Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-in-One Occult Hybrid Stabilizer

by Iced Cream Posted 30th Sep 2020 at 4:56 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2022 at 7:34 AM by Iced Cream

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 175 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 7:57 PM
Hello I would like to report an issue, I had your mod installed and turned a human sim into a vamp, but then they got the vampire perks but kept all of their human needs. removing the mod and resetting the vamp status (taking it off and putting it back on the sim) fixed it, however if this happens to any newly created vampires it's unplayable since townies or unplayed sims won't have their vampire energy or removal of bladder and hunger needs.. thank you for making this mod tho!! i hope it will be fixed in the future :3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VivuKeks
Hello I would like to report an issue, I had your mod installed and turned a human sim into a vamp, but then they got the vampire perks but kept all of their human needs. removing the mod and resetting the vamp status (taking it off and putting it back on the sim) fixed it, however if this happens to any newly created vampires it's unplayable since townies or unplayed sims won't have their vampire energy or removal of bladder and hunger needs.. thank you for making this mod tho!! i hope it will be fixed in the future :3

Thanks for the report. It should now be fixed in the latest release.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:46 PM
This mod is really the perfect thing I waited for so long, always liked hybrids in sims 3 and trying it in sims 4 was a nightmare. This mod fix almost everything, thank you so much.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:07 AM Last edited by pocketflower : 17th Nov 2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason: additional information
game not starting
Hey!! So i downloaded this mod because it's just what I'm looking for. but today (and last night) when I tried playing with it installed, i was unable to. when i'd click on my last played household, i get taken back to "residential worlds" and when i try again (without restarting the game, just clicking on a world & playing an existing household that isn't mine), i get this error code 102:78b59511:6a1295c. i removed all my mods and did a 50/50, found out that the hybrid stabilizer caused the problem. i removed all other occult mod to play with this one only (plus mc_occult) but the same thing happened and I couldn't play the game. i tried to play with all mods removed except for this one and reward store occult, and got stuck on a loading screen for a while. i uninstalled and re-installed the game and tried again, but no use. I'm not sure why I'm the only one experiencing this issue, but yeah.
it's such a great and useful mod, so thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pocketflower
Hey!! So i downloaded this mod because it's just what I'm looking for. but today (and last night) when I tried playing with it installed, i was unable to. when i'd click on my last played household, i get taken back to "residential worlds" and when i try again (without restarting the game, just clicking on a world & playing an existing household that isn't mine), i get this error code 102:78b59511:6a1295c. i removed all my mods and did a 50/50, found out that the hybrid stabilizer caused the problem. i removed all other occult mod to play with this one only (plus mc_occult) but the same thing happened and I couldn't play the game. i tried to play with all mods removed except for this one and reward store occult, and got stuck on a loading screen for a while. i uninstalled and re-installed the game and tried again, but no use. I'm not sure why I'm the only one experiencing this issue, but yeah.
it's such a great and useful mod, so thank you!

I've released a new version to deal with more Snowy Escape bugs.
Be sure you aren't using any of my older mods together with this one, such as Mermaid Hybrid Stabilizer, as they modify the same script functions.
Also be sure to clear out the following cache files in your Sims 4 folder: localthumbcache (should be deleted regularly anyway), avatarcache, ClientDB, any files in the cache folder, any file in the onlinethumbnailcache folder, and any file except spotlight in the cachestr folder.

First, try to trigger the error again with the new version of the mod. If it happens again, check your folder for a lastexception file. If there is one, check the date to make sure it was created at that moment from the failure to load, and send me it in a private message so I can see what the exact issue is,

If your game still doesn't start, try starting a new save to see if the problem is with the mods or the save itself.
If you can load into a new game just fine, then the problem is in the save file.
Consider sending it to me so I can identify the exact problem.
There might be a corrupted sim in your save file that the mod is catching but is unable to fix.

If the problem isn't the save file, message me a list of your installed packs.
I know EA didn't test Snowy Escape with all packs installed, so there might be a strange interaction with certain combinations of packs that I might need to investigate.

The latest sims 4 patch has been buggy in general with random crashes and various build mode errors (including the massive lag in buy mode).
EA is releasing a new patch next week to fix some of the major issues with the game, so if all else fails you can try waiting until then.
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
I've released a new version to deal with more Snowy Escape bugs.
Be sure you aren't using any of my older mods together with this one, such as Mermaid Hybrid Stabilizer, as they modify the same script functions.
Also be sure to clear out the following cache files in your Sims 4 folder: localthumbcache (should be deleted regularly anyway), avatarcache, ClientDB, any files in the cache folder, any file in the onlinethumbnailcache folder, and any file except spotlight in the cachestr folder.

