Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Debug Console Command Enabler (Updated July 6th, 2009)

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM by Srikandi

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 260 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Test Subject
#126 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:05 AM
Thanks so much Rick you rock! WOOT! *Does Happy Snoopy Dance!*
Test Subject
#127 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:06 AM Last edited by chris443992 : 7th Jul 2009 at 9:19 AM.
To anyone having trouble installing this mod,
Step one: Download and extract these files to sims3\mods\packages folder
Step two: go here
"http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Installing_Package_Files#Step_2_-_Get_Resource.cfg" and click "Download a Resource.cfg file from MTS" to get the cfg file.
Step three: place the cfg file in the root directory and play.

Im surprised no one has really mentioned this method to the people it isn't working for...
Test Subject
#128 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:55 AM
the new on isnt working for me..
Test Subject
#129 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:49 PM Last edited by dnutz : 7th Jul 2009 at 3:04 PM.
its not working for me either... i've followed the instructions.. it still go back to desktop while loading

Ok my bad... i deleted the cache files.. and now its working..
Test Subject
#130 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:44 AM
^ it is still not working for me.. i deleted the cache files.. still go back to desktop..
Test Subject
#131 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
try start the game again ejack681. the 1st time when i just deleted the cache file..and start the game.. it when back to desktop.. but on my second start of the game.. it was ok
Test Subject
#132 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:02 AM
Not sure if someone already asked about this, but, I just now got this working, but the quick commands or whatever don't work. I can't get the lifetimehappiness one to work, and I've tried everything I can think of. =[ Someone save me!
Test Subject
#133 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:31 AM
yup, i tried to start the game the 2nd time around, but still goes back to the desktop, then i deleted the this file it works.. so i dont know whats wrong with it.. i deleted the cache files already and added the file back again.. but same problem..
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:58 AM
I've got same problem.

starts to load and just goes back to desk top.

deleted cache and followed instructions.. but still no go
Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:07 PM
same as ejack681... delete the package file and it loads fine. put the package file back in... and wham! back to desktop. too bad, I'd love to have lifetimehappiness to work...

Test Subject
#136 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chris443992
To anyone having trouble installing this mod,
Step one:
Step two:
Im surprised no one has really mentioned this method to the people it isn't working for...

well, tried it even though I already had the Resource.cfg file.. and still no go.

Test Subject
#137 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:04 PM
thank u!
Test Subject
#138 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for this.
whenever you add a new package you must clear out all your caches before you load the game or it will crash (sometimes).
Test Subject
#139 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM
I don't know, but maybe it conflicts with the Awesome Mod? Because you need the Resource.cfg also for the Awesome Mod..?
Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wkndplaya
Thanks for this.
whenever you add a new package you must clear out all your caches before you load the game or it will crash (sometimes).

yep.. deleted cache.

still no go.

not understanding why it keeps crashin'
Test Subject
#141 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:43 AM Last edited by Macster42 : 12th Jul 2009 at 4:16 AM.
For all those who are having a hard time with this, here are a few steps to concider:

1. Make sure there is a resource.cfg installed at the (Windows XP) \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory(folders) (Vista and above - \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3). If you don't have this file, you can download it from here.

2. On Windows Vista X or Windows 7 X (X being any flavor such as home premium edition, Ultimate, etc., etc.); you will need d3dx9_31.dll installed in \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin directory(folders). On Windows XP - \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin you will need to install Rick's file here. This file is used to allow core mods to work with the game. If you don't have this file, you can download it from here (which happens to be Rick's variation).

3. You will need to create these folders if they are not already present in your "The Sims 3" directory(folder), \Mods\Packages. In this folder, install debugenabler_1.2.7.package. If you do not have this file, you can download it from here and click on the "DOWNLOAD" tab.

For those of you who already have these installed and you are still experiencing problems, here are some things to keep in mind. There are two different types of mods; XML script mods (for skins, clothing, etc. etc.) and core mods(these do things to the game like advance in skills quickly, provide more lifetime reward points, etc. etc.). Core mods are mods used to directly access your core files to the Sims 3 game (hince the name - which is also the reason why these mods failed when the upgrade 1.2.7 came out). Core mods are like the Awesome mod, Klanly's debugenabler mod, and Rick's debugenabler mod to name a few. These (listed and possibly others) will conflict with each other, if used at the same time. So you can only use ONE (of the ones listed) at a time. Also on the scripting mods, you can have as many of these as you desire and you can mix these with a core mod of your choosing.

I hope this helps. Happy Gaming!!! :D

PS. I forgot to mention the cache files (oopsy), in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 there are Xcache.package (where X is the name of the cache) files. Some core mods require you to delete these files, they are merely just for your back up files should something go wrong in the game. By deleting these file you are causing the game to create new ones with settings that are required by the current mod being used. Some of the core mods listed require this to be done, while others do not. It is helpfull to do a little research into whether the core mod you wish to use requires this. I do know that Awesome mod and Klanly's debugenabler require this to be done. However I am not so sure about Rick's debugenabler (or others) as I was able to get (just) Rick's debugenabler mod working on both XP and Windows 7 machines without having to do this. I am not sure about anyone elses machines or other mods. Good luck.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Installer's Choice.rar (27.2 KB, 77 downloads)
Description: This has resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll included.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#142 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:32 PM
Actually you will need my d3dx9_10.dll on Windows XP.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 9:33 PM
I noticed that the updated version still crashes my game and I ran the compatibility utility, and it says it is not compatible with the teen pregnancy mod. Is there anyway to fix this?

RIP Liono my sweet kitty. You will be forever missed.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#144 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
It's a hack on Sims3GameplaySystems.dll; if the teen pregnancy mod also modifies that then they are incompatible, no way around it unless someone hacks the teen pregnancy mod to include the change that this mod does.
Test Subject
#145 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:19 AM Last edited by Macster42 : 11th Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
Actually you will need my d3dx9_10.dll on Windows XP.

Thanks Rick, I did not know this. Will include it in the above message.

Edit: Um, unable to find this file. I have tryed searching this site and simlogical site, but unable to find. Is it by chance included in another .rar or .zip that I am not aware of?

I was also wondering what these files do (d3dx9_10.dll and d3dx9_32.dll)?
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#146 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macster42
Thanks Rick, I did not know this. Will include it in the above message.

Edit: Um, unable to find this file. I have tryed searching this site and simlogical site, but unable to find. Is it by chance included in another .rar or .zip that I am not aware of?

I was also wondering what these files do (d3dx9_10.dll and d3dx9_32.dll)?
Sorry, I meant d3dx9_31.dll, not d3dx9_10.dll. My d3dx9_31.dll (not to be confused with the real d3dx9_31.dll) is a DLL that wraps the real one, to enable things such as core mods to work (more specifically: disables assembly validation).
Test Subject
#147 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:15 PM
Ty. it works. I am syked because now I have spawn and babyboom back.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:30 PM
works great, now if i could just exit the program when im NOT playing the game
Test Subject
#149 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:28 AM
this mod i got downloaded fine and worked well until i installed the new sims 3 update from the launcher. my game shut down at the loading screen every time until i removed this mod. is there any updates for this since now i cant use lifetimehappiness again?
Test Subject
#150 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:06 AM Last edited by Macster42 : 10th Sep 2009 at 9:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by P_chan
this mod i got downloaded fine and worked well until i installed the new sims 3 update from the launcher. my game shut down at the loading screen every time until i removed this mod. is there any updates for this since now i cant use lifetimehappiness again?

If you are refering to the 1.2.7 UPGRADE to the Sims 3 game. You will need to refer to my message post # 141. This explains in great detail what must be done.
Page 6 of 11