Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeriousNorbo
I'm not sure if I can help, I managed to get working textures but I used 3D Ripper. Rippers rip the entire sim texture as one 2048x1024 image while normal maps are separated for each part.

Those rippers capture the texture after it's been blended. At this point I'm going with separate meshgroups and textures for scalp, face, hair, body, and accessories since they all seem to be uv mapped separately. That may change as I go along.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 11:28 PM
Could a future version be able to export objects too?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
Could a future version be able to export objects too?

Objects would be a completely different process, so no. Besides, objects don't have sliders so I think you could just export the mesh and texture from the package. A tool that gives you a composited final texture might be useful, though. (I know next to nothing about objects so I could be wrong.)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeriousNorbo
I'm not sure if I can help, I managed to get working textures but I used 3D Ripper. Rippers rip the entire sim texture as one 2048x1024 image while normal maps are separated for each part.

i'll give that a shot then. thanks.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 4:49 PM
Just to let you know, store items wise, the clothes I have from midnight hollow definitely don't work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmuHav
Just to let you know, store items wise, the clothes I have from midnight hollow definitely don't work.

If they're not in unprotected packages they will not work.

Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 1:23 AM Last edited by KosmoKhaos : 17th Apr 2020 at 9:05 AM. Reason: Update
Hello! First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS PROGRAM! When I saw the version for TS4 I was hoping there might be a sims 3 version in the works! I've recently gotten into 3D skinblending and I love making poses for my sims so this will be a very helpful program. But ofc, I have a slight problem/question. It seems that sometimes I get an error message on 90% of the sims I choose and I'm unsure if it has to do with their CC or perhaps I need a specific framework to run the program? I often get an Unhandled Exception error box that looks like the picture below. I'll test maybe going ingame and removing all unnecessary CC from some of the sims I want to Rip and see if that helps but I wanted to report this error just incase it meant something needed fixing.

For quick info: I'm running on a Windows 7 OS and patched to 1.67 and I use CCMagic

UPDATE: So There is definitely some errors with it transferring sliders and your HeightSlider is what causes that monstrosity face glitch. However OneEuromutt's Leg and Torso height sliders fared better when it comes to their height. Besides that, it seems if I remove like all of the CC on the sim and make them either nekid or in EA clothing, I can get them to open in the Ripper. BUT the rig is definitely messed up. My sim opens flat on their face which is an easy fix but the rig isn't lines up with the bodymesh
Screenshots

~Kosmo can't live without the Khaos~
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KosmoKhaos
Hello! First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS PROGRAM! When I saw the version for TS4 I was hoping there might be a sims 3 version in the works! I've recently gotten into 3D skinblending and I love making poses for my sims so this will be a very helpful program. But ofc, I have a slight problem/question. It seems that sometimes I get an error message on 90% of the sims I choose and I'm unsure if it has to do with their CC or perhaps I need a specific framework to run the program? I often get an Unhandled Exception error box that looks like the picture below. I'll test maybe going ingame and removing all unnecessary CC from some of the sims I want to Rip and see if that helps but I wanted to report this error just incase it meant something needed fixing.

For quick info: I'm running on a Windows 7 OS and patched to 1.67 and I use CCMagic

UPDATE: So There is definitely some errors with it transferring sliders and your HeightSlider is what causes that monstrosity face glitch. However OneEuromutt's Leg and Torso height sliders fared better when it comes to their height. Besides that, it seems if I remove like all of the CC on the sim and make them either nekid or in EA clothing, I can get them to open in the Ripper. BUT the rig is definitely messed up. My sim opens flat on their face which is an easy fix but the rig isn't lines up with the bodymesh

Yeah, I found my math for bone morphs is flawed and doesn't work correctly for big changes in position and scale like height and size sliders used near extremes. I should have known when I found the teen height morph only works right when it's the last deformation applied. I'm in the process of rewriting the code before looking at individual problems but this stuff isn't easy at the best of times so right now it's going slowly.

Meanwhile, having test cases is very useful so could you upload your save game for at least one sim you're having problems with and the CC and custom sliders they use?

Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 10:57 AM

The rigs don't work properly in Blender 2.67. You have to do the method I mentioned in an earlier post. You need a copy of Blender 2.79b. Open the rig in that blender, save it as a blender file, then the rig will work in 2.67. You'll need 2.67 still because the posing tools to export the pose doesn't work in 2.79b. It's a run around, but it works.
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:49 PM
Okay, so my sims that had their faces all mangled, turns out I'm just an idiot, I guess ^^'

I took all the store items off them and they ripped fine, faces intact. One of them I realised they had store items on a secondary outfit, deleted the outfit and now they're fine too. So, perhaps the face mangling isn't a slider issue, but incompatible CC/Store Items?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 1:41 PM
Okay, so my sims that had their faces all mangled, turns out I'm just an idiot, I guess ^^'

I took all the store items off them and they ripped fine, faces intact. One of them I realised they had store items on a secondary outfit, deleted the outfit and now they're fine too. So, perhaps the face mangling isn't a slider issue, but incompatible CC/Store Items?

Interesting. Store items could be protected, or still in Sims3Packs, in which case SimRipper won't read them and your sim will have missing parts. Extracted, unprotected packages should work correctly, they use a different method of physique morphs (fat, fit, thin, pregnant) but that shouldn't affect the face. I'd be curious to see one or two of the store packages that seem to be causing distortion.

Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yeah, I found my math for bone morphs is flawed and doesn't work correctly for big changes in position and scale like height and size sliders used near extremes. I should have known when I found the teen height morph only works right when it's the last deformation applied. I'm in the process of rewriting the code before looking at individual problems but this stuff isn't easy at the best of times so right now it's going slowly.

Meanwhile, having test cases is very useful so could you upload your save game for at least one sim you're having problems with and the CC and custom sliders they use?

SaveGame or .simfile? Because I'd hate for you to have to go through DLing a world to test a sim of mine. I've been using the .simfiles because your original post said savedgames only have townies in them.

The rigs don't work properly in Blender 2.67. You have to do the method I mentioned in an earlier post. You need a copy of Blender 2.79b. Open the rig in that blender, save it as a blender file, then the rig will work in 2.67. You'll need 2.67 still because the posing tools to export the pose doesn't work in 2.79b. It's a run around, but it works.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me and I ended up with a warped out monstrosity when trying to use the rig and even then the bones don't line up lol. But thanks for trying to help :D

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 2:07 PM
SaveGame or .simfile? Because I'd hate for you to have to go through DLing a world to test a sim of mine. I've been using the .simfiles because your original post said savedgames only have townies in them.

Turns out the saved games do have custom sims in them, but for specific problems like this the .sim folders are best.

Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 2:17 PM
Interesting. Store items could be protected, or still in Sims3Packs, in which case SimRipper won't read them and your sim will have missing parts. Extracted, unprotected packages should work correctly, they use a different method of physique morphs (fat, fit, thin, pregnant) but that shouldn't affect the face. I'd be curious to see one or two of the store packages that seem to be causing distortion.

All the ones I had issues with were from Midnight Hollow. Protected Store Sims3Packs. (never used the tool that I assume shouldn't be named here, for fear of messing up my saves). The items didn't show in the ripper, obviously, but the faces also distorted. And once those items were removed (and only those items!) the faces ripped fine.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me and I ended up with a warped out monstrosity when trying to use the rig and even then the bones don't line up lol. But thanks for trying to help :D

Oh, how bizarre! I had the same issue you're seeing when loading the rigs into 2.67, with the bones floating outside the body when height sliders were used, and that weird diamond thing sticking out of their butt lol. Also, you'll find if you do try to pose them using that rig, that the bones don't seem to be assigned correctly (if you look in one of my previous posts you'll see what I mean, pasting an existing pose onto the rig and the pose goes wrong.) Did you try installing the posing tools to 2.79b Blender? Even though the export/Import tools don't work, it may be you still need the tools installed for the rig to work and be poseable?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:17 PM
All the ones I had issues with were from Midnight Hollow. Protected Store Sims3Packs. (never used the tool that I assume shouldn't be named here, for fear of messing up my saves). The items didn't show in the ripper, obviously, but the faces also distorted. And once those items were removed (and only those items!) the faces ripped fine.