First, try to trigger the error again with the new version of the mod. If it happens again, check your folder for a lastexception file. If there is one, check the date to make sure it was created at that moment from the failure to load, and send me it in a private message so I can see what the exact issue is,

If your game still doesn't start, try starting a new save to see if the problem is with the mods or the save itself.
If you can load into a new game just fine, then the problem is in the save file.
Consider sending it to me so I can identify the exact problem.
There might be a corrupted sim in your save file that the mod is catching but is unable to fix.

If the problem isn't the save file, message me a list of your installed packs.
I know EA didn't test Snowy Escape with all packs installed, so there might be a strange interaction with certain combinations of packs that I might need to investigate.

The latest sims 4 patch has been buggy in general with random crashes and various build mode errors (including the massive lag in buy mode).
EA is releasing a new patch next week to fix some of the major issues with the game, so if all else fails you can try waiting until then.

Hey! Thank you for replying! I've just re-installed the mod & the game now works perfectly fine! I'm not really sure what it was before tbh, but I re-installed all updated mods and your other mods that I use.
Thank you very much for all your hard work! If there'll be a new update next week, I'll look forward to it.
Thanks once again! <3
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 10:58 PM
Hi! I just downloaded the mod and so far its great, it helped me with the annoying glitches a lot, so thank you! But i wanted my sim to be a mermaid/vampire hybrid and the vampire points, rank and perk tree are not there, not even in dark form. It's just Vampire Energy, Thirst, Social, Hydration and Fun. When I use cheats and remove the mermaid occult, normal vampire ui pops up. Just wondering if it's a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beauxblow
Hi! I just downloaded the mod and so far its great, it helped me with the annoying glitches a lot, so thank you! But i wanted my sim to be a mermaid/vampire hybrid and the vampire points, rank and perk tree are not there, not even in dark form. It's just Vampire Energy, Thirst, Social, Hydration and Fun. When I use cheats and remove the mermaid occult, normal vampire ui pops up. Just wondering if it's a bug or am I doing something wrong?

There may be a mod interfering with the occult display.
If the new update doesn't work, you can use the "Show motive overlay" interaction to force the perk bar to appear.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 3:08 AM
There may be a mod interfering with the occult display.
If the new update doesn't work, you can use the "Show motive overlay" interaction to force the perk bar to appear.

I don't have any other mods installed, just the hybrid ones, but the update helped, thanks. Unfortunatelly now other problem occured. Vampire/mermaid hybrid propely shows the vampire perk, but now the mermaid/spellcaster one stopped working. My other sim, who used to be a mermaid/spellcaster, is now just a mermaid, can't use spells, but still teleports for some reason. I tried to add an occult via occult menu and it helps, but only untill sim enters the water or a tub and gets his tail. After that he loses his witch powers and the spellcaster perk turns into normal mermaid needs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beauxblow
I don't have any other mods installed, just the hybrid ones, but the update helped, thanks. Unfortunatelly now other problem occured. Vampire/mermaid hybrid propely shows the vampire perk, but now the mermaid/spellcaster one stopped working. My other sim, who used to be a mermaid/spellcaster, is now just a mermaid, can't use spells, but still teleports for some reason. I tried to add an occult via occult menu and it helps, but only untill sim enters the water or a tub and gets his tail. After that he loses his witch powers and the spellcaster perk turns into normal mermaid needs.

There is now a new update available which fixes some bugs that players have reported. Please let me know if you are still having issues after updating.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 9:47 PM
There is now a new update available which fixes some bugs that players have reported. Please let me know if you are still having issues after updating.

The update fixed it for me, thank you! If I find anything else I'll let you know.
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 2:34 PM
Love the idea of the mod but I'm running into an issue. I created a vampire sim in cas (male, young adult), then added them to the world (new game). Once there I used the new occult pie menu to make them a spellcaster (so end up with vamp/spellcaster hybrid). I noticed that my sim ended up with all game traits. Not sure if it added traits from mods, but it definitely added all base game and official pack traits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SRAYesmanSIMS
Love the idea of the mod but I'm running into an issue. I created a vampire sim in cas (male, young adult), then added them to the world (new game). Once there I used the new occult pie menu to make them a spellcaster (so end up with vamp/spellcaster hybrid). I noticed that my sim ended up with all game traits. Not sure if it added traits from mods, but it definitely added all base game and official pack traits.

