Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 11:23 AM
Default Sims 4 Klepto King Challenge
Hello Simmers
I made this challenge for sims 4 Most of the rules come from: http://modthesims.info/t/344616 (The Sims 3 Klepto King Challenge) This is my first time. Sorry for my english. Hope You enjoy it

Create a sim
- They can be any gender.
-They must wear all black for all of their ourfits, everything else is up to you
-Their traits MUST Mansion Baron ,Kleptomaniac,evil,materialistic.

MoveToHouse
- Purchase the house in oasis springs wich cost $13.064. It must be UNFURNISHED
-Buy the most expensive bed wich cost $12.000

Rules
-You are NOT allowed to buy ANYTHING from buy mode. EVER. Everything MUST be stolen from other people's houses. -You are NOT allowed a job. EVER.
-You can get food from parks or sims house where you go.
-You cannot sell the items you steal from other sims house
-You CAN steal stuff from community lots.
-You can steal just decorative objects and desk lambs when you start stealing.You must be in a higer level of mischief skill to steal other things. -Once you have stolen the most you can that day (3 items) You can steal from the same house but not the other day 2 or 3 days later.
- You can ONLY steal from the base-game houses.
- You can NEVER return any stolen goods.
- once you have stolen 1 object you have to wait 2 hours for steal another object, go back to your house. Your stolen items will be in the FAMILY INVENTORY, which is accessed through Buy Mode. You can steal just 3 objects .
-Also you can steal foods.

Main Goal: To see how much your house is worth by the time your sim reaches the ripe of age of 90.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:29 PM
I am having fun with this challenge. Thank you for posting it. I was going to upload some pictures, but I am having trouble with the uploader. My sim Bonnie Parker, great-great grand-daughter of the Bonne from "Bonnie and Clyde", is doing good. She met Johnny Zest and took him to the park. There she stole some candles, but was seen. They then went back to Johnny's place, where she stole one of his garden gnomes. The next day she and Johnny went to the Rattlesnake Bar where she stole and stack of crates and a decorative chicken. When Johnny left she went across the way to a picnic area and stole a plate of hamburgers.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th May 2016 at 4:44 PM
Just wondering if you can steal a toilet or a shower...
Maybe I give it a try!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
Just wondering if you can steal a toilet or a shower...
Maybe I give it a try!

so far I can't-stealing mostly chairs LOL
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quick question: How do I pay my bills, if I can't sale the stuff I steal? or is it just stuff from other houses I can't sell. Can I sell the stuff I steal from community lots?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:49 PM
I'd say: pick some plants, grab some frogs and sell them. Just as much as you need to pay the bill.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:08 PM
I'd say: pick some plants, grab some frogs and sell them. Just as much as you need to pay the bill.

Thanks that is what I will do. Have you started playing it yet. I am on to the second part of the mansion baron aspiration and have hit level 9 of my mischief skill. I went to one of the shops to see if I could steal anything there. I stole a plant and when i got home there was a knight statue in my inventory also. I guess when you get higher level your sims takes things without your help. :-). If your playing let me know how your doing.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th May 2016 at 4:16 PM
I haven't started so far, because I am busy with building a special house.
When I'm ready - or when I need a break - I surely will play the the klepto-challenge.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2016 at 3:53 PM
I have been playing this challenge for two days now and it is really interesting and funny!
But I think it needs some small changes.
It is hard to play without bathroom, even though my Sim Zorro Zampano (all dressed in black) can use it at the gym or so. He can't steal it! He should at least have a toilet at home.
Then I found out, that he can steal - among other things - chairs, couches, tablelamps, of course artwork... but no tables, desks, boards, floor- or wall lamps, no nightstand... which makes no sense in my opinion. Why can he steal chairs, but not tables?
He just stole a big computer... and can't put in anywhere in his house, because it has to be put on something.
And all his stolen artwork (he loves the museum, hehe...) stand on the floor, because he has nothing to put it on.
I was thinking of letting him use the workbench in one of his friends' home, to let him build a table, a toilet, a tub, but this lasts rather long, and he needs money for it.
Do you have any suggestions how to get a table without breaking the challenge?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th May 2016 at 4:57 PM
I have been playing this challenge for two days now and it is really interesting and funny!
But I think it needs some small changes.
It is hard to play without bathroom, even though my Sim Zorro Zampano (all dressed in black) can use it at the gym or so. He can't steal it! He should at least have a toilet at home.
Then I found out, that he can steal - among other things - chairs, couches, tablelamps, of course artwork... but no tables, desks, boards, floor- or wall lamps, no nightstand... which makes no sense in my opinion. Why can he steal chairs, but not tables?
He just stole a big computer... and can't put in anywhere in his house, because it has to be put on something.
And all his stolen artwork (he loves the museum, hehe...) stand on the floor, because he has nothing to put it on.
I was thinking of letting him use the workbench in one of his friends' home, to let him build a table, a toilet, a tub, but this lasts rather long, and he needs money for it.
Do you have any suggestions how to get a table without breaking the challenge?

