Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"CounterCulture" Modular Kitchen Set *UPD 20mar08*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 24th Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2008 at 9:03 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Fridge updated to FreeTime

248 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 244 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Field Researcher
#76 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isabella_81
Dose this show up in the original counters in the game, or will it have the little star to let you know it is custom?

They are all custom objects and show up in sycamorepearl color (pink) with the little star.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#77 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 11:09 PM
Hi first off I think the counters are awesome!!
I did a recolor and found when I put the counters in the corner (3 of the same counter) it shows a back trim on one side of the corner counter?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#78 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 11:44 PM
this is made on purpose as that object is mainly a connecting element.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#79 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 12:11 AM
Yes, Fat_D is right.

To be precise, the "NoBackTrim" corner is supposed to have always one side against a wall: infact, if there is no wall on either sides of the corner, you'd better use an Island, to create the corner; and if both sides of the corner are placed against a wall, then you'd better use a Maxis counter.

Look at the attached screenshots to see the proper usage of the various elements:
- the items in green are the Maxis counters (always against a wall)
- the items in red are the "NoBackTrim" counters (always far from the wall, except the corner, that has only one side against the wall)
- the items in white are the Slim Islands (always far from wall, including the corner)
Screenshots

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#80 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:24 AM
ahhhh cool so what your saying is when using your tops one side has to be next to a wall when its used as a corner but if your putting in a duel sided wall corner your better off using the basic top.

and if your placing it in a corner that has no walls that you should use an island (provided your game can use them to corner)?

thats cool ... guess i need to buy NL haha
Field Researcher
#81 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:44 AM
Thank you FatD and Numenor for the explanation I understand now

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:19 AM
Great Job! I wish the people at Maxis would take a que from some of the work creators like you do!! :sci:
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 4:14 AM
This is absolutely fantastic work thank you. Now my kitchens will look how they are spose too. :D
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Yes, Fat_D is right.

To be precise, the "NoBackTrim" corner is supposed to have always one side against a wall: infact, if there is no wall on either sides of the corner, you'd better use an Island, to create the corner; and if both sides of the corner are placed against a wall, then you'd better use a Maxis counter.

Look at the attached screenshots to see the proper usage of the various elements:
- the items in green are the Maxis counters (always against a wall)
- the items in red are the "NoBackTrim" counters (always far from the wall, except the corner, that has only one side against the wall)
- the items in white are the Slim Islands (always far from wall, including the corner)

I love the counters. Simply Awesome. But I have many "L" type corners that would need the Maxis counters to not look odd. I'm still going to use these counters against two walls whenever possible just for the use of the corners but I noticed (I think it was Fat D) had something for corner use. I was wondering if there might be something in the works so that you could use a corner for the Maxis counters that would not interfere with these counters. So when you do have to use the Maxis ones, you could still use the corners. I know it's pushing it but I was just wondering. Either way, I still think the counters are great and plan on using them all over the place.

A little something amusing btw. Right above the original message above from Numenor, you'll see a message from Fat D. If you are reading these messages straight down all you see is ... (from the bottom little script from Fat D's message) I do not have an underscore in my name! Then exactly underneath it, all you see is ... Yes, Fat_D is right.

Lol. Just thought I'd share.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
They are all custom objects and show up in sycamorepearl color (pink) with the little star.

Thanks for the quick response. I will retry putting them into my game. Hope they work!
Instructor
#86 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 7:21 AM
Great work, thank you!
Forum Resident
#87 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 9:14 AM
Bunny, I added this to my signature when I saw him using it again.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#88 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:01 AM
Oh, you don't have an underscore in your name! Lol! Sorry :p

Bunny, this project is still in progress: many other additions will be made; amongst them, we'll add counter corners with no back trim at all, hanging cabinets and lots of other stuff.

And regarding the usable corners for the Maxis corners, I've asked to Fat D (without underscore :D) to remove the mod he made, because I'm going to release a bigger mod that will implement usable corners for *all* the MAxis counters, including the CounteCulture ones.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#89 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:30 AM
A really great idea! Now I know I was longing for this whithout knowing that til now... Big thank from me
Forum Resident
#90 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:32 AM
Don't worry about the underscore, now you know and it's fine.

I write Unibrowed_Penguin's (TS1 moderator at simlogical) name without underscore whenever I spell it out (except this time)
Test Subject
#91 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Bunnysays : 26th Mar 2006 at 1:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
Don't worry about the underscore, now you know and it's fine.

I write Unibrowed_Penguin's (TS1 moderator at simlogical) name without underscore whenever I spell it out (except this time)

I wouldn't have brought it up but I just noticed it and thought it was funny. It even looked like a response to your subscript when I scrolled fast:
"I do not have an underscore in my name!"
"Yes, Fat_D is right ... he does not have an underscore in his name..."

Lol.

Numenor: Thank you so much. That's really awesome to know. And it's great that all of you plan on doing all of that. I really appreciate all the effort everyone is putting into this work and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

And thanks Fat D for being so gracious to hold up on your work so that there could be additional work done and there wouldn't be any conflicts.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 2:27 PM
... we'll add counter corners with no back trim at all

Yes, of course

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 2:42 PM
Thanks for your hard work! This set is marvellous!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:56 PM
And regarding the usable corners for the Maxis corners, I've asked to Fat D (without underscore :D) to remove the mod he made, because I'm going to release a bigger mod that will implement usable corners for *all* the MAxis counters, including the CounteCulture ones.

And maybe the Scarborough collection counters as well? Please? Pretty please? Please with a pint of beer on top?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Instructor
#95 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:26 PM
Looks amazingly good. Thank you both so much!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 8:28 PM
This is fantastic!!!!! Thank you so very much!!!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM
This is fantastic!!!! I don't know how you guys keep coming up with the goods, but I applaud you for it. Thanks
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:50 AM
I hate to be annoying, and if this isn't possible that is fine, but I don't understand rar files at all. Therefore, I can only download zipped.
Is there any way you could make this a zip file? I would be forever grateful.

If not, thats okay too...fantastic idea too.
Test Subject
#99 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 1:48 AM
YEAH Another great set from the pros! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#100 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 2:27 AM
OMFG and yet again i must asked WHY dont you work for maxis X_X WW should hire you to do his crazy insane content that pwns!!! haha i would love to see the counters your playing with this sounds like a good year to buy all the sim expantion packs haha :P
Page 4 of 10