Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:14 AM
Default What made your day today?
I was shocked and appalled after sifting through the threads and not finding a thread in here about what made our days! So, to make everyone smile a little bit more, I decided to create one .

I had a very good day today.
First up, I couldn't sleep really early this morning, so I went onto the computer and my brother's friend was on MSN, so we started chatting and it ended up with us exchanging numbers :lovestruc . We've been texting back and forth all day as well.
Then, at school, I had heard about a few people in my year going out for dinner tomorrow night in a group thing, and I got an invitation! I'm really pumped for it, because it should be crazy awesome fun and the group of girls going is fantastic and I always have a good time when I'm around them. Now all I have to do is convince my mother to let me buy a new dress, and I'm all set!

What made your day?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:21 AM
Awww, good for you PixCii. Do tell us more about this friend of your brothers aye..

What made my day..?
Well it's the WEEEKENNND! *spazzy dance* And I saw Cailie today and that made me smile all day
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:00 AM
I got my tattoo touched up today, and my artist is so attractive. He has gorgeous eyes, and well..he does tattoos. He's a younger apprentice, so I believe he's around 22 years old.

He was really cute today, when I first went in he was nice and he seemed to enjoy it. But today he was talking to me more and asking about what I study at uni. It was nice <3

I intend on getting more tattoos so this means I get to go back and see him more ^_^
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:12 PM
I had a good day because it's my first day after my exams =D Which will obviously cheer me up :D

And my boyfriend bought me a really cute beanie hat yesterday
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:40 PM
What made my day was that tomorrow is my niece and nephew's birthday party, because me and my sisters are going to make/finish their cake
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
Well . . .

-I took my first ever "routine" drug testing today (for a job, not b/c I'm on drugs!) and I thought I'd be like all nervous and not be able to do it, but I was in and out within 10 min. total!

-I got news that I get my hair cut in a differnt style tomorrow at 11:30 . . . thank you! I'm going layer crazy. And, my mom also said that after my senior pics in another week, that I get to get my hair highlighted (maybe!) . . . just 2 months ago she said NO..!

-It's kinda corny or tomboyish of me, but "my" lawnmower got fixed today, and so for the first time I get to ride-mow the grass . . . yeah....I don't have any other sibs, so I have to do it a lot of the time . . . (it's a country person thing I guess, lol)

-And I didn't have to work tonight, which is great cuz Friday nights at work is like 'pull your hair out' crazy. . . but tomorrow night shall be no better!

-I managed to go to walmart & foodlion and not spend any money. Impressive on my behalf. No matter the store, I ALWAYS find something to buy . . . but not this time.

That's it, I think. Guess I just had a great day; really.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:00 PM
It totally made my weekend, but I went to an awesome belly dancing party tonight. I was invited to a dinner tonight, but when that plan fell through I was crestfallen. Then, I got a call from a friend and she told me she was going to a belly dancing party, and she invited me along!
I spent three hours watching some amazing dancers and eating awesome food and just having a great night in general.
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
I ordered a super cute pair of shoes today. Can't wait till they arrive
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
desimonky442: Oh, show me, show me (if you can).

Today's the birthday party, and the cake is almost done :lovestruc I'll post a picture if I can get one. My day is a happy one.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:57 PM
I got Sims 3, and tomorrow is my birthday!!
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:07 AM
Elice- Here's a link to the page the shoes are on. I ordered them in red http://store.delias.com/item.do?ite...r=&brandFilter=
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
:lovestruc those are cute, not to sound like a suck up, but reds a wicked cool color, I'm not a fan of brown and I hate green
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:02 AM
The rest of my family are out, which means I am home alone! I've just come back from a kitchen raid. They'll be home with dinner really soon, and I'm probably going to regret it later, but it isn't every day I can do this!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM
tree4me: That kind of remind me of when I was eight. That was the first time I was home alone--I was a good kid, so there wasn't any problems--but I did nothing but run around the house, going into other peoples room and just turning the TV, and radio, up loud

desimonkey442: I just got a picture of the cake me and my sister (The one with out the kid) made, up.one two
Instructor
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
Elice- That cake looks so awesome! That is one lucky kid. I can't decorate a cake to save my life lol
Instructor
#16 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:50 PM
Elice Thats an awesome cake, lucky kid..wish I could do stuff like that for my kids but I buy ready made from Asda!

^_^
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:20 PM
Thank you, we just got into making cakes on his second birthday (he's going to be three tomorrow). It actually started on my sister's (the one who had him) birthday, we made her a heart cake, because her birthday is feb 14. I like designing things and my--other--sister likes to bake, so we kind of merged our mind together instead of buying premade.

The true reason is because Meijers and Costcos, the places we used to buy from, started to use icing that tasted horrible on all of their cakes. I think it was butter cream, but I'm not even sure. So we bought some cake mix (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury dough boy, and another I can't remember) and made our own with Jiffy icing. It tasted so good and was fun to do, so now it kind of stuck. Not to mention it's cheaper then the cakes sold

Here's the first cake we made for him (one two three four) I found the cake shape direction in a cook book when I went to the dentist; It was a backyardigan theme, do you guys have that show in your countries (I'm American) I heard some people didn't. He really loves that show though
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM
I have heard of the backyardigan's although I don't think its very popular. With my kids its all about the Night Garden. Thats another great cake, very colourful..I love the little fishes...ooooh I think you may have just inspired me to bake my kids birthday cakes! I have 5 months to practice..an iggle piggle head would do nicely! XD

^_^
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:43 PM
Oh, you should totally do it, it's so fun. You can even start off easy and buy the cake molds

if it's hard to find one, you can always print out a picture (preferably big). I made a Tinkerbell cake for my bother's girlfriend and it looked similar to the one above. Just bake a normal square cake, cut out the picture, and then cut it out on the cake--like a stencil or something.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:21 AM
What made my day today: That the heat wave we've been having finally broke and it was a gorgeous, non-humid, blue sky - sunny day!

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM
Got my driver's license and went for my first solo drive with the top down and the Journey blaring. It was lovely, and I had a high time having a private karaoke session in the car . "Open Arms" is such good karaoke material.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
Congratulations Rabid! You will never forget this day.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
Thanks ! I've been wanting to sing in the car forever, but I would never, ever do it unless I was alone, so it was nice to finally have the opportunity. The only singing I ever do is ridiculous karaoke when I'm SURE that I'm alone.

I saw The Proposal today, too, which also made my day. It was so cute and funny! I have a newfound love for Ryan Reynolds and his impressive comedic talent (and impressive naked body :P).

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#24 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
That movie looks funny. I'll have to check it out. Have you seen UP by Pixar yet? That was a great movie and another great day!

Alchemist
#25 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:43 PM
Throwing grass with my friend at a boy that loves her. (She doesn't love him)

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve

Page 1 of 121