Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#126 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Oct 2015 at 4:36 AM.
@ joandsarah 77 I "love your Bank", there is a creator on here at the MTS that have a Bank lot for download in their notes they said everything is "functional." http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=221148

Well here is some pictures of my "Ice Cream Parlor"

I can never get my picture big and forgot how to use Paint since I have a different OS ( window 7 ) also I always use the "Post Card Racks" by Marylou & Numenor because on a community lot the townies and the Sims.
Will keep the cashier ringing up ( fake ) sells on the register it look like the place is busy with sells, it will show them given money to the cashier and they have a shopping bag, then everything goes away. It make a community lot look busy and even more functional.

So please click on picture for a larger view.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ joandsarah 77 I "love your Bank", there is a creator on here at the MTS that have a Bank lot for download in their notes they said everything is "functional." http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=221148

Well here is some pictures of my "Ice Cream Parlor"

I can never get my picture big and forgot how to use Paint since I have a different OS ( window 7 ) also I always use the "Post Card Racks" by Marylou & Numenor because on a community lot the townies and the Sims.
Will keep the cashier ringing up ( fake ) sells on the register it look like the place is busy with sells, it will show them given money to the cashier and they have a shopping bag, then everything goes away. It make a community lot look busy and even more functional.

So please click on picture for a larger view.

simonut this is flipping adorable you should consider putting this up for download.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:49 AM
That bank download is using the PCsims bank items. I tried them back in my old hood. The one stand makes a lot of money and sims just want to buy those blue bank books like crazy, it needs the auto coding to be lowered. I haven't tried the shopping bag.

Cute ice-cream shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#129 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:53 AM
@Simonut
I love your Ice Cream Parlor.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes everyone, can you include at least the site, or file name or links when you explain about your business and also a brief bit about how the cc is used? That was one of the reasons I started this thread, so that others could go and create one with the cc others are using.

Do you have links for the items shown in the first picture (especially the sculptures?) and the third picture, please? Thanks in advance.

@joandsarah77
Cute little bank.
Is your banker allowed to use the money perks?

This post reminds me of the businesses I want to set in my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:35 PM
I think the links for the ice cream sculptures would be in Simonut's WCIF post here: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=564936

@Essa I do allow my banker to use the money perks. They paid off their loan and bought some of the more expensive items like the certificate and gold for the bank.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#131 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:41 PM
@ Essa Thank you I am happy you like my Ice Cream Parlor, the sculptures link is shown in Post #130 just go there and scroll down it is where I first posted about an ice cream shop in WCIF.
The third picture items the counter is a re-color of the original "Retail Sims" Ice cream shop the recolor is right here on MTS http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=199449

Retail Sims link for the ice cream shop is http://www.retailsims.com/OFB_Shops...Shop/ICShop.htm you will need all items there to have a perfect ice cream shop, then add your recolors.
The Maxis "Decra Chill Display" is from the wonderful creator Michelle right here on MTS http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=564149

My next business will be a "Bakery" I am already in the process of finding things,
@ joandsarah77 Please no more Ideas ( lmao ) after seeing your "Bank" now I am thinking of having one

@ A. G.Doren I have not uploaded any lots in years all of my lot here on the MTS have no customs in it. This Ice Cream Shop have plenty of customs, I would have to go down the line to name every creators to give credit to.
Not sure maybe I will. Thanks I am happy you love it.

Scholar
#132 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:04 PM

@ A. G.Doren I have not uploaded any lots in years all of my lot here on the MTS have no customs in it. This Ice Cream Shop have plenty of customs, I would have to go down the line to name every creators to give credit to.
Not sure maybe I will. Thanks I am happy you love it.

You could always upload to a tumblr or lj or something. Or you could just be a kind, wonderful, person pack it up and send it to me.

seriously though it looks great and I get the feeling that a lot of people would love to have a parlor like that in their game.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:26 PM
@A.G.Doren The Ice-Cream shop is just a simple L shaped building on a foundation, you could build that easily yourself.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#134 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:33 PM
@A.G.Doren The Ice-Cream shop is just a simple L shaped building on a foundation, you could build that easily yourself.

then i'd have to decorate it and find the necessary CC. i'm so lazy.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:37 PM
if I hadn't just replied to your Download thread I would let that slip, but since I know you are organizing your cc I shall waggle my finger. Don't ya know it's much better to download the cc from the link and place each one into a nice shiny folder. Or at least tip it all into an 'IceCream_parlor" folder. (notice no special characters which I am sure you are doing) I avoid downloading lots with cc because Clean Installer while I love it does not keep all the names, especially walls and floors. I have to install one wall or one floor at a time, then go into my Download folder, rename the file and drag it into it's folder.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#136 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:44 PM
@ Essa Thank you I am happy you like my Ice Cream Parlor, the sculptures link is shown in Post #130 just go there and scroll down it is where I first posted about an ice cream shop in WCIF.
The third picture items the counter is a re-color of the original "Retail Sims" Ice cream shop the recolor is right here on MTS http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=199449

Thanks for the links Simonut.

