Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:58 AM
Lumino, I think you will have to tell someone, especially considering that she is throwing her life away. Smoking is a very unhealthy thing, and it's illegal if she is underage, and if I get what you are saying about the other thing, then I would be very concerned. Before you tell someone else, talk to your friend first. I know how dangerous underage smoking is, because almost everyone does it at the school I go to, (definitely not me, I have at least half a mind.) and it concerns me deeply. Please talk to your friend, and if she refuses to talk to you, then yes, talk to someone. It's okay to be worried, I would be.

VENT: My neck is always so sore, that it feels like it's burning. I do lots of heavy lifting at school for Audio Design, and it is really worrying me. It hasn't hurt like this before. I can't sit on a chair that doesn't have a back on it it gets that bad. I don't know what's wrong, and I am really hoping it's nothing.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Advertisement
#27 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:40 PM
Tree4me: :thumb: I plan on talking to her tomorrow. Usually she just laughs at whatever I have to say, thinking I'm just joking around. But ...She also showed me and told me that she cuts herself. She even carries around a lighter all the time! And her boyfriend cuts himself and smokes too. I won't give up on helping her though, but she is what you call "Goth,Emo,Scene,Punk" (Sorry if I'm labeling, but thats what she wants me to refer to her as!) She expects everyone to follow her in her footsteps. I'm glad I'm not doing any of those things. Thanks for you concerns!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 9:25 PM
I'm glad you aren't doing those things also. The fact that she causes herself bodily harm and her boyfriend does the same thing is very frightening, and the fact she wants other people to do the same thing as she does is even worse.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 4:58 AM
This isn't really a rant, more of.. something I need to let out.

I bought 2 bettas today, a male and female. The male was the only one the store had, but he was in yellowish water, so I asked the lady to change it and I said I'd take him, hoping he'd be okay. I think it shocked him. He's been on the bottom of the tank since I put him in, he was breathing, but not moving around a lot. I knew he was going to die, but.. when I looked over a while ago and he wasn't breathing, it was just a lil sad.

I have to take his carcass back tomorrow and exchange it for a, hopefully, healthier male. :[

RIP Spazz. Oh, and if you're wondering, the female, Dorothy, is doing fine. ^^
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 9:11 AM
Not fishy... NOT FISHY!!!!! *sob*

Sorry about your fishy, Beffi.

Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 8:02 PM
I have a friend who is trying to make plans with me for this weekend and I'd love to see her, but she is constantly and unfailingly late. It's not just ten or twenty minutes, either- it can be up to an hour or two, sometimes even three. She always calls to tell me that she'll be late, but I wish she would just come when she says- there's so much that I could get done and so many errands I could run while I wait on her. There's no nice way to tell her to be the hell on time, either. I want to see her, I do, but I'm not sure if it's worth screwing around waiting on her.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#32 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 8:10 PM
Seriously, be straight with her. Say you do have things you need to get done and if she gets up to 30 minutes late (which is the limit, realistically), call her and tell her you're sorry but you just can't wait. I've had to do this before and it sure knocked some sense into my friend. If she's the one trying to make plans then she'll fall the most when she realises it was her fault it was cancelled.
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 9:17 PM
My friend is really starting to drive me crazy. She is always spazzing out about something little or gets pissed off really easily at something that was meant as a joke. Like today my crush wasn't at school and I was a little disapointed but oh well..in the classroom all of a sudden shes like omg there he is!! And I'm like WHERE?! She meant her crush and I said " Oh well then I don;t care about that!!" But you could easily tell by my tone that I was clearly joking. She was fine then and stormed out... I'm not the only one who has noticed this either, my other best friend has also noticed how she's acting and it's getting ridiculous!! I'm getting fed up with her and I'm not sure how long I'll last with her being wayy to oversensitive
Mad Poster
#34 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 11:02 PM
My best friend has left to go to Nepal for a month .
She lives about five minutes away (walking), so we always spend all of our time together, but now I'm not going to see her for ages. It'll be really weird not spending my spare time with her.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 11:15 PM
Aww. I'm sorry PixCii. I know how you feel. My best friend has schizophrenia, and has gone to Exeter until after Easter.

My vent: I'm too scared to go to school, I'm too scared to go out. I am definitely wagging school on Monday.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 5:50 PM
My sister and I have been planning to go see Monsters vs. Aliens today since about two weeks ago, and just as I was drying my hair she called to say that she has food poisoning and can't go. I'm not angry with her and I don't blame her for getting sick, but my sister has a comically weak immune system that has interrupted our plans before. It's too short notice to make plans with anyone else, either. It's just frustrating... I'm not mad at her, but now I'm thinking "okay... now what am I gonna do?" Guess I'll play some TS2!

Mad Poster
#37 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 11:54 PM
I have absolutely nothing to do. All my friends are busy, so I can't do anything with them, my parents are out, my brother is seriously hungover, and I am bored out of my skull. I should be revising for a few tests, but seeing as I can't concentrate on Maths or Science at 9 o'clock in the morning unless I'm at school, the whole studying thing didn't go too well.
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tree4me
Not fishy... NOT FISHY!!!!! *sob*

Sorry about your fishy, Beffi.