I have the same problem in my game- the computer just sits in my inventory. My mischief skill is maxed and I still can't steal anything useful. I thought about the workbench also but wasn't sure if it would be cheating. As for food/bathroom- my sim and her daughter just go to the dad's house every morning/night all they do at home is store stuff. LOL I tried adding a picture of the house and stuff but I still would let me-says my file size is too large/but is just one little Jpeg. :-(
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th May 2016 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Candlelight : 16th May 2016 at 10:12 PM.
I found this
Quote:
- Money made can ONLY be spent on extending the house, ...
- Extending the house includes anything in Build Mode that CANNOT be stolen, e.g. driveways, swimming pools, windows, doors etc. ...

in the original-rules (Kleptoking Sims 3), and I think it makes sense!
Maybe in Sims 3 it was possible to steal all furniture you need.
The original rules also said, "5. You will see that your house is equipped with the essentials." I think that means that you had a toilet etc. from the start!
It is ok for me without a kitchen, because he can use grills or get food from the park, but he definitely needs some boards/counters/tables.
And since he can not steal it, it must be possible to buy it. Maybe only the cheapest, and he can get the money from harvesting, collecting and breeding frogs, and digging for metal/crystals.
Yes, I think I'll change this for me, otherwise it is not really possible to get along.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th May 2016 at 10:17 PM
I found this

in the original-rules (Kleptoking Sims 3), and I think it makes sense!
Maybe in Sims 3 it was possible to steal all furniture you need.
The original rules also said, "5. You will see that your house is equipped with the essentials." I think that means that you had a toilet etc. from the start!
It is ok for me without a kitchen, because he can use grills or get food from the park, but he definitely needs some boards/counters/tables.
And since he can not steal it, it must be possible to buy it. Maybe only the cheapest, and he can get the money from harvesting, collecting and breeding frogs, and digging for metal/crystals.
Yes, I think I'll change this for me, otherwise it is not really possible to get along.

that does make sense. I think I will stick it out for awhile I am half way to being done and if she is still young enough when complete I am planning on moving her in with her baby daddy and finally giving her a "nice house" not just a pile of stolen goods. Good luck and let me know if you finish the challenge.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th May 2016 at 10:46 PM
My Klepto-King is four days away from his birthday, when he will be an adult. His house now is worth something over 34.000 S.
And he's a daddy as well, because during a wild party at the cliffs he did some "wild things" with the richest girl in town, right into the bushes with her.
A few days later he got a call, that she had given birth to a beautiful daughter.
He has not seen the baby up to now, but will visit her soon.
Life is not easy without a toilet at home... and all that stuff standing around.
But it is more easy for him than for your Sim, because I did not give him the evil trait (I use a mod that disables it, I really hate that trait, and the children-hater as well), I made him a snob.
So he still has friends and can visit them. The first reward I gave him was "always welcome", so he can feel at home at every house.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th May 2016 at 10:52 PM
The first reward I gave him was "always welcome", so he can feel at home at every house.

me too it makes it so much easier.

also I just hit a snag ( I don't think this challenge was play tested "as presented" ) I have to have a home worth 200,000 (Mines worth 103,062 right now) and I have to own 30 windows. That means I will have to buy them- So I guess I will try the rules you found for sims 3. I glad someone else is playing -It makes things more fun.

