Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Options In Alternate Pregnancy Controller
So I've started testing out Chris Hatch's "Alternate Pregnancy Controller" mod on a tester hood to make sure everything works fine for me, which for the most part does. The only problem I'm really seeing is that there is no option for sims to take birth control in either of the AL medicine cabinets. I've tried checking the sink underneath just in case also to no avail. Checked for conflicts using the Hack Conflict Detector and saw nothing there that could lead to any solutions with this mod. To be 100% honest I have overlooked simple solutions before and I wouldn't be surprised if I am doing so again.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 11:57 AM
My version of this mod has a file with it for this:
CJH_BirthControl.package
Perhaps @Chris Hatch could help here?
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:40 PM
CJH_BirthControl.zip (4.3 kB)
Overrides/Adds to the menu for Apartment Life's medicine cabinets so Apartment Life EP is required.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 7:53 PM
Thank you! I didn't even think that I was missing a file!
I had gotten my version of the download from this thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611600 and just plain was confused when the option was missing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 8:08 PM
@Chris Hatch Could you clear something up for me? In the thread linked above you mention that the latest version of the Pregnancy Controller is CJH_ControllerPregnancy(Pets+).zip. In my archive from Backalley Sims I have this in the documentation of the Pregnancy Controller:

So the version I am using is from the archive CJH_PregControl-AL+.zip. Is the CJH_ControllerPregnancy(Pets+).zip in that thread a newer version than the one I'm using? Am confused. Thanks.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:14 PM
Yes it is newer, the only real difference is the miscarriage can be turned off via the globe. It was rewritten to be compatible with lower EPs, down to Pets so many of the other versions are now defunct.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:25 PM
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:13 AM
I'm having the same kind of issue! No miscarriages, no birth control, and no parents under the adult life stage unless I make it happen with Blender. I'm not missing any files either! I'm so confused !
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 11:18 AM