I'm not able to replicate this bug. Could you give me more information so I can trigger this bug myself?
  • Are you using the latest version of the mod?
  • Which traits did your sim have?
  • Which occults do you have installed? (Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters)
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:33 PM
I'm not able to replicate this bug. Could you give me more information so I can trigger this bug myself?
  • Are you using the latest version of the mod?
  • Which traits did your sim have?
  • Which occults do you have installed? (Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters)

1) Using latest version of mod. Also current version of Sims 4 and all packs,
2) Added in CAS - Master Vampire, Outgoing, Geek, Creative.
3) Have all occult packs installed. In this particular case, I created a male, young adult vampire in CAS. I then started a new game for the household (8 members, no other occults other than the vampire). Before adding anything in build mode, I turned on testing cheats and bb.moveobjects. I then added spellcaster to the vampire sim through Occult menu option. It added all traits and even popped up the "Most interesting man in the world" alert.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 11:57 PM
1) Using latest version of mod. Also current version of Sims 4 and all packs,
2) Added in CAS - Master Vampire, Outgoing, Geek, Creative.
3) Have all occult packs installed. In this particular case, I created a male, young adult vampire in CAS. I then started a new game for the household (8 members, no other occults other than the vampire). Before adding anything in build mode, I turned on testing cheats and bb.moveobjects. I then added spellcaster to the vampire sim through Occult menu option. It added all traits and even popped up the "Most interesting man in the world" alert.

I can't seem to replicate this issue.

Please use the following command on a pure vampire and tell if if the issue still happens:
traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult -or- traits.equip_trait 213050
This should force-equip the spellcaster trait onto the vampire.

If the issue happens again, it may be from a corrupt game install or conflicting/outdated mod.

If it doesn't happen, then it would let me know that there is some strange conflict with the interaction and custom mod traits that I'd need to address in a later update.
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:13 AM
I can't seem to replicate this issue.

Please use the following command on a pure vampire and tell if if the issue still happens:
traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult -or- traits.equip_trait 213050
This should force-equip the spellcaster trait onto the vampire.

If the issue happens again, it may be from a corrupt game install or conflicting/outdated mod.

If it doesn't happen, then it would let me know that there is some strange conflict with the interaction and custom mod traits that I'd need to address in a later update.

Using the manual method (traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult) seems to work fine. However, the Occult Menu version still adds all traits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 4:44 AM
Using the manual method (traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult) seems to work fine. However, the Occult Menu version still adds all traits.

Please download the attached version of the mod and test out the interaction.

I believe I've identified the cause of this strange bug.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  IcedCream_Hybrid.zip (75.0 KB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:23 AM
Please download the attached version of the mod and test out the interaction.

I believe I've identified the cause of this strange bug.

That test version seems to have worked fine. It added the spellcaster traits to my vampire sim without adding all other traits. Thanks you for your work.
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:18 AM
Thank you for this mod! Could you please hide hybrid menu so it will apper only when shift+click on sim? Mod really helps with hybrids, but I don't need it's functionality every time I click on sim. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KissaLopa
Thank you for this mod! Could you please hide hybrid menu so it will apper only when shift+click on sim? Mod really helps with hybrids, but I don't need it's functionality every time I click on sim. Thank you!

Here is a version of the .package file which turns all the interactions into cheat interactions. Simply replace the .package file of the current installation.
You will need testing cheats on to see these interactions.

I'll see if I can add an option in the .INI file in a later update to let players choose if they want the options to always be available or shift+click.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [Iced Cream] Hybrid.zip (59.3 KB, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 8:57 PM
Here is a version of the .package file which turns all the interactions into cheat interactions. Simply replace the .package file of the current installation.
You will need testing cheats on to see these interactions.

I'll see if I can add an option in the .INI file in a later update to let players choose if they want the options to always be available or shift+click.

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 8:23 PM
Thank you soooo much for this mod. Now I can finally enter cas without messing up all my hybrids I've had for so long. xD
And also thank you for the shift+click version.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 12:38 AM
Did you see the patch notes?

Quote:
Mermaids and other Occults should no longer be able to make hybrid occults. How were they making them? Oh boy, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to give you the mermaid-birds and spellcaster-bees talk.

I'm not sure if this affects your mod but thought I'd give you a heads up in case it does.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 3:18 AM
I cannot seem to make hybrids biologically anymore, only if both parents were occults and even then at least one of them has to be a hybrid already . does anyone know how to make the traits be compatible throught breeding? Also probably the best mod that i use is this one jeje thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 11:30 AM
I'm scared of updating the game after the update cause of "Mermaids and other Occults should no longer be able to make hybrid occults."
Does anyone know if we still can make hybrids via adding trait or this mod? :o
Page 2 of 10