As for the evil trait-I pretty much ignore it. She made one enemy because I really need the reward pts. but that was about it. She's a great mother even without my prompting, which is nice. :-)

Also I posted some pictures on my sim facebook page-since I can't seem to get this program to work right. The link is down below
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th May 2016 at 11:17 PM
The first challenge post says, that he must have the trait mansion-baron, and that doesn't mean he has to fulfill it.
30 windows at my little house surely is impossible!
I use the little hut in Willow Creek by the way, the house in Desert Springs was already occupied.
And now imagine this little hut with 30 windows...

I had a look at your pictures... you really have many televisions... LOL!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:37 PM
Some crazy news:
my Sim went to a park where I had put the Wishing Well some time ago, and he made a wish for Simoleons.
He got the advice to blackmail somebody - and he did it with a woman he hardly knew. She paid more than 4.500 S. to him, because she didn't want her friends to know that she buys Llama-collection-dolls (or something like that) at a special shopping canal.

I can't help it - he has money now!
And the woman is his enemy now, she hates him.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th May 2016 at 2:39 PM
Some crazy news:
my Sim went to a park where I had put the Wishing Well some time ago, and he made a wish for Simoleons.
He got the advice to blackmail somebody - and he did it with a woman he hardly knew. She paid more than 4.500 S. to him, because she didn't want her friends to know that she buys Llama-collection-dolls (or something like that) at a special shopping canal.

I can't help it - he has money now!
And the woman is his enemy now, she hates him.

That is so cool-I didn't know you could blackmail people! I kinda broke the challenge-My sim had her baby's father move in with her-I used the little money he had to make her house bigger. No one works, she still steals-but still cheating.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th May 2016 at 2:59 PM
You can only blackmail somebody when the Wishing Well told you so.
I don't know if it really IS cheating, but I let my Sim use his friend's workbench, so that he could at least build some tables. His skills aren't high enough to build a toilet or a tub, but maybe soon.
I let him clog drain pipes everywhere , and then repair it, so his skill rises and rises.
My Sim is now an adult, and his house is worth more than 50.000, so the first part of Mansion Baron is fulfilled.
But the next step, no, I don't think so. How can he get 30 windows without buying them, and where should he put them?
Oh, and I found out, that he CAN steal plants, bushes, flowers, and the message appears, that they are in his household-inventory, but they are NOT. A bug?
In the meantime he visited his little baby-daughter - and stole some things from his girlfriend's house.
The game gave her the name "Julia", but I'll change it to something with a "Z", matching to his name. Zaffira? Zahra? Zarsuela? Ziggy Stardust? Hmmmm....
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th May 2016 at 2:28 PM
I let him clog drain pipes everywhere , and then repair it, so his skill rises and rises.

Oh, and I found out, that he CAN steal plants, bushes, flowers, and the message appears, that they are in his household-inventory, but they are NOT. A bug?
I

Yeah I found that out too, since my sims stole them I bought them and they gave myself the money back. I figured it was only fair. after that I stuck with stealing potted plants only.
Zola, Zia, Zanna, Zoelle, Zaliki :-)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 7:06 PM
It's been quite some time since I started this challenge, and yesterday I finally finished it.
My klepto-king Zorro Zampano will be a senior in four days and he reached the mansion-baron stage 2 (or was it 3?) where his house has to be worth 200.000 S., the next stage with 30 windows was - as I mentioned before - unreachable.
He now has left his cluttered house and moved into a nice little one in Oasis Springs (it's called "Agavenhaus" in my game).
He kept most of his stolen goods, sold only some he had double or triple or more, to buy a bathroom and a kitchen.
It was very funny to furniture the house with all these different things, different styles, different colours...
He surely will go on stealing this and that, it is his trait after all and he enjoys it.

The challenge was VERY interesting and entertaining! I can fully recommend it!