Replies: 10787 (Who?), Viewed: 447575 times.
Page 432 of 432
Mad Poster
#10776 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:54 PM
I posted in this thread rather than site issues for a reason It's super sweet of you to want to help and give advice to maybe get it fixed, but I rather just suck it up and deal with it. Not like Tashi is going to bring the old system back, even if it was far more user-friendly and efficient, and even if he were to fix this particular issue I'd still hate it, so eh. I'll spare him having to deal with a grumpy curmudgeon that's tired of him constantly changing the site for seemingly no reason.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
retired moderator
#10777 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:24 AM
@gummilutt There are many who have already asked about getting the old layout back, but I can see why Tashiketh has updated. The more specifics he has about what it is that is disliked though, the more he can hone it. No worries, but you are not nearly as grumpy as I am, I spend as much time shaking my fistat the screen as I do actually reading things! *Hugs gummi*

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#10778 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:34 AM
You have a point, but I'm not sure "everything" is a helpful hint on what is bad about it

But you did remind me of something I do want to mention to Tashi. I don't get why mentions still result in a private message, when he added the mention alert thing. Kinda weird to get two alerts for the same thing

Instructor
#10779 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:25 AM
I'm thinking about making a home for unmarried mothers. Maybe with an older matron type who helps with the babies. Anybody done something similar?
Field Researcher
#10780 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 9:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
I'm thinking about making a home for unmarried mothers. Maybe with an older matron type who helps with the babies. Anybody done something similar?

A long time ago I downloaded a populated lot named Bad Girls Club (which I now think was some sorts of corrupted). All residents (who was unmarried) cared for the kids, cooked , did cleaning and throw parties. Playing the lot was amusing. (Today I don't have that lot in my game.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10781 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 9:35 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 28th Jul 2021 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Not done, but doing. And not so much a home for unmarried mothers as a women's commune, where parenting and childcare responsibilities are shared.

Of course, since it's in my game, progress is very slow. At the moment two young Romance women, Steffi Hentze and Freya Hall, have bought a new build house in Monopolis (which is being developed as a sub-hood of Veronaville). Neither is pregnant yet, but Freya has started a passionate affair with "Rich Uncle" Milburn Pennybags, the billionaire financier behind Monopolis. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a pregnancy. I anticipate that Priscilla Hand, a Romance townie (and possibly a fourth female) will join them, and they'll move to a bigger house for their commune.

My original Sims Andrew and his mum Gloria are the inspiration behind this. I introduced them as a teen and his mum at the very beginning of my game, and it quickly became clear to me that they have by far the best relationship between a teenage boy and his mother that I've ever seen anywhere, either in The Sims or in Real Life. Andrew adores his mum and will defend her against anyone who says a word against her. He is both conscientious and popular, especially among Veronaville's large gay community. He works hard at school and he plays hard after school. All in all he's a real credit to his mum. So Gloria (Romance and very outgoing) clearly did something right in his upbringing. Now I've only played Andrew as a teen, but he must have been a baby, a toddler and a child before that. His Mystery Sim father took no part at all in his upbringing; I understand he was a Scottish sailor whose ship was moored for a couple of days in the Downtown Creek, and Andrew was the result of a steamy night of passion between him and Gloria. Andrew's age says that she must have been a teen when she had him. So how did this young single mum manage to bring up her son so well? I think that one likely answer is that she joined an all-female commune, and the other members of the commune made sure they were there for young Gloria and her little son. So my project is to create a similar commune for the present generation.

My 2019 thread on Alternative Parenting Strategies is relevant.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
#10782 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsve
A long time ago I downloaded a populated lot named Bad Girls Club (which I now think was some sorts of corrupted). All residents (who was unmarried) cared for the kids, cooked , did cleaning and throw parties. Playing the lot was amusing. (Today I don't have that lot in my game.)

great, now i’ve got Falling In Reverse stuck in my head

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#10783 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 4:29 AM
Ok, so I haven't played for a while for Reasons, including Heat, Travel, and Long Delayed Big Family Wedding (which made all the Family sims in my RL family happy, let me just tell you, which appears to be every single one of us), and it looks like I'm getting a new-to-me computer in, oh, about as soon as I finish copying All The Things from this one. (So, 300 gb or so.) Not a new computer, but my husband got gifted a newer computer, so I'm taking his old one. He just finished wiping it and reinstalling Windows for me.

It'll still be Win7. I'm thinking I remember Origin did some stupid update that I didn't download because the last time I opened Origin was when I installed UC on this computer, that made internet required for playing, or some such. I know there was an old Windows 7 how to run Sims 2 thread that I'm looking for. But I'm not sure where it is anymore, and I'm still a happy curmudgeon about the newest and greatest nonsense.

The other old computer is better because a year newer, bigger hard drive, and doesn't have the failing power supply issue, and a dual core processor instead of a quad core with more actually processing speed, so it should be excellent. And then all the little monsters, er, teen boys, can go ahead and cannibalize this one for parts for whatever-the-heck they're up to, which is probably Taking Over The World or some such.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#10784 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 8:04 PM
Tl;dr I'm so happy with the newest kid in my hood, Mia-Maja, and it's reminding me that change can be a good thing cause you might find things that are just as good for other reasons, that you wouldn't have encountered if things stayed the same.

Mad Poster
#10785 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 10:19 PM
I might actually set myself on fire if my game crashes one more time while I'm making a family in CAS...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#10786 Old Yesterday at 1:24 AM
Unpopular opinion, but I think lot impostors really aren't that bad. Sure they could be better, but I still really enjoy having them. Makes pictures look so much more alive. My game really got a boost when I got a strong enough rig that could handle viewing more than just the active lot.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10787 Old Yesterday at 2:21 AM
Until I got my new computer in October, I was getting low resolution lot imposters. They really were bad -- sometimes I could see through the houses. In comparison the "high resolution" lot imposters I get now are brilliant!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10788 Old Yesterday at 2:48 AM
Fully agreed. Would it be nice if they were a little higher resolution? Sure, but it's still so much easier to do an urban setting (or even just feel like you're playing part of a neighborhood at all) when you can actually SEE the other buildings nearby!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 432 of 432