Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 4:35 AM
Default Custom Content Help
I have the Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac Book. Every custom content that I download unzips as a "document' and not a file? Or, shows up as an original game item. Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM
Moved to Sims 2 help! Hopefully someone will come along with some more knowledge to help you out
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carmellopi
I have the Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac Book. Every custom content that I download unzips as a "document' and not a file? Or, shows up as an original game item. Am I doing something wrong?

Umm as far as I know this is not a serious problem. I do have some questions so I am going to ask, what are you using to unzip the archives? When you unzip do you get the contents as some-name.package, like MacMini.package? Does the game recognize that you have Custom Content? Does the Custom Content load?

So basically if files have the proper extension of .package and the game recognizes that you have CC and said CC loads like it should, you are good.

Whether or not cc that you download is recognized as a document or a file is not really important as far as I know. I have an App that I downloaded from the Apple Store File Spy.app and since I have the File Spy App I have my .package files listed as "OtherOnes" in the Kind column in the Finder, this just means that I can double click on the .package files and File Spy.app will open the file so that I can look at it if I want to try to figure out something about who made it as sometimes there is something that will tell me who the creator was, that I have the files as OtherOnes does not make any difference it is just something that the Finder uses. What is important is that the .package files are recognized by my game and loaded properly, not what ever the Finder says about the files.

I hope that I helped.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.