Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Version 0.6.0 FINALLY uploaded, with LRLE support and several resources updated.
Huge thank you Cmar!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 24th May 2021 at 10:55 PM
hi, i can't preview any files. this shows on the side: https://i.gyazo.com/eef7e9070ed1005...ff8cfb4986e.png and when i try to export, it says "s4pe error reading resource".
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#203 Old 25th May 2021 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beelzebul
hi, i can't preview any files. this shows on the side: https://i.gyazo.com/eef7e9070ed1005...ff8cfb4986e.png and when i try to export, it says "s4pe error reading resource".

Extract the files with 7-Zip. You can also try adding the s4pe folder to exceptions in your antivirus.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:59 PM
Hello Cmar! First of all, this tool is amaazing, thank you so much for making it; I use it a lot!

Secondly, would it be possible sometime to add the ability to copy the data grid/sound events and censors from one clip animation to another (perhaps by right-clicking a clip and seeing the option right under the Copy Resource Key option, and then also have a Paste To option for choosing a target clip animation)? This would save me tons of time! Whether it's possible or you're even interested or not, I appreciate you reading and it's no rush or pressure to do it. Thanks again for S4PE!

Hi guys! I'm Etheria and I make mods, most notably Etheria's Romance Overhaul (ERO). Check out more info here!
http://etheriamods.com/
https://www.patreon.com/etheria
https://discord.gg/E89nFDv
https://twitter.com/EtheriaMods
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#205 Old 25th May 2021 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Etheria
Hello Cmar! First of all, this tool is amaazing, thank you so much for making it; I use it a lot!

Secondly, would it be possible sometime to add the ability to copy the data grid/sound events and censors from one clip animation to another (perhaps by right-clicking a clip and seeing the option right under the Copy Resource Key option, and then also have a Paste To option for choosing a target clip animation)? This would save me tons of time! Whether it's possible or you're even interested or not, I appreciate you reading and it's no rush or pressure to do it. Thanks again for S4PE!

Thank you!

I'm sorry, but the kind of modification you're describing isn't the function of s4pe, which is meant to display and allow creation and modification of single resources. It's a package explorer and editor, not a modding tool outside of what can be done by modifying single resources.

What you want is an animation tool. Does Sims 4 Studio not do this? If you could explain in more detail what you want to do, I'll consider making a simple standalone tool.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#206 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:51 PM
Hello Ms. Byte! I just started using s4pe and everything was going well, until it stopped working entirely. I had to close out of the program to do something else, and now it won't finish launching for some reason! I downloaded this new release because I was using an older version, but uninstalling the old version and running this program, and also restarting my computer, does not fix it. S4pe will "start" and show the "initializing" box, sometimes one or two of the other loading boxes, close those boxes, and then not... Finish launching. I checked to make sure it wasn't running in the tray or something weird like that, checked my task manager, but I found nothing. I'm sure this is an isolated event with me since I haven't seen anyone else posting about it, but I really need to be able to fix it! To clarify, it was running perfectly fine yesterday morning, no crashes, loading quickly, I even had two s4pe windows open at once to compare information for two packages. But then I closed out of the windows, and now the program refuses to finish booting. I'm not sure where to find a crash log or anything, or I would send that along with this post. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this! It might not even be an s4pe issue, it might be me. Absolutely nothing changed between the time I had it running perfectly and when it didn't want to launch at all (files still in the same location etc.). Thank you for any help you can give me!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#207 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eldaYualien
Hello Ms. Byte! I just started using s4pe and everything was going well, until it stopped working entirely. I had to close out of the program to do something else, and now it won't finish launching for some reason! I downloaded this new release because I was using an older version, but uninstalling the old version and running this program, and also restarting my computer, does not fix it. S4pe will "start" and show the "initializing" box, sometimes one or two of the other loading boxes, close those boxes, and then not... Finish launching. I checked to make sure it wasn't running in the tray or something weird like that, checked my task manager, but I found nothing. I'm sure this is an isolated event with me since I haven't seen anyone else posting about it, but I really need to be able to fix it! To clarify, it was running perfectly fine yesterday morning, no crashes, loading quickly, I even had two s4pe windows open at once to compare information for two packages. But then I closed out of the windows, and now the program refuses to finish booting. I'm not sure where to find a crash log or anything, or I would send that along with this post. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this! It might not even be an s4pe issue, it might be me. Absolutely nothing changed between the time I had it running perfectly and when it didn't want to launch at all (files still in the same location etc.). Thank you for any help you can give me!!

I know that feeling of "Why the *&@#% doesn't this work?" You can try making the s4pe folder an exception in your anti-virus, and running it as Administrator. You can also use Event Viewer to examine the system logs as you mentioned - there should be errors in the application log and maybe elsewhere: https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...-in-windows-10/

Test Subject
#208 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:30 AM
Edit STBL
Hello! I have a problem with S4PE to translate STBL lines. I don't have the "EDIT STBL" function. I have unzipped S4PE with 7zip and tried several versions but the function does not appear . Do you know how I can solve the problem? Thanks
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#209 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shael
Hello! I have a problem with S4PE to translate STBL lines. I don't have the "EDIT STBL" function. I have unzipped S4PE with 7zip and tried several versions but the function does not appear . Do you know how I can solve the problem? Thanks

You're looking in the wrong place. Click the Grid button on the bottom.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#210 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 2:16 PM
You're looking in the wrong place. Click the Grid button on the bottom.

