Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#601 Old 26th May 2011 at 6:34 AM
Well it might be best if you do upload both CC that you included in the world file and non CC version. (even though I rather prefer the CC version) It's up to you though.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#602 Old 26th May 2011 at 2:32 PM
Your so creative FP!!!, Love the boats and lol at the plane !! XD great try on it but maybe get rid of it ? its abit cringy lol, I agree with FP on this one... I think theCC files should be seperate, I mean the world is already based on the base Game and not the other Ep's so that said the only CC he would add is planes and boats ?? and maybe rabbitholes people can add this their self ? This project has been going on for ages and I think upon all the other things that need doing to this world including... adding LN features and adding new cars would really make it stressful if you were to make an additional world just for CC its not worth it to be honest... just have the CC as an optional download like you said.
Also this is Random but I remember the print warehouse in VC lol, and when I look at it I think of the Grind in LN (for those who have played LN) its like an EX warehouse/factory turned into a Nightclub,Found it on Google saves me takign a pic in game lol http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...s:0&tx=83&ty=42 . The idea of a major warehouse getting renovated from the inside and changed into this Extremly popular Nightclub is so awesome just thinking about it, also it helps with not having to add new lots everywhere when you have potential building worthy of becoming Hotspots In town.
Scholar
Original Poster
#603 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
9b8ll, I don't know if I'll post the cc version here, but I definitely will post it on my own site, it's just easier that way, so I wont have to split the files in to 10mb components.

And thank you for your input melanise! That's actually a very cool idea for the print warehouse in VC! It would help with being compatible with LN as you said.

Regarding Vice City's progress, it's coming along nicely. Been working on a lot of interiors and also remodeling lots of the buildings. I am also considering releasing a third beta, but we'll see what happens. Hang in there guys, and once again I appreciate all of the feedback!
Scholar
Original Poster
#604 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:40 AM
Default 3rd Beta - June 5,2011
Hey guys! So I decided to release a 3rd beta. As always, nothing is complete. I still need to finish the terrain and water, and still have much more work to do. But there is much more new material than the previous beta. I've constructed many more buildings and have worked on some interiors, mainly residential. So test, comment, criticize, and tell me anything you'd like to, or what you think about the city. Thanks so much!

Requires base game only and no cc.
http://freshprincecreations.com/vicecityv69.zip
Inventor
#605 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:41 PM
Installed TS3 again, just so I can play this world again ^^ And I'm happy you are keeping it base game compatible! Hope it will stay that way
Scholar
Original Poster
#606 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
Installed TS3 again, just so I can play this world again ^^ And I'm happy you are keeping it base game compatible! Hope it will stay that way

Haha, that's great! And yes it will stay base game compatible, with perhaps a late night different version.

And guys, absolutely any feedback on the new beta is more than welcomed and appreciated!
Test Subject
#607 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:37 PM
I wasn't going to download any custom worlds, but i couldn't help myself with this one! It is fantastic! I've only been playing around with it for a bit, and already have fallen in love with it! haha..
With the swimming pool lot next to the beach, I love that lot! The undercover bar area needs a door or something though, sims can't access it! I know that's a tiny little thing in your big world lol but thought i'd mention it anyway.. I hope you do a late night version eventually too! I'tll be perfect!
Theorist
#608 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 1:32 AM
I had a little tour of it just now.
It's a real peach. Theres nothing really that deserves any criticism.
Apart from the pier with a boat, where you have gallantly tried to make it blend in with everything else, but the blue box under the pier stands out as the ugliest bit.
I know it's hard to make a lot on water, but that box. Against that colour of water particularly.
On the other hand, the freight ship worked out perfectly. Innovation there.

Looks to be about 90% done too. Good work FP!!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#609 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
And guys, absolutely any feedback on the new beta is more than welcomed and appreciated!

I just spent a few hours in the 3rd beta and here is some nitpicking for you.

