Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 11:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to clean up TSR lots?
Hi! I've been looking for a recreation of 5 Sim Lane, Sims 1's Goth house, and I found this one in The Sims Resource. I've heard that downloading Sims 2 stuff from there is known to be sketchy, buggy, and so on (specially if it's old), so I can't help myself but ask: how to safely play them?

Also, if you have better (and more accurate) representations of the house, please leave them below But then again, if that happens, someone should move this to WCIF.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 4:22 PM
Yes, sometimes stuff from TSR can be sketchy, but it's not 100% guaranteed to be a risk. I haven't downloaded lots from there, but I have downloaded plenty of other things with no issues.

Anyway, when installing lots, I highly recommend that you use the TS2 Clean Installer (link to that is here, in case the link doesn't auto generate). With the Clean Installer you can see what files are packaged with the house and know exactly what you're installing. You can even choose to install the lot without any packaged cc.

If you're still worried after using the Clean Installer and checking the download, I would test the lot in a clean and empty test hood first, and then run Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner. Open the lot in build/buy mode and click on the cleaner to run it (I believe it looks like a big globe). I also recommend Chris Hatch's Super Duper Hug Test. That mod will run in background of your game and looks for the super duper hug bug. So if an old lot like the one you're downloading has it, it'll find it and remove it. After running those mods, save the cleaned lot and make a new copy for your regular game.

I think you could reasonably say the lot is okay to play if you do all of that.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
Hi! I've been looking for a recreation of 5 Sim Lane, Sims 1's Goth house, and I found this one in The Sims Resource. I've heard that downloading Sims 2 stuff from there is known to be sketchy, buggy, and so on (specially if it's old), so I can't help myself but ask: how to safely play them?

Also, if you have better (and more accurate) representations of the house, please leave them below But then again, if that happens, someone should move this to WCIF.

Here is the link to my journal which has a link to my lot cleaning tutorial https://modthesims.info/m/1433933 You will also see there a link to the lot cleaner globe. If you use those two, the add on to the Lot Compressor and the globe your lot will be as clean as you can make it.
You need
1)simPE
2)Lot Compressor
3)The add on ^
4)The lot cleaner globe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~