Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3451 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurensimslikemad
Can hotels lots be placed or created in Non-vacation neighbourhoods without being glitched?

Hotels can be built and placed in non-vacation hoods but there are restrictions on how they can be used as far as I remember.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3452 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
And yet another problem... a couple got engaged, he got a good memory, she got a bad one; she's NOT a romance sim (they're both popularity sims), and getting engaged does NOT conflict with her lifetime want... what could have caused this?? They've been together for ages already, they're in love, their relationship is doing great (100/100), they're BFF... so why the **** didn't she like getting engaged?! I exited without saving... but it would be a pity if they never can get engaged. It would bother me if she had a bad memory of it, so if this can't be fixed, they'll have to stay single forever...
Instructor
#3453 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:21 PM
Okay zumppe, I have ideas for a couple of your problems, First, the possible stuck sim and it saying "Say goodbye to everyone," try using the Insim, Simblender or whatever, to delete all visitors. Save, exit and then see if that helps.

As far as the bad memory for engagement, timing and location I think may also play a part on whether the sim views it as good or bad. Especially if the sim who had the bad memory is in college. Try proposing in a different setting, or wait until they've aged (if they're not adult already) and see how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#3454 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:29 AM
Okay so this really scared me, I thought my computer was going to crash.

One of my sims is the son of the grim reaper, via the tombstone thing, and I sent him to college. Well, I suppose his father was the one picked to drop him off, and since his dad was the grim, nothing showed up. The first time it just had one of those error messages and since it was in the "close up" shot, I couldn't press anything so I had to close the entire game and restart it.

Then, I went back to the college and movied him out of the dorm, and figuring the whole screen thing was done I moved him into a house. Then it happened again and the guy turned invisable and I didn't have a bar at the bottom. I sent him to a community lot thinking if a loading screen came up it would solve it, but he never left.

The game crashed and my computer went all funky.

It may sound confusing, it's really hard to describe what exactly happened, but I'm really attached to this sim and want to play him, but not at the expense of my computer. =[ Please help.
Instructor
#3455 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM
xemptybrkneyesx, have a look through the Sims 2 Game Help pages. You will most likely find your answer there. If not, there is a link at the bottom of the page to the game help forum.
Field Researcher
#3456 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:11 AM Last edited by zumppe : 1st Jul 2009 at 5:10 AM.
Thanks for answering, rosesforme17! Okay, I'll have to look into Insim and Simblender... haven't got either one of those and don't know anything about them, so it'll take a while, haha! :D

The engaged couple are both adults, and live on a "normal" lot. I'll try some other situation though, maybe she'll feel better about it then!

Edit: I tried again (third time...) in a different situation, and they both got good memories. Yay!

I think my lot/family/game/whatev is really screwed up though, things happen like one of the sims gets one of those work questions, the last one was about DNA splicing and genes... umm, he's a SPACE PIRATE??! Also, the amount of attraction bolts keeps changing... a girl in the household might have no bolts or just one for one of the guys in the household one day, and two bolts the next... hasn't happened before, just started yesterday.
The family also complain about something being in the way a lot now, strange. Can't see anything though... and it's not just one spot but varies.
Oddly enough there seems to be a lot more oddities now since the family came back from their first vacation! I never had anyone on vacation before, just added the vacation locations yesterday. (There was a weird thing at the hotel... a thought bubble that appeared over and over again, but nobody was there!?)

There are also problems on community lots, like people getting errors every time they try to make out in a hot tub... or freezing on the dance floor so that I have to force error and reset them... oh yes and the old lady (Denise Jacquet) who throws an error every time she appears somewhere, and has to be deleted (reset won't help).

Is there some way I could "de-bug" my game/lot? I really don't want any more problems.
(I have all EP:s, four stuff packs, all patches, and a boatload of downloads, hacks and mods, the newest being the ACR/romance mod/noinstantloves-combo from a couple of weeks back)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3457 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:36 AM
zumppe, please post game problems in the Game Help subforum. This thread is specifically for questions about gameplay, not game glitches.
Field Researcher
#3458 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:17 PM
Oops, sorry for posting in the wrong forum... *blush* Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I guess I just felt so at home here in the Stupid Questions section with my stupid questions...
Test Subject
#3459 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:59 PM
My question is if a joined union between sims will count towards the parent's "Marry off 6 Children" want?
Test Subject
#3460 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM
That's a good question! I don't know, but considering the circumstances, that might be true.

