Replies: 309 (Who?), Viewed: 17264 times.
Page 13 of 13
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#301 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:24 AM
Day...I give up.

I have been quietly protesting to my father about fixing the showerhead because of how short I am. He told me he'll look into finding a pipe to extend the showerhead closer to my height. Also on the Do-For list: hang up my blacklight and investigate how much it will cost to fix my fried hair.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#302 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Jul 2021 at 4:17 AM.
First the old internet box gives up (or one of the components, anyway - the box still worked, but apparently it was "outdated"), so it was replaced. Then mom's ancient laptop can't handle the new wifi network, so we had to get one of those USB wifi thingies to plug into it. Then one TV box fails and refuses to show any channels, and a couple days later the other box decides, "oh what the *%# I'll join the team of outdated junk that needs upgrading just to get it out of the way".

At least the new boxes "included everything needed" - even batteries for the remote controls and every single cable mentioned in the handbook (I was absolutely sure we'd have to buy at least one of them)

Had some issues with the internet setup (why does one cable NOT work, but the other cable work, even though it's in principle the exact same cable and the old one worked for the old box? I have no idea... But new cable worked).

And now we needs to be veeeewy veeeevy careful to not upset the oldest TV, because the remote control disappeared a long time ago in an apartment far, far away (unless it's in a moving box somewhere), and I spent probably ten minutes messing with the side buttons (which is 99% guesswork) to find the one single blasted channel button that would show the correct signal from the box. Also, the screen keeps flickering, but that could be just the age of the TV or some such - maybe it doesn't like the new box...
Mad Poster
#303 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 12:04 PM
Tropical storm Elsa is making her way up the coast. I didn't need a weather person to tell me this. The temperature is only in low 70's, but the frickin' humidity is well above 80%. The outside of the windows are foggy because it is literally like a greenhouse outside. Just what the black cherry plants that I was planning to spray today need; rain and humidity. Meh! I'm sure they'll be nice and hydrated when I deal with them on Sunday because tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same weather-wise.

I suppose everybody needs a break from being outside anyway. Dingus was stung by a wasp not once, but twice yesterday. He cut down a dead pine tree only to find out wasps had made a nest in said dead pine tree. He's fine, he didn't have a severe reaction, but was sore all afternoon and had to take some Benedryl last night before bed. The good news is we've cleared all of the dead trees. There is a dead branch on one of the bigger oaks that needs to be dealt with, but it is too big for us to handle. I'll be talking to the tree company about dealing with that when they show up to trim the Japanese Maple and to chip the now monster-sized pile of brush in the other side yard.

Since I'm sitting here complaining, Rona numbers are rising as they are everywhere else. It isn't by insane amounts like last fall, but I have to wonder if there will be another explosion in case numbers like last fall. The number of cases got well above 30,000 long before the bell rang for the new year. People insist on cramming themselves onto airplanes and all the other things that spreads germs. I read a article the other day about the Vegas strip which is now open. People there whether they are visiting or not are acting like there is nothing going on, it's business as usual. Yeah, no.

It is going to be a long winter; more time to contemplate what kind of fence I want. We canceled the contract we had for September as there was some shady crap going on that wasn't sitting well with me. Things that should have been written in were missing, then there was a problem with the timing of when we could cancel if we decided to do that, ect... Maybe by next spring there won't be all the ongoing supply chain issues like there are right now. Talking to anybody about home improvement projects right now feels like predatory and scam-ish.
Scholar
#304 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:04 AM
I hate my stupid country sometimes, today is one of those days.

Someone I love just died.

So people acting like pathetic babies because some overpaid athletes lost a stupid football game is really pissing me off.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#305 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:38 AM
Bipolar and my struggle with it is the very definition of insanity. I dive headlong into giant projects and then peter out or I buy numerous items that I only need one of and not only is it insanity for me, but my mother suffers through it (I inherited this issue from my father so she suffers from an outside perspective)

Not to mention the way my father and I see ourselves is like looking into 3 mirrors, each displaying the polar opposites and the baseline.

The ups and downs lately are just driving me crazy!

My bedroom is extremely cold for July...at least the mollies and screws for my black light have been bought. Now all I need to do is dig out the blacklight.

Mad Poster
#306 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy-noodles
I hate my stupid country sometimes, today is one of those days.

Someone I love just died.

So people acting like pathetic babies because some overpaid athletes lost a stupid football game is really pissing me off.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Mad Poster
#307 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 12:43 AM
I don't know why I read news headlines. All it does is piss me off.

First headline: Over 300 people tested positive for Rona over the weekend. Media however continues to bitch about people like myself. I've left the house twice in over a year in a half; they can fug off with their lectures.

Second headline: Almost all of the beaches in my state tested positive for toxic levels of fecal matter last year. Is shitting all over beaches a new thing?

I'll stick to my yard, thankyouverymuch.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#308 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:50 AM
ARGH!

I've been deprived of sleep for 48 hours!

WHO NEEDS SLEEP?

I DON'T NEED SLEEP!

I AM THE WALKING LIVING!

(this sums up having to wear a heavy sweat jacket and my dreaded black stretch yoga pants from Old Navy when I was a teenager. They still fit is the bigger mystery in my rage and anxiety to go to sleep but my father cranked the AC extremely high that I will have to sleep on the couch while my cat peels out like a bat out of hell.)

Mad Poster
#309 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:32 PM
Company I work for sends out letter saying everyone has to have the covid vaccine by Autumn or lose job. My midwife suggested that it benefits the baby most in the third trimester so that's when I was gonna get the vaccine.

Ask my manager about it because I dunno what "vaccinated by autumn" really means and whether I can keep with my original plan. She has no idea about it. Sends me to someone else.

That someone else tells me the vaccine is safe in pregnancy (I know, thats why I want to get it. In my third trimester) and sends me to someone else if I have more questions.

Someone else #3 sends me on to someone else #4.

I have a stress headache! At least person #4 had the answer!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#310 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:58 PM
Well, I saw the gastroenterologist and she said my endocrinologist, Dr. VB is leaving the health center so that meant choosing a new one. I chose a woman, Dr. M-LaM and I have an appointment with her near my 34th birthday.

Not one of my brightest days.

Page 13 of 13