Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
Default Say Hi, True Blood fans!
Are you a fan of HBO's series True Blood, based off the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries? Do you find your self swooning over Bill, adoring Sookie and checking out Jason? If so, you are not alone! Here, True Blood fans can say hi!
Maybe you could add:
How did you learn about True Blood?
Who's your favourite character?
Have you read the books?
or just general True Blood chit chat

Well for me, I noticed LL30 had a True Blood avatar and I was interested. I read about True Blood on the net and I was intrigued. I watched some episdoes and bought the first book. And now I love it!
So, come tell about yourself and express how much you love True Blood

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
Hi! I'm a True Blood fan also. I read the series of books as they came out and am totally hooked on Sookie. I've also watched the TV show which is pretty different from the books in some respects. I love Sookie and am on the fence about Bill. I used to really like him but he's been sort of a jerk to Sookie. I really love Eric altho' he's very self-centered. I think the best all around guy for Sookie is Sam!!

I'm pretty thrilled with the True Blood sims at LL30 and here by fanseelamb! It's fun to have sim reproduction characters in the game which actually look like the actors. Any I create, I have to totally pretend they're the actual characters because the resemblance is not so good!! LOL.

So hi and glad to be here!!
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:58 AM
Hi! I just got my new true blood posters today! One's the promo for season 1, the lips with writing "Thou shall not crave thy neighbor" The second is one of the promos for season 2, with sexy Bill and Sookie with bite marks and blood running down... yum. So excited :D

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:30 AM
Hi all! I love TrueBlood as well! Hooray!

I have read all of the books, except for the last two, and I have enjoyed them immensely! My favorite character from the books would have to be Quinn, but from the show, it would have to be Bill Compton. I even have an I <3 Bill Compton shirt I found as Spencer's gifts, plus my own promo posters when I picked up Season One on bluray.

I agree with you, edejan, that the show is a bit different from the books. But the way I look at is this: the show is the "Other Adventures of Sookie Stackhouse," or even the "in-betweeners" of each book. :D
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM
OH! I love that avatar, Tashi!

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:00 AM
Hullo

I just started watching True Blood last night...I like!!

This thread has not been posted in in long time
I can't watch Episode 2, though, , it won't load on the only receptionish thing I can get on Surf the Channel...

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:04 AM
JUST started? You need to start with season 1.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:34 AM
I did...I can't watch S1E2 tho...it won't load on sina

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
Aw man, that sucks! You should pick it up on dvd or blu-ray. Bill Compton is so HOT in high definition!

I just caught this last Sunday's episode. I've read the books and I keep waiting for the dramatic bits, only to be surprised by new twisted dramatic bits.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM
I don't have HBO either Cheap ass parents.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:54 AM
*cough*bittorrent*cough

Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:06 AM
I don't download stuff unless you prove it isn't virus filled.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:56 PM
I'll be losing HBO in August. I got the "three months free" promo when I got satelite. Hopefully, it'll being going bye-bye after the end of the second season.

I'd die without Bill Compton if I lost HBO before then!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:05 PM

Sorry, he's just so cute!

ooh >.> <.< *romance music*

Mine froze halfway through Episode 2 of Season 1 I only got to the part where Bill was licking the blood off Sookie and asking what she was..

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
#15 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:00 AM
i watch True blood alot!! my mom got these blocks on some channle becuase my brother is at this part where he likes to see private body parts. so my mom block some channles. by 2 months im moveing in my collage dorm so i get to watch true blood without asking whats the pin code to be able to watch it
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM
I don't even have HBO...*sigh*

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:57 AM
*toddles in*
Ohaithar!
Okay, soooo...I loved True Blood before it was the new shiz. My friend gave me the first 10 episodes and he was all "This is amazing, watch it.". So I did. Then, at least over here, everyone was like "ZOMG! Did you hear about this amazing show True Blood. Nah, of course you didn't!" but then I was all "BAM! Already seen it!".
Anyways, to get back to some normality...
I've watched every episode and I'm in the process of reading the 4th book. It's sitting next to me as I type this, and I'm very tempted to read it...but I must restrain.
My favourite character in the books is Eric because he's totally awesome, but that hasn't seemed to transfer to the show yet which makes me saaaad. Oh, and I love Bubba as well.
In the show, my favourite character is...hm...Pam, I spose.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:00 PM
I love Quinn (he comes in at about the sixth book) the most out of all of the characters.

As far as the show, well, of course I love Bill Compton... But Sam is growing on me. I don't know why. He's just as whiny in the books as the show.

In the first season, when Amy comes into play, I about died when my newest coworker started working and is a dead (heh) ringer for Amy! And the great thing is, my coworker is just as crazy!
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM
I love True Blood. I am addicted.
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 6:38 PM
Hi, I discovered True Blood 2 weeks ago when it was advertised as Brand New on FX. I am on series 1 ep 3 tonight! Didn't know they were books but I am probably going to hunt them out now!

Cass I watched true blood online Watch Season 1, Episode 2: The First Taste Free Here!]

Didn't do anything to my pc. Skip the advertisements. Go full screen. Does the trick.

XD

^_^