Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 10:57 PM Last edited by CASnarl : 5th Apr 2020 at 11:55 PM. Reason: I might have figured it out myself

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Randomize the order of the Dormie pool
Hiya, Idk if that title makes any sense but I couldn't think of how to word it.

Just got done making 32 dormies for my custom hood I've been posting about lately. Made them all into townies using Inge's cat.

I moved Uni Overseer (my university test guy) into the largest 16 room dorm to make sure it worked right. But the thing I'm noticing is the dormies just keep coming in the order that they were townified - meaning I now have a dorm of 1 test guy and 15 girls because I made all the girls first.

Is there something I could do, or a mod, to randomize the order of the dormies so that it pulls from any of the 32 and not just the same first 15? Or did I do something wrong when townifying them?

EDIT: Did some digging and found TwoJeff's Dormie Gender Controller mod claims to do this, and I'm surprised I don't already have that mod since I have tons of others of his. I also saw a thread mentioning that the mod conflicts with nodormieregen unless nodormieregen loads first. So now I think I've just gotta figure out how to change the load order of mods as that's something new to me.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
EDIT: Did some digging and found TwoJeff's Dormie Gender Controller mod claims to do this, and I'm surprised I don't already have that mod since I have tons of others of his. I also saw a thread mentioning that the mod conflicts with nodormieregen unless nodormieregen loads first. So now I think I've just gotta figure out how to change the load order of mods as that's something new to me.

The easiest way to change load order is to rename conflicting mods. In this case, you can add "aaa_" or even just "0" on the beginning of the nodormieregen mod's name. To be sure, you can also rename second mod and add "zzz_" on the beginning of it's name, so it would load after.
You can also place them in different folders, but keep in mind, that game reads these files in alphabetical order.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
You can also place them in different folders, but keep in mind, that game reads these files in alphabetical order.

So if this is what my Downloads folder looks like:

Hacks > MATY
Hacks > TwoJeffs

It'll read the ones in the MATY folder first right? Or do I still need to change the names of the files?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
So if this is what my Downloads folder looks like:

Hacks > MATY
Hacks > TwoJeffs

It'll read the ones in the MATY folder first right? Or do I still need to change the names of the files?

It will read the all of the files in alphabetical order in the MATY folder first and then later it will read all of the files in TwoJeffs in alphabetical order afterward.

Personally I have tested Mods > -MATY Mods ....with the first character being "-" so that it loads first before anyother mods.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 2:30 PM
When I have conflicting mods, I make a new folder just for those specific mods. So I might have a subfolder in Downloads called "loadorder-university". In that subfolder, I make the mods load in the order that I want them to run.