Replies: 9264 (Who?), Viewed: 462068 times.
Page 371 of 371
Mad Poster
#9251 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:24 AM
I'm...pretty sure I've bought souvenirs in non-vacation hoods. It's possible that I've got a mod, or that you've got a mod conflict.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#9252 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:27 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:56 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
There's a bug in the architecture career at the Architect level in a chance card. It says they don't get any salary that day but that actually removes all of your family funds. Lost almost $100 000! That's a crime! I will be suing.

It looks like the specific bug is that it deducts 985,000 simoleons instead of 985 simoleons. I'll have to look into whether or not fixing this would break something else, though. It's because of a hack they used to make it possible to get 75,000 from a chance card when the game only knows about numbers up to 32,767, or at least that's my understanding from looking at it once.
Mad Poster
#9253 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I'm...pretty sure I've bought souvenirs in non-vacation hoods. It's possible that I've got a mod, or that you've got a mod conflict.

I think you must have a mod, or maybe they work in a downtown but not a home neighborhood, or something like that... This card appears when I direct a Sim to interact with the display though, which seems like the type of thing that would only show up if this were intentional behavior.
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
#9254 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I think you must have a mod, or maybe they work in a downtown but not a home neighborhood, or something like that... This card appears when I direct a Sim to interact with the display though, which seems like the type of thing that would only show up if this were intentional behavior.

They gotta make you go there for something don't they? Your sim must spend at least 500 simloeons to travel to a place just to get the keepsake. They don't want any fakers in this hood!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#9255 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
It looks like the specific bug is that it deducts 984,000 simoleons instead of 985 simoleons. I'll have to look into whether or not fixing this would break something else, though. It's because of a hack they used to make it possible to get 75,000 from a chance card when the game only knows about numbers up to 32,767, or at least that's my understanding from looking at it once.

Ok, based on the way other EA chance cards work, there is actually an easy fix that doesn't break anything. Now you will only lose 1,000 simoleons, which is good enough for government work. This is untested for the moment, I'll probably test it tomorrow or something and upload it for real, but I'm pretty sure this should work. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2611668/
Mad Poster
#9256 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:21 AM
Scholar
#9257 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:05 AM
Whoa, today I discovered that souvenirs actually have some benefits when placed on a specific type of shelving.

DJ. who?
"What do you have to be nervous about? You're someone on the internet." -A.M.R.
Scholar
#9258 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:13 PM
What benefits and what shelves?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#9259 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:04 PM
According to Sims Wiki, it's the ShowMeOff Rack of Glory Souvenir (the shelf that comes with BV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sims Wiki
  • Collecting five of any Far East souvenirs will allow faster skill building.
  • Collecting five of any Mountain souvenirs will make non-romantic interactions more effective.
  • Collecting five of any Tropical souvenirs will make romantic interactions more effective.
  • Collecting five of any seashells will reduce the bladder motive decay.
  • Collecting five voodoo dolls will make Sims who view the rack imagine that they're being chased by bees.

DJ. who?
Mad Poster
#9260 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:26 PM
I read that paragraph in the Wiki, and then read on-the pirate ship has a use, after all:

Quote:
In addition to buyable souvenirs, Sims may collect pirate collectibles by plundering the captain's cabin in a pirate ship. Sims might find the captain's log, a gold doubloon, a treasure map, or nothing, if unsuccessful. Their values are worth §675, §750, and §2,500 respectively. Sims might also encounter Pirate Captain Edward Dregg while plundering. Sims cannot plunder any more loot while the pirate captain is out on deck.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#9261 Old Yesterday at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topp
According to Sims Wiki, it's the ShowMeOff Rack of Glory Souvenir (the shelf that comes with BV).

No way! I wish I knew that before I made 500 perfect robots. They visited far east a lot to learn to teleport but never bought any souvenirs. Does it help with learning badges as well?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Test Subject
#9262 Old Yesterday at 3:12 AM
Today I discovered that when you're on a date with a townie, you can lock one of their wants just like if they were playable! All these years and I never even thought to try.
retired moderator
#9263 Old Yesterday at 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmaline
Today I discovered that when you're on a date with a townie, you can lock one of their wants just like if they were playable!

Once, I made 90% of the sims in the neighbourhood have the locked want 'woohoo with Sim Sample' using this feature.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#9264 Old Yesterday at 4:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topp

The rack just has to be in same room? Or Sim has to look at it...k?

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#9265 Old Yesterday at 8:04 PM
It seems it has to be, yes.

"Being close to the rack seems to make me feel more skillful/friendly/romantic" is the notification you'll receive when viewing the rack with Far East/mountain/tropical souvenirs. I haven't noticed a very large boost in skilling. My Sim was studying cooking from a chair two tiles away from the rack, in the same room. I was feeling lazy so I didn't test further with different Sims to study the change in their relationship when using the mountain/tropical souvenirs.

"I hear a strange buzzing sound", on the other hand, is the notification you receive when the Sim looks at the five voodoo dolls, and they indeed get chased by bees, much like the Mellifera Attackum witch spell.

DJ. who?
Page 371 of 371