@ joandsarah77 Please no more Ideas ( lmao ) after seeing your "Bank" now I am thinking of having one

I second you on that one. I just set up my fire station which is fun to play. I still need to make some adjustments since I already have a sim who sells fire alarms.
Scholar
#137 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:56 PM
if I hadn't just replied to your Download thread I would let that slip, but since I know you are organizing your cc I shall waggle my finger. Don't ya know it's much better to download the cc from the link and place each one into a nice shiny folder. Or at least tip it all into an 'IceCream_parlor" folder. (notice no special characters which I am sure you are doing) I avoid downloading lots with cc because Clean Installer while I love it does not keep all the names, especially walls and floors. I have to install one wall or one floor at a time, then go into my Download folder, rename the file and drag it into it's folder.

i needed that finger waggle, decorated lots are my weakness. i'm almost certain that's what pushed me over the edge. i need to come up with a plan for them.

this is still just a generally awesome thread. i've been enjoying looking at everyone's businesses. when i get my CC situation sorted out i'm thinking of doing a spa/gym/juice bar combo. I've got a popularity sim who is really into gardening and fitness and that seemed like a good combo for her. I'm debating about adding a restaurant and letting her father work as the chef.

just not sure how I would charge for the juice bar since it would be juice blends from her organic garden.

edit> how do you play a fire station?

Theorist
#138 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:34 PM
ATM my firefighter sells fire alarms and holiday stuff (fireworks and the like). Customers are more interested in the fire alarms though so I may remove those.
I think I'll add fire trucks (toys) later and maybe get sims there to learn fire prevention.

In my wildest dreams I'll make the NPC firefighter looks like my playable one but unfortunately he's a she.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:40 PM
I know how dangerous fully decorated with cc lots are! That's part of why my old folder has 20gigs of at least half unsorted content.

My fire station is back over the page. I use a residential lot that my firefighter and family live on. Since it's a new small hood I only have him right now, but later when I have moved them to a larger station I will have more fire fighters. It's easy using the meeting controller to have different fire fighters on call. So in a larger fire station you might have Joe and Sally on call for Mon, Wed, Fri-Sun and Bob and Jean on call Tue-Thu-Sat. My one firefighter right now is in a custom career and has a derivable firetruck. Later when I get a new recruit I plan to use sim surgery so my NPC looks like my recruit. Can't do that yet as my lone firefighter is male and the NPC generated is female.
Just adding my fire station is also a home bushiness and they sell smoke alarms, toy fire trucks and books. One is by my fire fighter aimed at adult home fire safety and one on fire safety for children by his wife. I use the sellable novel mod.

A juice bar is a good idea if you have all the juice mods in place. I always charge cheap or average for new business and would not go higher than expensive.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#140 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Simonut : 5th Oct 2015 at 1:00 AM.

I agree the building is a simple L shape I always try to do simple shape building in Pleasantview.
Whatever new building I may add in Pleasantview it will always be different in my "custom hood" I only play two neighborhood in my game now.

In my "custom" neighborhood because it is an all Asian neighborhood I had to figure out how to build and give it an Asian design because I do not have BV in my game.
Therefore my construction of building is a lot more difficult and take more time with design, that why it took me 6 months or more to just build the homes and community centers In my custom,
my ice cream parlor is very different there, in my custom hood than this one in the picture.

@A.G.Doren Don't be lazy ( lol ) it is really much more fun when you try to build your own building, also the members are so "helpful" here on MTS someone is always willing to help you find the items you need to build.

Note: Shameful I can't remember the last time I build anything without "customs" or re-colors, I think it's been since the last time I uploaded anything here on MTS without customs.
Gee what would we all do without those customs and let not even think about not having our mods. That one reason why Sims 2 for careers and businesses and much more is still a great game.

Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 9:50 AM
That bank download is using the PCsims bank items. I tried them back in my old hood. The one stand makes a lot of money and sims just want to buy those blue bank books like crazy, it needs the auto coding to be lowered. I haven't tried the shopping bag.

Cute ice-cream shop.

PC sims doesn't rxist anymore and I can't get to the graveyard. Any other way how to get the bank items?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:21 AM
Why can't you get to the graveyard? Jessa uploaded all of her pcsims items, a couple not even on the graveyard. Trouble is finding her video that she posted the link on. It was her second sims 2 series and last November. Here's Jessa's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv...DulC5lezqd9n8uA

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#143 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 11:09 AM
Graveyard was down for a while yesterday, up and working now though.
Top Secret Researcher
#144 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 1:49 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 5th Oct 2015 at 2:05 PM.
Why can't you get to the graveyard? Jessa uploaded all of her pcsims items, a couple not even on the graveyard. Trouble is finding her video that she posted the link on. It was her second sims 2 series and last November. Here's Jessa's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv...DulC5lezqd9n8uA

Thanks. I looked at it, but in the end I found it on the graveyard.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#145 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 2:05 PM
The pc sims functional bank is on the Graveyard. Here's the link: http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php...ness-type-stuff, or go to the sims 2 graveyard, look for pc sims. It's under business type stuff.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
#146 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 2:52 PM
I finally got the instructions to that working bank and all it's objects. I think it's included in the file that Jessa provided. There's a lot of hacked objects like chairs that give energy, and some of the items are stealable dependent on skills or moods. I thought the operators tills were too attractive to sims, but maybe according to the instructions, they aint actually buying bankbooks, but all them sims are there checking their bank balance.

