Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Painted Painting Frames Made Castable!

by mikey Posted 17th May 2013 at 2:40 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM by mikey

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 19th May 2013 at 11:03 PM
Thank you so very much...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 21st May 2013 at 10:50 AM
This is going to be a top item! thank you very much! you are awesome!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 22nd May 2013 at 1:54 AM
Ooo I like how some of the striped patterns work that's a really nice touch! Well done, and thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 26th May 2013 at 6:22 PM
Thank you so much for this! Been wanting this for so long! Awesome! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 9:16 AM
I've been wanting to be able to change the frames for so long - that bright yellow was just horrific! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:46 PM
How excellent, thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 9:10 PM
These are brilliant and I have been loving them in my game but I will point out one issue I have come across. If a Sim moves home with paintings in their inventory that have CASted frames when they hang them in their new home the frames revert back to the default yellow.
I doubt anything can be done about this but thought it should be noted.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#33 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 2:08 AM
I want to change the default preset to one of the wood patterns, and keep that as the default. I think I need to change one of the tgi refs in one or more of the txtc resources in the package, but which one(s)?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 9:50 PM
lenglel, I tried using Inge's Texture Tweaker tool but it complained that the packages were not set up correctly. It let me change the default pattern to wood only for the meduim frame but in game it had no actual effect on the frame, only on the pattern that appears in the CASt panel.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:17 AM
I just wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for this. I have avoided using sim painted artwork since the game came out because frameless pictures look silly (to me) and the default EA frames lack of customizing also look poor. I just found this and am so grateful, you can't even imagine, so thank you very much for sharing with us.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:09 AM
This is AWESOME!!! Thank you! I hate those black frames :/
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#37 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 5:04 PM
Regarding the YELLOW preset. We [read: mostly Mikey] fought practically weeks with the default preset issue, and I do think he's still working on it. So give the man some rest. You got CASTable frames anyways, and that's tons better than what you had before!

If you are willing to fiddle with the files to find a solution, do so, and please post your findings if you do find a fix. But posting about how it's not working to make the default to something else is not helping a bit

The notice about moving the paintings causing the CAST to revert to default was a good one, thanks. You can always save presets you really like, so you don't need to redo the CASTing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 4:41 PM
I'm going to jump in the bandwagon and throw all of my 'thanks' as well as plenty of imaginary good vibes cookies your way. Heheh. This is perfect for my artist sim's gallery. It might have been a 'simple' mod, but it is much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 4:18 PM
I loved having my sims' art on the wall but I always had to leave them unframed, which looked a bit unfinished as well as unprofessional. Thank you so, so much for doing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:07 AM
love your work
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thank you very much...I've been waiting for a mod like this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 10:22 PM
this is something else! EA should have hired you instead of whomever made those plain black frames you can't recolor!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 2:50 AM
Awesome; I've been wanting this for a long time. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 5:06 PM
Does this work with paintings done on the Holographic Easel from ITF?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:34 PM
Thanks I can match the frames to my decor
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 1:13 AM
Is this working in patch 1.66?

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 2:04 AM
Being unable to recolour the wooden frames of a painting my sim did was something that always annoyed me. :/ I am so glad to find this mod! Yay! ^_^ Ty! I wonder...will this work for patch 1.67?

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:35 PM
This is one of those things people don't think about that really add to the game in ways immeasurable! Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:06 PM
Thank you! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 4:01 PM
genius!
Page 2 of 3