Well, I got a new one to replace Spazz. Her name is Ducky and she's pretty. xD

PixCii: Try getting on your favorite websites if your school will let you. It helps me to get on task sometimes, to pop on here or Wajas.com. It refreshes my mind for me, so I can focus better. ^^
Mad Poster
#39 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 9:29 AM
I like the name Ducky.

VENT: I have been out in the wind all day, my headache has just gone, thankfully, but it really hurt before. To top it all off, it's FREEZING!

Mad Poster
#40 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 10:11 AM
Can we have your weather, Liz? Please? It's too sunny for my liking up here. Far, far too sunny.

Added vent:
I love my mother, despite all the arguments (and trust me when I say that they are plentiful in my household), but I'm getting so sick of it!
I was trying to give an informed opinion at the dinner table tonight about something on the news, and her response to that was "Just be quiet and stop being such a smart ass, Sophie." The same thing happens whenever I try to say anything that goes against her opinions, and then she whines to my father that she never gets to express her opinions, and whenever she does she gets shot down. I'm pretty sure that she has it backwards.
Plus, she's allowed to be angry at absolutely anyone she pleases to be, but as soon as someone is slightly annoyed at her for anything, they're immediately in trouble. For example, after our little argument at the dinner table this evening, I was trying to control myself before I went off at her. She comes up, trying to make amends a bit too soon after the dispute and I'm not in the mood to play happy family again. She notices my slight hostility and yells at me, saying that I'm an ungrateful spoilt brat, and after she had asked me if I was annoyed and I had said yes, she told me that she would never ask me if I was okay again, seeing as I was always angry at her whenever she did so. Now she's going to be mad at me for a few days, and as soon as we make up, she's going to find something else to be pissed at me about. She always does, no matter how small or insignificant it may be.
I seem to cop all the crap from her nowadays, and I'm really sick of it. I've tried to talk to her about it, but she turns it into an argument, even if I'm just trying to have a rational conversation with her.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:50 AM
No problems, Sophie. You can have it! It's too bloody freezing down here, and we have these slutty school uniforms which make it even worse!

To answer to your vent, I know how you feel. I have to put up with the same thing from everyone in my family, and at one stage, I even lost the plot! All my mum does is get me into trouble, and calls me by my full Croatian name! The best advice I can give you is to hang in there, and whenever your mum feels like arguing, try to stay out of her hair. Play a computer game or rehearse for your next performance or something. Whenever something like that happens to me, I ring up the band and we go practice at Alex's place. (since he lives next door. :P)

Mad Poster
#42 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:20 AM
I used to wear skirt to school all year long...tights and stokings didn't help. I rememebr wearing 3(!) pairs to keep myself somewhat warm...It wasn't snowing in Cyprus( thank lord to that) but if we were blessed with rains, they'd be long up to whole day and more) and freaking cold...

My vent: I feel so sore and sick. If i eat and get full I feel like I'm about to throw up. I gained weight and I just feel like crap. I thin my periods are about to start soon....Hate them >_>
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:00 AM
I would play a computer game, but then I'm in trouble for being on the computer, and then if I try and do homework, I'm told to get off my butt and start helping around the house. Even though it might sound mean, I'm glad my mother isn't at home very often. She has to work long hours, so mainly I'm home alone, sometimes with my brother.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:26 AM
Yeah, I get told the same thing too. I know it sucks, I guess we will just have to hang in there. I got yelled at just then for doing my homework. I'm sorry, Sophie. I really wish there was something else I could say that might help.

Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:38 AM
Now my parents are fighting...ho hum. I suppose I'm used to it by now. It's just another pointless fight...
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:54 AM
Mmm. I've never experienced that. I'm so sorry, Sophie.

I have a vent now: Due to my procrastination, I have two hours left to do my assignment. Shit. Honestly.

Forum Resident
#47 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:57 PM
I get treated like a typical girl at work - everyone leaves out their plates and bowls from lunch for me to wash up, just because I make the coffee. It's not difficult to just wipe and rinse a bowl is it? But they just leave it on the side so it dries and it's harder for me to get off... but it's ok because it's my kitchen and I have to keep it tidy...
Mad Poster
#48 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 2:58 PM
Ugh, I had to stay home from school today because I have cramps. I'm not missing much, but it still makes me mad, especially since I'm not even on my period. Can ovulating cause cramps?

Scholar
#49 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Ugh, I had to stay home from school today because I have cramps. I'm not missing much, but it still makes me mad, especially since I'm not even on my period. Can ovulating cause cramps?

OMG yes! It's called mittelschmerz and I've had it for years. Mine is much more painful than my period cramps, when I first got it I thought it was appendicitis
Scholar
#50 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:55 PM
Oh, yup, ovulation can cause pain. And it sucks when it does that!
Aww! Romyhorse, it must have been really bad for you to think it was appendicitis!

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies

Page 2 of 123