You really should change the road textures for the runways. Roads for runways are horrible. Actually, overall the airport is not looking good.
You should also have a look at downtown at night, only half the buildings are lit up and the ones that are a little too, white (except for the one blue one). You need to add a little color if possible.
The land around the stadium should be trimmed back a bit to make it look like the stadium takes up all the space there is. I know the stadium itself cant be any bigger due to the 64x64 limit the game has.

You should still get some pics of the airports Costerboi done in Los Aniegos and Red County. Or you could download the worlds yourself.

Overall the city is great, i'm just pointing out these flaws to be constructive.
Field Researcher
#610 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:09 AM
I agree with murf-but, otherwise, wonderful!
Instructor
#611 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM
It's all looking so stunning and organic! Really fantastic work!!! :3

(Although, can I just ask, how are you getting the buildings to light up at night? Invisible wall lights? XD)

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Field Researcher
#612 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:26 AM
Hey FP!

It has been quite soome time since I last checked in on this project, happy to see yer still going at it!

It looks good!
Wiki Wizard
#613 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:42 AM
Okay i'm downloading it now and i'll test it for you when i first get the chance

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#614 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:56 AM
hey ive been looking at your project seince day 1 i just spyed tho so ive seen it and i LOVE it!

"So You Want Us To Blow It Up BOOM? Yes BOOM!"- Neville Longbottom & Professor McGonagol DH2
Test Subject
#615 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
I think you should definitely include an expansion pack version for those of us who don't want to have to upgrade. I think it looks wonderful so far! Going to download the beta and play right away!
Test Subject
#616 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:30 PM
Downloaded and played with it last night! I loove it, you're spot on with every detail, its Amazing!!
Last night I furnished the Malibu Club and Diaz's Mansion!
My only con is, there isn't really enough space to add the LATE NIGHT nightclubs and bars, as they do require pretty large plots. It would be awesome if you could release a Late Night version of Vice City, as well as the one your offering right now But apart from that, amazing job! Can't wait to see the finished version :D!
Test Subject
#617 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:03 AM
Fyi
i just wanted to let you know about how to make the lots like 47x27 to 30x40 all you have to do is look in the bottom right-hand corner while placing lots
Scholar
Original Poster
#618 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:08 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I know the airport doesn't look too great, but I still have lots of work to do with that and the ports. I'll keep trying to make that area look better overall. I'll also probably make a late night version, if I ever finish this one first,lol. I might put some parking lots around the stadium, and if that doesn't work out, I'll just make the land around it smaller. gingercid, I know how to determine lot sizes, but for this world, I need very, very specific lot sizes to fit everything I want. Since it's more or less a replica, I have to have things in exact spots, and having lots in dimensions of 5's does actually limit the flexibility and accuracy of the world quite a lot.

I honestly haven't worked too much more on the world, but been working on mostly interiors still, which can get tedious and boring for me, which is why it's taking forever to finish.
Theorist
#619 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:29 AM
You can cheat a new lot size in awesomemod by typing addlotsize 41 21, but of course thats not using CAW. Still...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#620 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:27 AM
When is the actual Vice City suppose to come out!?
Test Subject
#621 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:28 AM
Oh and Fresh-Prince. You are the best Sims 3 creator EVER!!! I love your cars and everything you make. I really want to see this city and see how awesome its going to be!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#622 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:30 AM
I've been playing it a bit, and I love it!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg69....jpg&res=medium
Am I the only one who saw this?

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg38....jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg50....jpg&res=medium
BTW, what's this supposed to be?
Scholar
Original Poster
#623 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:32 PM
Haha, that was my attempt at making an above ground pool.
Test Subject
#624 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 5:09 AM
Holy moley FP... I was expecting good things from this, but damn that looks absolutely amazing.

Very nice work.
Field Researcher
#625 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
I've been playing it a bit, and I love it!

BTW, what's this supposed to be?

An above-ground pool?
I might have to download this, it looks phenomenal, nice job!
Locked thread
Page 25 of 30