Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 6:47 PM
Default Red (crimson) sash for 18th-C officers
In the era before rank insignia, officers were distinguished from the men under them by other means - epaulettes, nicer uniforms, sometimes different hats, but in the 18th & 19th Centuries, mostly by the wearing of a crimson sash at the waist, over their uniform. I believe this continues today in the British Army, for dress uni purposes, only possibly over the shoulder instead. The sergeants wore something similar, only with a different color stripe down the middle, identifying their regiment. This would be an accessory, preferably stackable with epaulettes and other frippery. Possibly something exists in "Pirates of the Caribbean" Sim circles, as pirates are often (rightly or wrongly) depicted as wearing such "gaudy" accessories. My screenshot: an artillery officer with a red sash around his waist.
Screenshots

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice:
pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 12:43 PM
Not an accessory, but without the top the bottom is fairly generic (and includes the sash). https://www.thesimsresource.com/mem...cket/id/714894/

You'd just need to remove the tails from the backside.

Older eras' uniforms seem to be few and far between, unfortunately. This was the only regency uniform I could find when I was searching for them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 6:48 PM
Super cool! Actually, I do have a fairly good 18th C. British uniform, albeit with a green tartan waistcoat, which is way wrong, but ignorable. Can't recall where it came from. And some of Heget's coats can pass for 1750-ish French military, if you squint your eyes a little. All About Style had some good civilian Regency stuff, but no military - like you, I've never seen anything like this before. So... thanks! TSR website stopped working for my browser a long time ago, so I rarely look for anything there, but... now that MTS doesn't work on my laptop anymore either, and I have to browse for stuff there on my phone anyway... I should just take a look at the Resource once in a while too, I guess.
Grrr... now I'm going to want to do a whole Regency hood. Only, I might have to find someone to do a green recolor, so I can have Sharpe and his 95th Rifles buddies...

Seriously, that's awesome. Not the era I was looking for, but I'm a history nut, so of course I downloaded it anyway.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 9:22 AM
I thought that maybe the bottoms with the sash might be generic enough to fit more than one era. I would be interested in your 18th C. uniform, if you remember where you got it from.

I just checked out some of the TSR person's other stuff and they actually have a few more uniforms for adults and teens. https://www.thesimsresource.com/mem...ing-male-adult/
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 4:15 PM
Weirdly, the 6th Doctor (Colin Baker) from that creator looks, at a glance, quite a bit like that British uniform I mentioned, with the yellow cuffs. Only it has a green plaid waistcoat instead of a red one.
I'll have to see what those Caribbean Pirates and Hornblower outfits look like in-game; from this one, it sort of seems like the coat tails are painted right onto the trouser tops Definitely worth a look, though - and you know I'm going to download all those Doctor Who suits! I have seen this creator's stuff before - I have the Compo outfit. Thanks!
Screenshots

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 4:35 PM
Wow - they even have Dougal from Father Ted… I can see some Craggy Isle characters in my future…

I’ll get a screenshot of the British uniform in my game, next to the Colin Baker one.