport, with a big surburban area, more community lots, I added more households and did a road replacement.
-All expansions required
-160 new lots
-80% of the houses is furnished
-65 households

Some lots and families are from Mayfield Springs and Aurora Skies.

Link to download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...q4Z?usp=sharing

If you download, please, don't forget to give me a feedback.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th May 2022 at 7:12 AM
Gonna download this and test it out, I did my own version of the world a long ago but yours seem better, though I'm a little worried about the performance and having that many lots, but I'll test it out either way, thank you!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2022 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegumfish
Gonna download this and test it out, I did my own version of the world a long ago but yours seem better, though I'm a little worried about the performance and having that many lots, but I'll test it out either way, thank you!

Did you download this? How did it go as far about playability?
I really like the addition of the houseboats that was done.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 6:00 AM
I like how the world is so big and has so many new lots, but I discovered that trying to edit the university/vacation worlds results in an endless loading. I even removed all of my mods to see if that was the issue, but the infinite loading did not happen in any other CC worlds I tried.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielgomescunha
I did a rude remake of Bridgeport, with a big surburban area, more community lots, I added more households and did a road replacement.
-All expansions required
-160 new lots
-80% of the houses is furnished
-65 households

Some lots and families are from Mayfield Springs and Aurora Skies.

Link to download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...q4Z?usp=sharing

If you download, please, don't forget to give me a feedback.

I loved that you managed to fix the terrain in the world, I always found Brigheport very difficult to edit due to the terrain.

I downloaded it and put it in my game and I was amazed at the size of the area you increased, I didn't even know it was possible. The beaches you created changed, the layout was really cool, very realistic for a city, in terms of editing and construction you nailed it.

In terms of gameplay, the only thing that I found worrying is that it is quite large, the Sims 3 was not designed to handle such a large city and with so many lots, just by loading the world, the game already reached 2.6GB of RAM, above With 2.8GB RAM, the code 12 error can happen almost inevitably. In my case, as I have content from the store, CCs and mods, I believe that just playing for a while would make it very difficult to save and make progress, which is a shame because I think cities like this make the game more enjoyable to play. .

I think that to make the world more "playable", you would have to remove some boat houses, as these bug the world a lot, especially the world where the sea was not made for them, and unfortunately, the new area you added will have to be extremely reduced, the size of the lots for each house, reducing the number of houses and allotment sessions. I saw that it is more or less than 8 blocks. Perhaps reducing the size of house lots and the number of houses per block would help a lot. I believe that the game would not be able to handle the majority of houses being populated, and you even added several families to give more life to this area. Maybe placing these families as close neighbors and just putting some empty houses and some areas of land to build on, I think that would help a lot with performance.

It breaks my heart to say this because you did a simply fantastic job, and I think it must have taken a lot of work to do. It's a shame that Sims 3 doesn't have a 64-bit version for better performance.