That is strange! I'll have to think about what could cause this behavior.

Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 8:55 AM
Ok so quick tidbit I just found. This process that someone made for TS4 Ripper also works for TS3 Ripper Rigs. I noticed its a bit wonky if you have 3D Default replacement things ripped onto your sim (i.e. AWT's 3D Eyeball mesh replacement) but it does work.

https://depthofpixels.tumblr.com/po...ripper-tutorial

Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 2:58 PM
Sorry, me again haha. When you say 'Sims3packs and packages extracted from them are not supported yet.' does that mean sim3packs made into packages using delphy's tool won't work?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#68 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 6:12 PM
Sorry, me again haha. When you say 'Sims3packs and packages extracted from them are not supported yet.' does that mean sim3packs made into packages using delphy's tool won't work?

If they're protected store Sims3Packs, yes the packages extracted from them with Delphi's tool won't work. There's an awesome alternative that will decrapify them but I can't help you with that. Maybe I'll eventually figure out how to read them.

Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 9:57 PM
If they're protected store Sims3Packs, yes the packages extracted from them with Delphi's tool won't work. There's an awesome alternative that will decrapify them but I can't help you with that. Maybe I'll eventually figure out how to read them.

Oh no, I meant any normal sims3pack or unprotected store sims3pack converted to packages, since that note simply says 'Sims3Pack', not specifically store ones, so I was a little confused. But I guess it is just protected store ones, that's fine
Test Subject
#70 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 5:29 PM
Another issue with posing these rigs: If you export and save a pose from one of these rigs, all the joints and whatnot work (if you do the whole 2.79b>2.67 blender thing) EXCEPT the faces. They become horribly disfigured. The only way around it I can find is copy-pasting the pose onto a default rig and export+saving from that. I think this might have to do with these rigs having a whole lot more bones than needed for posing, but that's just a wild guess.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 6:06 PM
Could someone tell me how to import and use a TS3 pose in Blender so I can test? Please explain step-by-step and click by click, with pictures if possible, since I'm very clueless in Blender and don't even know where to find a lot of the controls. I'll need a couple of pose resources too. Sorry to ask but trying to fix animation and pose glitches without testing isn't going to work.

Test Subject
#72 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 3:27 PM
Could someone tell me how to import and use a TS3 pose in Blender so I can test? Please explain step-by-step and click by click, with pictures if possible, since I'm very clueless in Blender and don't even know where to find a lot of the controls. I'll need a couple of pose resources too. Sorry to ask but trying to fix animation and pose glitches without testing isn't going to work.

I can give it a go. I'm not necessarily the best at explaining things though. It also requires a lot of stuff to explain. Sorry if I either come across patronising, I'm trying to be thorough lol, or if I'm not clear enough. As I said, it is a lot to explain lol. I don't have time to get pics for everything atm, sorry :/

You need:
Blender 2.67b from HERE (this is the last version of Blender that the pose tools fully work with)
Blender 2.79b from HERE (you'll need this if you want to do the workaround to get a poseable rig from the ripper that works properly)
The Clip Tool + Default rigs from HERE
The installation instructions for the clip tool are HERE Install the tools to both versions of Blender.
Here is a pose for you, both as a package and as an animation file HERE

Blender 2.67 works like a normal program that you have to install and can open from the start menu, whilst 2.79 you just have to open from it's .exe to use it.

Controls for actually posing a rig/moving around in Blender:
Select joints with right-mouse button.
Shift+Right-Mouse to select more than one joint.
R once to rotate a joint on one axis. R twice to rotate freely.
G to move a joint (generally only used for facial expressions).
Click Mousewheel and move the mouse to rotate the camera.
Shift + Mousewheel to move the camera around without rotating.
1 to return camera to a front-facing position.
3 to move camera to a side-facing position.
4 + 6 to rotate camera side to side.
5 to change camera perspective

To open more than one rig in Blender at a time:
Open the first rig file. (eg amRig.blend)
File > Append > find and open the .blend file of the rig you want to add
Open the folder labelled 'Object'
If Importing a Default Rig: Shift+Select all the parts that start with the type of rig you're importing. Eg if importing an adult male rig, select all the parts starting with 'am'
If importing a TS3Ripper Rig: Shift+Select 'SimName', 'SimNameGlass', and 'rig'

To copy-paste a pose from one rig to another:
Press 'A' twice on a joint of the posed rig you want to copy the pose from to select all the joints.
Ctrl-C to copy.
If you've appended a second rig into the same file, select a joint on the second one and Ctrl-V onto that rig.
If you haven't, File > Open > .blend file of the rig you want to paste on, select a joint on the rig and Ctrl-V onto the rig.

