Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

21 Animated Lot Based Effects, Down from the 'Hood

by Sophie-David Posted 4th Apr 2013 at 2:32 PM - Updated 13th May 2014 at 6:30 PM by Sophie-David : Posted Stinky Skunk Bugfix, May 25, 2013

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:30 PM
Yay!More stuff to keep Sims 2 awesome!

These are absolutely amazing (especially the birdies) & I am tickled to have found them!

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 2:54 AM
Thank you Ms Wolf, I am glad you like them.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#53 Old 4th May 2013 at 5:14 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but I forgot to check back and didn't see yours until just now. Pity the fog doesn't want to be sunken, but lot-blanketing fog is still a lot more eerie than no fog at all, so I'll happily take it anyway. Thanks for looking into it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 5th May 2013 at 5:07 PM
You're welcome, NixNivis.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th May 2013 at 7:04 PM
This is really great! Especially for story telling or movie making! Great job!
Theorist
Original Poster
#56 Old 19th May 2013 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 19th May 2013 at 7:36 PM.
Thanks jones.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 19th May 2013 at 10:03 AM
This is definitely a top idea for sims 2!
We have some super custom contents to make sims 2 more exciting and your idea is an amazing new one. Brilliant! Fantastic! Super!
Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:37 PM
Thank you for your enthusiastic encouragement, StellRien!
Forum Resident
#59 Old 20th May 2013 at 10:01 PM
Fabulous!! Thanks so much for this!! :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:07 AM
You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 21st May 2013 at 4:55 PM
JUST yesterday I was thinking "I wish there were a way to see hood effects in the lot view" thank you so so so much for these, they're awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 21st May 2013 at 6:22 PM
This is so COOL. I'm only a storyteller in my mind, but the ambiance this will add to all my lots...ah! My game is loading up as I type this so I can try out all these new effects. Thank you for this wonderful set!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'm feeling a little puzzled. I put the starburst effect and the wild geese effect on my lot, and nothing worked after almost a full Sim day. Am I missing something here? Some sort of essential controller that controls the other squares? It's also winter ... does that have anything to do with these effects? BTW, I have up to Free Time. No Apartment Life and no SPs.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
Original Poster
#64 Old 22nd May 2013 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I'm feeling a little puzzled. I put the starburst effect and the wild geese effect on my lot, and nothing worked after almost a full Sim day. Am I missing something here? Some sort of essential controller that controls the other squares? It's also winter ... does that have anything to do with these effects? BTW, I have up to Free Time. No Apartment Life and no SPs.
On some machines, certain neighbourhood effects do not actually work in the neighbourhood. The flying bird effects such as the University wild geese seem to be particularily vulnerable to this. If the effect does not work in the neighbourhood then it definitely will not work in a lot either. Could you try your wild geese neighbourhood effect and let me know if it works?

On my laptop, the EP flying bird effects do not work in the neighbourhood or in the lot, which I attribute to my laptop having a poor graphics display. However the starburst does work on my laptop. The starburst is one of the effects revealed by Numenor's waterfall patch as Waterfall Splash. If you have the patch installed, see if Waterfall Splash works in the neighbourhood view.

Do the other Down from the 'Hood effects work for you?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#65 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:22 AM
OK, tried it out again. I downloaded the first two groups, BTW. The birds finally showed up ... I didn't realize they were THAT high. But I suppose I should have figured it out ... geese don't usually fly in formation a couple of feet over a house!

The starburst does work as well. I'm still having trouble with the hot air balloon, but maybe I should aim higher. And duh again ... the starburst light against snow wouldn't be all that easy to spot. (Not quite sure why it didn't work in the house, though ... I'll have to read the description. I probably misunderstood it.)

I'm realizing that perhaps it depends on your terrain. The first house I tried was on a high hill, so the markers were much higher as well. The level lot with a deep pond seemed to fare better ... I saw the birds much better when I buried the tile on the bottom of the pond. The fog, red light, cloud and smoke effects worked easily, with no difficulties. I have to reread your description ... I thought you mentioned that somewhere.

Thanks for helping me out!
Theorist
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd May 2013 at 4:36 AM
You're welcome Gazania, and good to hear you were successful.

All the birds are height adjustable, but I left the geese at the same height they were in the neighbourhood, because that seemed about right to me (I live right in a primary Canada Geese flight path) and I didn't want them colliding with high buildings such as castles! You could also lower them somewhat with underground OMSPs.

The balloon is unfortunately not height adjustable, and it is indeed a long way up - too far up for my taste. Why EA made some of the effects height adjustable (i.e. sensitive to the height of where the controller rests on the terrain) and others of fixed height is beyond me.
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th May 2013 at 6:14 AM
Hi,

I love the effects, but I'm experiencing a problem. The seagull effect seems to cause a jump bug with any skunk visiting a lot. The skunk will walk around the lot and will randomly jump. When I delete the seagull tile the skunk functions properly. I've tested this on a neighborhood with no custom content to make sure. It's not a major glitch, but I thought you should know.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:56 PM
Now that I think of it, I noticed a slight jump bug effect with the skunk as well. I think it was with the wild geese, since that was the one I was trying to get to work. I'll re-check on the lot again. Like nooobody says, it's not a mind-bogglingly major glitch, however.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th May 2013 at 5:59 PM
Jumping skunks! That is a strange one - I'll check into this later today.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:16 AM
"Engage the tractor beam, Mr. Sulu!" omg ily
Theorist
Original Poster
#71 Old 26th May 2013 at 7:45 AM
Stinky Skunk Bugfix: May 25, 2013
Stinky Skunk Bugfix: May 25, 2013

Thanks to the bug reports from nooobody and gazania, I have posted an update to all the files in this archive so that Stinky Skunk no longer has a jump bug when the animal appears on a lot where one of these effects is in use.

If any of these effects is present on a lot and the associated file is removed from Downloads, the object will revert to being a patch of flowers. Nothing wrong with that, but in addition I unwisely categorized each object as a patch of flowers in their Init BHAVs. When Stinky Skunk appears on a lot, the creature searches for something to eat, and in this case attempted to eat from the effects tiles as if they were flowers. Since there is no code to support the skunk eating from an effects tile, this caused a jump bug error. All that was needed to prevent this was to remove one line of code from each Init.
Theorist
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 10:14 PM
Default Apocalyptic Effects, Trashamatic Recolours & Decorative Junk

Apocalyptic Effects Stinky Skunk Bugfix: June 4, 2013

Thanks to the bug reports from nooobody and gazania concerning these Down from the 'Hood effects, I have posted a similar update for all the original Apocalyptic Effects also.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 8:20 PM
Can't wait to try these out! Will definitely be using these in my machinima.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 12:21 PM
This is just absolutely amazing!
You are defantely extreamly talented. Thank you very much for making this. ^_^
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 6:35 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, fenderchick and zippoxb.
Page 3 of 5