Thank you for your answer. I know that it is possible to translate by clicking on the "Grid" button but I find it less convenient to translate. Last week I still had the "Edit STBL" option (as in the attached picture). I updated S4PE and since then I don't see the option anymore. That's why I'm surprised. I tested the old versions and I can't find it either. If anyone knows...
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#211 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shael
Thank you for your answer. I know that it is possible to translate by clicking on the "Grid" button but I find it less convenient to translate. Last week I still had the "Edit STBL" option (as in the attached picture). I updated S4PE and since then I don't see the option anymore. That's why I'm surprised. I tested the old versions and I can't find it either. If anyone knows...

Okay, I see it now in old versions of s4pe. Apparently it was removed, along with some other functions that look like they were inherited from S3PE and are probably no longer useful, sometime between v0.4.1 and v0.4.5, before I took over. s4pe needs an update anyway so I'll see if I can put it back.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Test Subject
#212 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 4:10 PM
Okay, I see it now in old versions of s4pe. Apparently it was removed, along with some other functions that look like they were inherited from S3PE and are probably no longer useful, sometime between v0.4.1 and v0.4.5, before I took over. s4pe needs an update anyway so I'll see if I can put it back.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Oh, yeah!
Thank you for the information about the versions that offer it.
If you can put it back it would be really great! It is used by many translators. I hope you will manage to reinstate it in the next version, I cross my fingers. And thanks a lot !
Test Subject
#213 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 1:09 PM
Hi, I must be a complete idiot or something because when I download the file it just shows me the files not a program. I've tried using 7-zip and it still just shows files..? I'm a complete noob when it comes to Mods & computers so can someone explain like I'm 5 please? I just wanted Thumbnails for my Legacy T_T
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#214 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UVthe1st
Hi, I must be a complete idiot or something because when I download the file it just shows me the files not a program. I've tried using 7-zip and it still just shows files..? I'm a complete noob when it comes to Mods & computers so can someone explain like I'm 5 please? I just wanted Thumbnails for my Legacy T_T

This is not an installable program. Unzip the folder of files and double-click s4pe.exe to run it.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#215 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:19 AM
Hi question, I am using the s4pe and i am trying to export as a dds or png but its only letting me export as a exported file. Do you know what I am doing wrong or perhaps what setting I need to change?
Test Subject
#216 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MooMoosy
Hi question, I am using the s4pe and i am trying to export as a dds or png but its only letting me export as a exported file. Do you know what I am doing wrong or perhaps what setting I need to change?

I am so sorry i bothered you. i figured it out. i am just dumb. lol.
Scholar
#217 Old 7th May 2022 at 8:23 PM
Version 0.6.0 FINALLY uploaded, with LRLE support and several resources updated. This is 64-bit only, but I can make a 32-bit compatible version if needed.

On my list to work on:

- Update the CLIP resource
- Improve DATA and JAZZ to decode the blobs it displays now
- Do something about KDTR (and others) throwing an error when the resource is empty
- Export an OBJ for MLOD and I think MODL
- Get rid of the &%&^*% update error message

Have I forgotten or omitted anything?

What is the file s4pi.Library.7z used for?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#218 Old 7th May 2022 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
What is the file s4pi.Library.7z used for?

Those DLLs are compiled for AnyCPU, so they can be used by projects compiled as AnyCPU or 32-bit.

Test Subject
#219 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:35 PM
Default Inconsistency in using S4PE
Why would some files have an Error Reading Resource using S4PE while others do not?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#220 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisamba
Why would some files have an Error Reading Resource using S4PE while others do not?

That can happen if the resource is a version s4pe doesn't support while other resources of the same type are a different version.

Test Subject
#221 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 8:41 PM
Hi yea so I used to be able to export image to PNG, however the option no longer exists. Is there a plugin or newer version that I need in order to get that feature back?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#222 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AedanStarfang
Hi yea so I used to be able to export image to PNG, however the option no longer exists. Is there a plugin or newer version that I need in order to get that feature back?

What kind of resource are you trying to export a PNG from?

Test Subject
#223 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 6:41 AM
What kind of resource are you trying to export a PNG from?

They're tagged under 'THUM'; it's the profile/headshots the individual sims use to display emotions.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#224 Old 31st Mar 2023 at 12:47 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st Mar 2023 at 3:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AedanStarfang
They're tagged under 'THUM'; it's the profile/headshots the individual sims use to display emotions.

There are multiple THUM resources so I need the type ID.

Test Subject
#225 Old 2nd Apr 2023 at 10:46 AM
There are multiple THUM resources so I need the type ID.

THUM 0x16CCF748
Page 9 of 10