Firstly, the basic way to pose a rig and turn it into a pose:
Open up a rig file (eg amRig.blend)
Pose your rig, or import an animation file. File > Import > Sims 3 Animation (.animation) and open up an animation file (you can use the one I gave you)
Press 'A' twice to select all bones (should all turn blue)
Press 'I' and select LocRot from the drop-down menu that appears.
File > Export > Sims 3 Animation (.animation). Name the pose. Adult poses must start with a_ (eg a_testpose).
Save the file with the name Blender gives it.
Open S3PE and create a new file.
Resource > Import > from file. Find the animation file you just saved.
Save As.
Done! Pose made!

Importing a (currently broken) rig from TS3Ripper in Blender 2.67:
Open Blender 2.67. File > Import > Collada (Default) (.dae) and import the ripped rig.
The rig is laid down on floor face down. Type RX-90 to get it upright.
Rig looks odd. You'll have a weird diamond thing sticking out the bottom, and if you're importing a sim that uses height sliders, the arm and finger bones will be floating outside the arms.
Find and select a joint (hard to do as rig hides them quite a bit, but look for little dots.)
The menu at the bottom that says 'Object Mode', change to 'Pose Mode'.
On the big menu on the right, find the 'Object Data' menu (looks like a little stick figure. Under the submenu that says 'Display', tick the X-Ray box. The rig with now show through the sim when it's selected. (makes it hell of a lot easier to see all the joints/armature)
Now, you can try to pose the rig, and while it mostly seems to work while you do, if you copy-paste or import the pose from it onto a default rig you notice this actually doesn't work. Same if you copy-paste or import a pose made on a default rig onto the ripped rig, it will also be broken.

Importing a working rig from TS3Ripper using Blender 2.79b:
Find the .exe for Blender 2.79b and open it.
File > Import > Collada (Default) (.dae) and import the ripped rig.
Rig looks good, no diamond sticking out the butt, and if your sim has height sliders, the sim no longer has arm and finger bones floating outside the body.
Save As as a .blend file.
Open .blend file using Blender 2.67. The rig should now look like it did in Blender 2.79. No butt-diamond, no floaty bones etc. (You have open in 2.67 because the export/import animation tools don't work on 2.79b)
Find and select a joint (hard to do as rig hides them quite a bit, but look for little dots.)
The menu at the bottom that says 'Object Mode', change to 'Pose Mode'.
On the big menu on the right, find the 'Object Data' menu (looks like a little stick figure. Under the submenu that says 'Display', tick the X-Ray box. The rig will now show through the sim (makes it a hell of a lot easier to see all the joints/armature)
Rig is now poseable, and everything works in theory. If you copy-paste a pose made from this rig onto a default rig, you can see the pose works correctly compared to when using the broken rig.
The issue comes when you export it. If you make it into a pose and take that pose in-game, or even just import the exported animation file onto a default rig, you can see any facial joints you moved cause the face to become disfigured. (Then again, I haven't tried with an unposed face. It may also do it if you don't move any facial joints.)
The only way around this is to copy-paste the pose onto a default rig and export the animation from that.

I feel like someone else will possibly able to do a better job of explaining things, but I did my best
Screenshots
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 4:20 PM
I'm getting unhandled exception when trying to select SavedSims folder. No sims show up. Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  exception1.txt (7.4 KB, 14 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#74 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vatri
I'm getting unhandled exception when trying to select SavedSims folder. No sims show up. Windows 8.1 64-bit.

That error means there's a package that SimRipper can't read, maybe because it's corrupted or not formatted correctly.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vatri

Are you running it as admin?
Page 3 of 12