Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#3426 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
My sims babies were born with hair wrapped around them, like a blanket! I tried giving them a bath but it just stayed on. When my sim was pregnant i used squibs hack to make her wear normal clothes. I also used forcetwins. Help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3427 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
Neerie, Your script is probably the UGO ad.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3428 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:14 PM
heartya12, try working through the game problem FAQ: http://linna.modthesims.info/wiki.p...lp:Game_Problem (Be sure to back up your game first. It's the first step in the FAQ.)

If none of the solutions there work, then post in the Game Help forum (linked at the end of the FAQ).
Test Subject
#3429 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:38 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
#3430 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:59 AM
This is probably really stupid, but are TS2 downloads compatible with Sims Life Stories?
Instructor
#3431 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:39 AM
RavenOfLorien, have a look at this post by HystericalParoxysm:

Life Stories & Stories Series Objects - EP Objects - EA Store Objects
Lab Assistant
#3432 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:37 PM
Okay, this is driving me nuts. I'm trying to search for this particular expression. I have a bunch of pose boxes that I use and I've been going through as many of them as possible last night, but I don't know how I got this expression <-- link goes to a jpg.

It'd be awesome if anyone can help me out on this.
Lab Assistant
#3433 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
I have to ask now:
What is a 'Nintendork'?
My guess: It has something to do with nintendo but what?
Site Helper
#3434 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
There is a social group called "Nintendorks" here for Nintendo fans. (Or at least anybody who has ever heard of Nintendo and likes having fun.) If you check the new posts in social groups, about 80% of them will probably be in Nintendorks.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#3435 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:04 PM
Thanks, Ghost sdoj, that's why I've asked. All of these new posts in social groups -are- from nintendorks, that's why I had to ask. I wanted to know what makes them about the only really, really aktive threads here - besides Sim 3 of course.
So they are just nintendo fans, huh? Wonder why they don't want to talk with the rest of us.... Is there really -that- much nintendo stuff to talk about?
Field Researcher
#3436 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:32 PM
Two of my sims got engaged, but the male sim didn't get an engagement ring... others have gotten rings before, so why didn't he? O_o There is a ring symbol where the red "love" heart used to be on the picture of the girl in the relationship bar, so obviously he _is_ engaged to her, but... no ring??
Lab Assistant
#3437 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
What folder are in-game snapshots found in?
Test Subject
#3438 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustang34
What folder are in-game snapshots found in?

Open the launcher, and click on uploads. Click on a picture or video, and click show file. Then, a folder with all your screenshots will come up. I recommend to copy them to the desktop, and then upload them.
Top Secret Researcher
#3439 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
How many uploads must a person have to be able to put together their personal picks on their profile?

ENTJ
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3440 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:38 AM
Lavaster, this thread is for random questions about TS2 gameplay. If you have a question about MTS site policies, please post in Site Issues.
Site Helper
#3441 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MosconeCtr
Thanks, Ghost sdoj, that's why I've asked. All of these new posts in social groups -are- from nintendorks, that's why I had to ask. I wanted to know what makes them about the only really, really aktive threads here - besides Sim 3 of course.
So they are just nintendo fans, huh? Wonder why they don't want to talk with the rest of us.... Is there really -that- much nintendo stuff to talk about?

They do talk to the rest of us, and yes. There really is that much Nintendo stuff to talk about. (Although they have also branched out into forum games.)

I suppose the main reason they are so active is because they are having a lot of fun.

Top Secret Researcher
#3442 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Lavaster, this thread is for random questions about TS2 gameplay. If you have a question about MTS site policies, please post in Site Issues.

Oh. Someone told me I -could- ask here. Guess not.

ENTJ
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3443 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM
Sorry for the mixed messages, Lavaster. The benefit to posting your question in the appropriate forum instead of this catch-all thread for Sims 2 gameplay is that the people who run the site and make the policies read Site Issues religiously.
Lab Assistant
#3444 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
Thanks nickdog76. Gah I had another question, but i forgot... Oh yeah! How do you reduce the filesize of a picture?
Lab Assistant
#3445 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustang34
Thanks nickdog76. Gah I had another question, but i forgot... Oh yeah! How do you reduce the filesize of a picture?

I believe that you go up into "options" and you are able to change the size and/or quality of snapshots.
Site Helper
#3446 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM
You can also change the format to change the filesize. (Unless it's a gif animation, where the best you can do is change some colors or use an optimizer on it.)
Going from .bmp to .jpg 95 will have a very negligible effect on quality, but cut file size by almost half. .gif gets even smaller, but the quality does suffer noticeably.

But you have to do it in a paint program, since the game only saves as .bmp

Lab Assistant
#3447 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:12 PM
how do you get into the WCIF forum on this new site, I can't find it?
Lab Assistant
#3448 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dundoniandood
how do you get into the WCIF forum on this new site, I can't find it?

Just found it!
Test Subject
#3449 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:53 PM
Can hotels lots be placed or created in Non-vacation neighbourhoods without being glitched?

Field Researcher
#3450 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM
Help, I think I have an invisible Sim on my lot! A member of a large family went to the night club with the helicopter. Well as he was lifting, another family member came home from work and had brought a friend. They were still outside the house when I left the lot. When the Sim that went away came back, the time should be exactly the same as when he left and everything should be the same, eh? Well _no_, the Sim that came home from work was still there, in the same spot, but the friend he invited home from work was gone. Nowhere to be found. Oh well, I didn't think it was a biggy, I thought maybe that's what happens with these colleagues if you leave before they're inside the house or something. But now, every time the family has a guest (just one) and want him or her to leave, the choice isn't to "say goodbye", but "say goodbye to... name/everyone". Well there only IS one guest, why the everyone?? Before it has always been just the "say goodbye", if they only have one guest. So it seems like there would be someone else on the lot that can't be seen... and that won't leave even if I choose "say goodbye to... everyone", 'cause the next time it's the same thing. Everyone again. WTF? What can I do? Is the friend from work still somewhere around, invisible and stuck??

Oh and another question: a family member befriended the mailman, and I made him selectable to get them to be friends faster by dragging the relationship bars... well anyway, while I was at it I thought I'd max his aspiration too. So I did... but the odd thing was, it didn't last many seconds before it plummited down again, really fast. I tried many times, but it just couldn't stay maxed, it went back to nothing every time. Is there something wrong with him, or is my lot completely buggy?? All the family members on the lot are permaplat, so I don't know if they'd have the same problem. Earlier guests haven't.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 138 of 1000