I'm still reading, it's pretty involved, it's actually a mni expansion (kathy_76 calls it) and english wasn't her first language.
Theorist
#147 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 7:08 PM
I know how dangerous fully decorated with cc lots are! That's part of why my old folder has 20gigs of at least half unsorted content.

I don't really like fully decorated lots because even if my sims are richer than Jo's ones, they're not rich enough. I'd rather start small but I'm lazy when it comes to building. It means less time for playing. I love the game.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 1:23 AM
Hey Simonut, I have a question. I'd planned to run an ice cream parlor with that same Exnem Sims machine. I know when it's on an unowned lot, the visiting sim has to pay to fill up the thing him or herself. How does it work when a sim owns it? I'd love to run it as a bandatron business, so could you give me any advice?

I love everyone's businesses! Simonut, I love your ice cream place, especially the bright colors! I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need those two sundae sculptures for my game, since I only have the one ice cream parlor so far.... I like your laundromat too (name included!), and I agree that the color blue is appropriate for a place that gets things clean. :-)

Jo, your greengrocers is adorable! It looks like such a happy place! I think I'll have to borrow your bank's architecture floorplan for the smaller banks in my game. I never know how to make them look! And I'm pretty sure I have the same lighthouse restaurant in my game too (and the same post office!). It's so cute, and I love your idea to put the lighthouse actually in (kind of) the restaurant! I wish so much sims could have things like your story hour in your library! IIRC the bigger toy store in Bluewater Village looks like it's set up for one. I think I'm going to try your cafe idea (having it as a place to buy meals part of the time, and a place to sit and have cakes the other time) in my own game. And thanks for the link to the all-in-one bathroom- I get frustrated when there's not enough room for sims to wash their hands after they use the toilet!!

Thanks for all the info about the mods you use, especially with PC Sims' mods that don't have any instructions with them!!

Essa, I love your farm!! It's so picturesque and beautiful! And Smustle et Cie is really sharp-looking!

Ksantipasim, thanks for sharing that pickpocket idea! I'll try that the next time I play one of my crime families.

I have a prison too- it was a community lot but I changed it to residential and added living quarters for the warden upstairs. One of my playables was convicted (using PC Sims' courtroom) of beating up another sim in public, so he has to spend three days in prison. I got overwhelmed with that neighborhood- there was so much that I needed to do- so I quit playing it for a while.

The school in my BACC 'hood only has four kids in it right now. I've got that kids' pottery wheel, and each kid made their own plate. Once my principal was home, I teleported all the kids in so I could put their plates in their inventories, so they can take it home. It's a little thing, but I love it. :-)

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#149 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Simonut : 9th Oct 2015 at 9:14 PM.
[QUOTE=Macaroodle]Hey Simonut, I have a question. I'd planned to run an ice cream parlor with that same Exnem Sims machine. I know when it's on an unowned lot, the visiting sim has to pay to fill up the thing him or herself. How does it work when a sim owns it? I'd love to run it as a bandatron business, so could you give me any advice?

I love everyone's businesses! Simonut, I love your ice cream place, especially the bright colors! I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need those two sundae sculptures for my game, since I only have the one ice cream parlor so far.... I like your laundromat too (name included!), and I agree that the color blue is appropriate for a place that gets things clean. :-)

@ Macaroodle Thank you, that make me happy to know someone else like my Ice Cream Parlor and Laundromat, to answer your question my ice cream parlor is "not' private owned.
I use it on a "community"lot the Sims that you are controlling and sent to the parlor don't have to pay anything to turn the Ice Cream Machine on it work just like the "Whatay Buffet" table in the game,
Just direct the Sims to go to the Ice Cream Machine it will offer two options "serve and grab " at once the Ice cream machine cones at the top will fill up with three different favors.

After that any Sims and townies can go and grab any favor of ice cream they want and as many time as they want they do this with their own "Free Will."
Now in my game because it's a community lot and the Sims are eating ice cream "free of charge" I use an objects and place it there it is a Post Card Rack
that can stand on the floor or wall or a small table, it will change form to fit, wherever you place.

The "Real" reason I use it is because the Sims & Townies "free Will" are attractive to the Post Card rack they will "buy cards" and go directly to the Sims at the cash register to buy the cards and give cash holding a shopping bag.
So this make the Ice cream parlor look very busy with sales being ring up all the time, which make it seem like the Sims are paying for their time spend there and is paying for ice cream and cards
they will continue to eat ice cream and buy cards.

I think it is perfect on "any community" ( I don't use it in restaurant lot ) it good for other community lots if you want to give the impression that Sims are paying,
this object was Creator by two of the best creators here on MTS name Mary Lou and Numenor if you are interest in this objects here the link.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=258713 Be sure to read the notes there.

Theorist
#150 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
Essa, I love your farm!! It's so picturesque and beautiful! And Smustle et Cie is really sharp-looking!

Thank you for your nice words, Macaroodle.
Page 6 of 18