My question...I'm about to install Seasons, and I've been filled with horror stories about the Ottomas family and their various issues. Does the Seasons patch *really* fix Samantha Ottomas's pregnancy/Ottomas issues, and if it doesn't, will deleting them before they have a chance to escape the Simbin get rid of issues with them? If not, what is the best way to fix/get rid of them? I really don't want them to mess up my hoods. .____.

Also known as Skuld Lunrix, just using my MTS2 account from now on ^_^;
Test Subject
#3461 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:34 PM
Is there a faster way for putting up wall paper in a room?
Lab Assistant
#3462 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
How do i get into WCIF on this forum without posting or finding a link like in this one
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3463 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dundoniandood
How do i get into WCIF on this forum without posting or finding a link like in this one

The link is under the "Help" options in the top menu.

Quote: Originally posted by shatim5497
Is there a faster way for putting up wall paper in a room?

Shift-click will cover the walls or floors of an entire room with the selected covering.
Lab Assistant
#3464 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM Last edited by SBE : 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:06 AM.
Some of my lots don't meet up right with the ones next to them, I've noticed this happens mostly on lots that I've zoned to apartments (it looked fine before I rezoned the lot) can anyone tell me why it does this?

Apartment lot in question and the lot next to it that looks fine.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3465 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:41 PM
SBE - this is a problem that occurs with apartments on beach lots, apartments on uneven terrain, and apartments with basements. Mootilda provided a tutorial for fixing it: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=302405
Lab Assistant
#3466 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM
mangaroo - Wow, thanks! And I'm sorry but I'm going to ask another question. It says "pick up the occupied apartment" how do I do that? Is it done with a cheat?
Site Helper
#3467 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
Isn't it done the same way as any other occupied lot? Go to the lots and houses bin and use the icon with four arrows to move/rotate the lot?

(NOT the one with the single arrow that puts it in the lots and houses bin!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3468 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
Hi there!

I want to buy sims university, but first i would like to know if they can have a band as a carrer.
they can be musicians right?
Site Helper
#3469 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:03 PM
yes, but the musician career came with Free Time.

But if you have a good charisma and creativity score, you can make lot of money playing for tips on a community lot. Getting a group of friends and playing for tips works just as well as having a career. And you set your own hours.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#3470 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
yes, but the musician career came with Free Time.

But if you have a good charisma and creativity score, you can make lot of money playing for tips on a community lot. Getting a group of friends and playing for tips works just as well as having a career. And you set your own hours.

but i still need university to play, because free time doesn't come with the drums right?
Test Subject
#3471 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:29 PM
I have a quick question. (Or... maybe not so quick if you read the whole thing)

Okay, so my friend just got the Sims 3, and she's selling off all her Sims 2 things. This includes her EP's and everything. She's offered to give me her Seasons EP instead of selling it, and I was just wondering whether I should take the offer, or let her have her money. :D

So my question is...
Is Season's worth it?
Site Helper
#3472 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:42 PM
Ipa: Right. You need Uni for the drums, bass, and electric guitar.

LovelyApocalypse: I like Seasons, but there is an official "Which EP/SP is best?" thread to ask in.

If you do get seasons, make sure you patch it, and that you haven't forgotten roofs on your houses.

Test Subject
#3473 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:54 PM
Oh, okay! Thanks for pointing that out!
(Haha, I've been here since '05, but I've never even bothered to go into the forums, so I really have no idea where to go.) ^^
Test Subject
#3474 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Ipa: Right. You need Uni for the drums, bass, and electric guitar.

LovelyApocalypse: I like Seasons, but there is an official "Which EP/SP is best?" thread to ask in.

If you do get seasons, make sure you patch it, and that you haven't forgotten roofs on your houses.

Thank you so much for your help!!
Test Subject
#3475 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:27 AM
I've had a brief search around this topic and the rest of the forum, and couldn't find anything which exactly matched my question, so here it is - is it possible to resurrect (via the Resurrect-O-Nomitron) any of the "suspiciously dead" premade characters in Sims2, specifically the Capp/Monty families in Veronaville? Ideally without using SimPE. I've reinstalled up to OFB, if that makes any difference. Thanks for reading :-)

~Ketinka
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 139 of 1000