Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:02 AM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:58 PM.
Default The Orphanage Challenge
Rules:
Start as a single young adult sim in any gender you like.
Sim must have a Family Aspiration - your choice of big happy family or successful lineage
They must also be Family Orientated the rest of their traits is up to you.

Your Sim may not work or apply for a job. You must earn money by creating or selling things you have found.
Your Sim may have a relationship but must not have people move into the lot.

The idea is to adopt as many babies/children as you can handle. You may start with one and then challenge yourself as you go.
You must adopt boy then girl then boy then girl etc.

School aged children MUST do their homework every time. If a child goes to school without completing their homework then the Caregiver needs to put their own bed into the family inventory and go an entire 24 hours without a bed. During this time they may only sleep on the couch.

The goal is to have a large orphanage with sufficient space and facilities for the children.

You should be adopting another child before your youngest is a teenager.

When Sim children reach the Young Adult stage in their life, they should move out so that you can have more room to adopt more children.

Teens may help out at home if required.

Children may share a bedroom but never share a double bed together. You should also have sufficient beds/cradles for all of your adopted children.

When the caregiver reaches Elder age then the oldest child on the lot will become the next Caregiver and will start to take on the duties of the first Caregiver. This means the challenge can continue for as long as you wish. In the event that the Caregiver dies then the oldest child can take over (age them up to young adult if you need to).

You must not age up your children manually (unless you are in the situation above).

This is a challenging Let's Play which I created for myself in Sims 3 and really enjoyed it. There are not too many rules, we are just living a simple life and trying to help those neglected children in need.

Enjoy and please let me know if you do this Let's Play Orphanage Challenge
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 4:23 AM
im doing this the only difference is that its going to be a couple and there only allowed one natural born child and they have to continue on the orphanage and so on
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:09 AM
Its a fun challenge
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 10:11 PM
Been looking for something interesting to do in Sims 4!
Do we have a budget when it comes to building the Orphanage?
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:56 AM
Im Downloading Sims 4 Right Now And I Think I Will Do This As My First Household :d
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 6:01 PM
Nice one :3 Gonna give it a try :*
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:49 PM
I've done all this before with TS4, will accept the challenge again, but dunno how to make it official here...a bit of help?
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 5:24 AM
Oooh, I'll be doing this once I do the fashion agency challenge!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:19 PM
I applaud you for a great idea. I'll try this soon.

Thanx, Cyn