Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 4:48 AM
Default Is it possible to swap out NPCs?
In one of my custom neighborhoods the mail carrier is Pao Mellon. I want to be able have Dagmar Bertino as the mail carrier instead of Pao Mellon. Is there a way in SimPE or perhaps maybe a mod that will allow me to swap one NPC for one of my choice?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 2:54 AM
For the mail carrier, no, I don't think so. I believe it's random who gets chosen, so you can move in and out until you get the one you want. That's what I do for landlords anyway.

To help with that you can use cheats to speed up time or mods to change the day or the time the mail carrier appears. (I don't remember if forcing bills makes the mail carrier show up or if it just summons a stack of bills.) And if you need to keep furniture, you can use the Stay Things Shrub if you don't have a copy of the lot.

For other npcs, there's Squinge's Selectable NPCs.

Or, if you don't want the other npc options at all, you can kill all the ones you don't want to show up, but for that I believe you might also need Anti-Redundancy, or else the game will just replace the ones you killed.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 7:28 AM
It might help to use a townie naming Mod to replace the NPC names as that will cause them to not get the same old names every time.I'd also look at default replacements for their outfits if playing in a historical tome as I'm doing so I'll be replacing the townie outfits.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 11:09 PM
I think if you wanted to take a risk (backup first) you could use SimPE to set 'treat as female' and then use sim surgery to give them Dagmar's face. I have done a simple sim surgery to make the mail man look like my playable sim but that was easy since he was right there in game and also male, but you would be doing a gender swap here as well -never done-don't know how to or how hard that is- but I know it can be done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marv61
I want to be able have Dagmar Bertino as the mail carrier instead of Pao Mellon.
The Bertino clan is clearly in demand. Andrew wants Toby Bertino to be the headmaster when he applies to go to Private School. Because Toby Bertino was the headmaster who refused to let Andrew into his school on his very first day in Veronaville. Now I don't believe Andrew really wants to go to private school. Way back when he was refused entry on his first day, Andrew announced that he never wanted to go to Toby Bertino's snobby school anyway. Andrew is bright enough to see through the snobbery of the Old School Tie, and has quite enough integrity not to want any part in it. But Andrew hates to fail at anything he tries. What's more, Toby Bertino said Andrew's family wasn't the sort of family with which the school wanted to be associated. So not only was Andrew not good enough for the school, but Andrew's family wasn't good enough for the school! "Andrew's family"? That means his mum!! Quite rightly, Andrew takes this as an insult to his mother, and if there's one thing Andrew can't live with, it's somebody maligning his mother. The only reason why Andrew wants to get into private school is to make Toby Bertino eat his words. Getting into another private school won't help at all; it has to be Toby Bertino's school.

So how can I make sure it's Toby who turns up? I can't kill the other Headmasters because in my heart I feel that that would be breaking the Fifth Commandment. So I'm wondering about using Electronic Prisoner Tags from Simlogical. That, along with me having Pescado's antiredundancy should make sure it's Toby Bertino who turns up. Of course giving electronic prisoner tags to Sims who haven't committed any crime is almost certainly unconstitutional, but it would only be for a few hours. Andrew says it's Toby Bertino who should be in jail, but I can't think of a better way to do it. If this works, it could also be an option for OP (@Marv61).

By the way I've just realized as I wrote this post that the guy's name is Toby. I've been calling him Tony Bertino for years! I have reason to believe he's some relation of Ravi Bertino's mother. Ravi, one of my favourite Sims, is a wrong-side-of-the-blanket son of the late Jon Smith Tricou. (You may know Ravi better as Patrick Teens.) I understand that all six of the Tricou Teens took their surnames from their mothers. (There's also a Dagmar Bertino who is a motor driver in Veronaville, but of course we're not allowed to talk to her, so I can't ask her if she's related to either Toby or Ravi! )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think if you wanted to take a risk (backup first) you could use SimPE to set 'treat as female' and then use sim surgery to give them Dagmar's face. I have done a simple sim surgery to make the mail man look like my playable sim but that was easy since he was right there in game and also male, but you would be doing a gender swap here as well -never done-don't know how to or how hard that is- but I know it can be done.

I decided to do the gender swapping thing in Simpe, backing up my hood first of course. I changed it so he will be treated as female, did the sim surgery to make him look like her and changed his/her name to Mallory Bertino for the sake of not confusing the Bertino twins. It worked out pretty good. Thank you for the idea.
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 2:00 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 13th Apr 2022 at 2:23 AM.
Off-topic : You can't use sim surgery on the hobby lot sims who invite you to the secret lots.
I've tried.
Sim Blender does not show them in the display menu, and you can't change them when they're inviting your sim; since they arrive and leave too quickly.
You have to make sure you've not saved the lot your sim is living in when the HL sim shows up and exit w/o saving.

I didn't know you could use sim surgery to change the faces to match the one living at the lot ?
Esp. if that sim was a download ?
How nifty.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Off-topic : You can't use sim surgery on the hobby lot sims who invite you to the secret lots.
I've tried.
Sim Blender does not show them in the display menu, and you can't change them when they're inviting your sim; since they arrive and leave too quickly.
You have to make sure you've not saved the lot your sim is living in when the HL sim shows up and exit w/o saving.

I didn't know you could use sim surgery to change the faces to match the one living at the lot ?
Esp. if that sim was a download ?
How nifty.

When using SimBlender you need to make the HL sim selectable first that way he will show up in the menu for both Surgery and Makeover. Tip: Pause the game first then make the HL sim selectable, then sim surgery, then makeover, unpause (is that a word?). Just makes it easier.
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marv61
When using SimBlender you need to make the HL sim selectable first that way he will show up in the menu for both Surgery and Makeover. Tip: Pause the game first then make the HL sim selectable, then sim surgery, then makeover, unpause (is that a word?). Just makes it easier.

Yes, that's correct, thanks !
My sim was on their pc maxing out their skill and they don't get up in time to choose the plastic surgery option for the HL sim, before the HL sim wanders off lot.

Also I play with Antiredundancy and the neighborhood and stealth hoods are empty -- I like to create all of my Townies and playables.
Maximum control freak to my simmies.
Hahaha !

I've tried killing off a few HL sims to populate my graveyard, and maybe later create a few zombies out of them to spice things up -- by being stingy with Grimmy, ... but the HL sims can't be summoned ?

It's weird as even the default summon option on the Simblender has the ones that you can't mess with .... but no HL sims appear on the menu, even though the maid, butler, bartender, etc., show up on the pie menu in the npc menu.

" Inama Nushif "