Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2022 at 9:24 PM
Default In desperate need of townie children and teens! SimBlender?
I wasn't sure if this goes in general or technical. Is SimBlender still considered safe to use to make townies? I am in need of more children and teens in my hood that are not related to my Legacy family. I am doing a Legacy/Prosperity challenge where I have to play all sims related and married into the family. I do not want to intermarry them for as long as possible. My goal is to reach Gen 10 to adulthood. My founder was Gen 0 so currently Gen 3 is being born. I have all original EPs and SPs. SimBlender still a safe option? I don't want to find out after screwing my hard-earned hood, so checking with you experts first. :D

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2022 at 11:15 PM
I use the teleporter cat from simlogical but the simblender can probably can make sims into townies too. Is it safe? Sure. Just click 'make me a townie'.
Of course with kids and teens you will need to make an adult with them in CAS or age one down to teen once in game. Now that I would be careful with. If the adult is set as the kids parent make sure to unset that tie before ageing them down to teen. if you simply take adults and age them down to a child that could break things, making into a townie no, shouldn't break anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2022 at 12:44 AM
Are you wanting to make Sims in CAS and then turn them into townies, or do you simply want the game to generate the new townies for you?

If you just want the game to generate new townies for you, the in-game townie maker should do the job. Mine is a townie tree, but for some reason (2nd Amendment?) in a later EP Maxis changed the tree into a gun. I'm not sure how the Townie Gun works, but I have no difficulty making random townies with my Townie Tree. It lets me create them one at a time, and I can choose their sex and age. I always choose to keep them, as I suspect I'd be left with a stub file for a deleted Sim if I didn't.

If you want to make them in CAS and then turn them into townies, I think this old tutorial by pixel-trade still gives the best explanation of how to do it. I do it slightly differently myself, but mainly because I use the Sim Manipulator rather than Insimenator. Because I like to be nice to my Sims, I also give them a little hut to stay in while they're being transformed. I have to go now (past bed time) but I can give more details if you ask.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2022 at 7:53 AM
I'll just create my townie families and leave the couples as playable townie households and play them just like the rest of my town residents because playable townies are just families I can play more casually and not have to care as much about them.I would create them with being more ramdom and still move them in and have them live their lives though I can let them have more control and they might take jobs when other aren't.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th May 2022 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use the teleporter cat from simlogical but the simblender can probably can make sims into townies too. Is it safe? Sure. Just click 'make me a townie'.
Of course with kids and teens you will need to make an adult with them in CAS or age one down to teen once in game. Now that I would be careful with. If the adult is set as the kids parent make sure to unset that tie before ageing them down to teen. if you simply take adults and age them down to a child that could break things, making into a townie no, shouldn't break anything.

As far as I know, the only issue with aging an adult down to a child is that the child will have a lifetime want. Since this is the sim's own lifetime want and not some random piece of data that has attached itself to the sim, this shouldn't cause any issues. I would still probably create a single parent with seven child or teen sims, remove all their family ties and then make all of them townies if I wanted to go about it that way.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2022 at 9:22 AM
Does it break anything if you made an adult and teens/children and made them into townies without aging down the adult or breaking the family ties?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th May 2022 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
As far as I know, the only issue with aging an adult down to a child is that the child will have a lifetime want. Since this is the sim's own lifetime want and not some random piece of data that has attached itself to the sim, this shouldn't cause any issues. I would still probably create a single parent with seven child or teen sims, remove all their family ties and then make all of them townies if I wanted to go about it that way.

Well I recently aged an adult down to a toddler (because I needed another for a photo shoot) and they looked weird on the loading screen and when I aged him back up he had no face. So I would be careful with it. Didn't bother me as its a toss away hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2022 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does it break anything if you made an adult and teens/children and made them into townies without aging down the adult or breaking the family ties?
No. Well not in my experience anyway.

Inspired by the Tricou teens, I quite often make townies with relationships between them.

For instance, a few years ago I created a Fortune female Sim named Carla Cameron, and gave her a gay teenage Romance son called Dean. Both were intended from the outset to be townies. When I made them townies, I retained the relationship and they both kept the Cameron surname. Some time later Dean was befriended by Harry Hastie, another gay Romance teen, who lived in a somewhat eccentric house near the bridge in Custer Boulevard. (Harry too had started life as a CAS townie.) The two boys started a romantic relationship with each other, and Harry invited Dean to move in. Now that he was a playable Dean invited his mother round several times, and after a short while Dean invited his mum to move in too. This cramped the boys' style a little, but Carla was able to earn an adult wage, which was a considerable help. She also added an art studio to the house, and increased the number of money trees from two to seven. Carla got on well no only with her son but also with his boyfriend Harry (who in a sense was her landlord, as he owned the house).

Carla tried to find a boyfriend but had little success. Being gay himself, Dean suggested that she might try looking for a girlfriend instead. Initially this too met with little success, but one day Carla was walking past Bianca Monty's little house in Mendoza Lane, when Bianca wearing only her panties (no bra!) came out to put the rubbish in the bin. Carla took one look at the half naked Bianca and was instantly smitten. (Thought bubble surrounded by little love hearts.) Bianca, a long term friend of the very gay Kent Capp, was more than ready for a same-sex relationship. (Downtown Veronaville, where Bianca and Carla both live, is very a centre of gay culture -- they say there are more gays than straights living there.) Bianca and Carla started an intense, passionate and very physical relationship, and soon they got engaged. Now they plan to marry and live together in Bianca's house. This will leave the boys alone again, but in a much better financial state than before. And Carla will be living nearby to provide any help that may be needed.

So Carla, despite her lowly start in life, is about to marry into one of the most prestigious Old Veronaville families. Starting off as a townie with a teenage child has done her no harm at all!

@Charity I started writing this reply within minutes of your post, but it was a very busy and stressful day in Real Life. So sorry for keeping you waiting so long. Sometimes I really do wish I could buy that lovely little cottage in Poet Place and spend the rest of my days living in the same town as all my Veronaville friends!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2022 at 4:10 AM
If you're going to age adults down, age them down to the age just below the one you want and then age them up. That will set their data correctly, and not result in them e.g. starting out with Fs in school.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th May 2022 at 9:32 PM
Instructor
#11 Old 6th May 2022 at 10:32 PM
When I want to create new sims, but don't what to go into CAS, I use the Tombstone of Life & Death to spawn new sims. I'm sure the mod Zoltan3 posted works just as well.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!