Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims leave phone on the floor after making a call
As the title says, my sims often leave the phone on the floor after making a call, this has happened to me with different families, both in apartments and in houses. This happens with the wall phone, not with the cellphone in the inventory.
When this happens it won't let me pick up the phone even if I use move_objects on, and if I were to make a call, the sim would complain and not do it. It's not the worst bug ever but it's annoying because I often have to sell the phone and then buy another one.
Any ideas on why this could be happening or how to fix it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:27 AM
Are you able to click on the wall phone set itself and select "Hang up phone"? That option usually becomes available when the phone is on the ground.

I'd need to confirm but I'm not 100% sure if the phone functions (pie menu) come from the hand piece itself or while its only on the wall.

Call me Seth!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Are you able to click on the wall phone set itself and select "Hang up phone"? That option usually becomes available when the phone is on the ground.

I'd need to confirm but I'm not 100% sure if the phone functions (pie menu) come from the hand piece itself or while its only on the wall.

Yep I tried that but there's no option to hang up, it doesn't appear from the pie menu of the hand piece nor the wall's. I either have to sell the phone and buy it again or wait until they make more calls and decide to put it back on the wall, looks like it's a purely random decision for them They'll pick up the phone from the floor and leave it back there or finally hang it up.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th May 2021 at 8:00 AM
That's definitely a bug, most likely caused by some mod. So many of them affect the ability to use phones, making sims jump bug when directed to use the phone, and so on.

Have you tried backing up your neighbourhoods and then testing without custom content, especially if you know you have anything in there that deals with phone calls?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...lp:Game_Problem

It might be a pain to test too because you may have to replace the phones on the lot to have the bug go away, even after you've removed the conflicting mod.

Speaking of which, have you run the HCDU to spot any possibly conflicting mods affecting phone functions ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2021 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
That's definitely a bug, most likely caused by some mod. So many of them affect the ability to use phones, making sims jump bug when directed to use the phone, and so on.

Have you tried backing up your neighbourhoods and then testing without custom content, especially if you know you have anything in there that deals with phone calls?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...lp:Game_Problem

It might be a pain to test too because you may have to replace the phones on the lot to have the bug go away, even after you've removed the conflicting mod.

Speaking of which, have you run the HCDU to spot any possibly conflicting mods affecting phone functions ?

Ah sadly I have too many mods to even check, I was new to mods in The Sims so I added a ton without really caring about them and even though my game still works fine except for this bug I kind of regret it now. I just ran HCDU -never ran it before so maybe that could also be the source of the problem- so hopefully the problem will be fixed, if not, I think I'll try checking the mods even if it takes a long time...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th May 2021 at 1:08 AM
The HCDU will not fix anything by itself, it just indicates which downloads are possibly conflicting with each other, and then it's up to the player to check them and clean the mess in the Downloads folder.

The Game Problem tutorial is the fastest way to solve game problems, because it works. So boring as it is, at least it's not a waste of time.