Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Create your own no effects mod tool (updated 07/02/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 4:36 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM by Nysha

228 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:51 PM
This is really a wonderful idea, and the ability to tailor the effects to individual taste should be very useful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:05 PM
It is a very useful tool if only one knows exactly what the effects name is corresponding to the actual effects one wants to disable. For instance, "vampireeyerays" is self explanatory - red glowing eyes of vampires - but "eyesofhorusflash"? What is this? Not to sound ungrateful but is it possible for you to add a little description after each "effects" name?

thanks for this mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:31 PM
@bootz:

I can also only guess what each effect means (or look it up in the code, but that can take a long time as I noticed yesterday when I thought the "Eye Candy" reward was named "Attractive" and searched for it until I checked the actual game code). It's not feasible to go through 4000 effects and add descriptions for them.

However, the Ambitions fog emitter allows you to play any effect, so if a few of the effects don't seem clear to you, note them down and try them on the fog emitter. (I've also added a note in the overview, which I forgot when posting, so thanks for the reminder.)

For your concrete example, I think Eyes of Horus are a World Adventure special item, so this is probably related to that.

Again, if the name for an effect cannot be guessed, the only way to find the offending effect would be going through the code or (if you can narrow it down to a handful but don't know which one it is for sure) trial and error by making different packages and testing them.

If you're unable to find a particular effect you want to get rid off, you can also ask and maybe others have found it or I can see if I can find out what its name is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
Haha, this is funny. I was just using your memory tool, thinking "If only there was a way to disable the silly sprites for getting a memory", and in just a few hours you've produced this. Thanks for reading my mind!

I'm totally looking foward to seeing what other tools you can come up with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:43 PM
Seriously, you are making some awesome tools and I hope you keep up the good work! Thanks a lot for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:13 PM
Thanks this is just perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:18 PM
Thank you so much! You are amazing for this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:58 PM
Wow, this is fantastic. Definitely going to get a lot of use out of this. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:25 PM
Thanks a lot for this. It will save me needing to update my own fx removal mod each patch.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:36 PM
Wow, this is even more useful than your memory tool, and I didn't think that could be topped! Thank you so much! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:09 PM
Seriously, thank you for this! That stupid sparkling from eye candy was about to do my head in. I never realized just how many effects there were, so I guess it's time to play with the fog emitter and see which ones I want to get rid of. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
I dont remember all the affects that are listed, but I definitely do like this tool so thank you. (:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:30 PM
So we can make our own no mosaic every time a new EP comes out and don't have to wait until someone creates a compatible one! That's fantastic! Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:50 AM
Thanks for this very useful mod! Along with the source code!

Does anybody know what those little people icons on top of the sim's head are called? The ones that appear when sims increase/decrease relationship points or make new friends, would love to get rid of those.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:44 AM
You are crazy smart. <3
Thanks so much for this.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@bootz:

I can also only guess what each effect means (or look it up in the code, but that can take a long time as I noticed yesterday when I thought the "Eye Candy" reward was named "Attractive" and searched for it until I checked the actual game code). It's not feasible to go through 4000 effects and add descriptions for them.

However, the Ambitions fog emitter allows you to play any effect, so if a few of the effects don't seem clear to you, note them down and try them on the fog emitter. (I've also added a note in the overview, which I forgot when posting, so thanks for the reminder.)

For your concrete example, I think Eyes of Horus are a World Adventure special item, so this is probably related to that.

Again, if the name for an effect cannot be guessed, the only way to find the offending effect would be going through the code or (if you can narrow it down to a handful but don't know which one it is for sure) trial and error by making different packages and testing them.

If you're unable to find a particular effect you want to get rid off, you can also ask and maybe others have found it or I can see if I can find out what its name is.

Thank you very much for your suggestion re using fog emitter. I apologized if I seem demanding. I am very appreciative of the wonderful mod that you have created. It's "modders" like you that makes playing Sims 3 worthwhile. keep up the good work!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:25 AM
This will make it easier to update my own no effects mod, thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:49 AM
This is great,thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:19 AM
Wow, this is really apreciated. But I have some questions ... I am using the AwesomeMod with the option "no eyecandysparkle" enabled. Will it be enough to disable that? Or would it be incompatibel?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:48 AM
Lulz I was looking on your other mod and didn't find this one I found it on MS3B.

Thank you so much for this! Not only you did the memory crapsmiley, but you did it on every other annoying effects! Nice job bro :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:09 AM
Hmm. Nobody has actually said whether or not it works for them. So I'll just assume it does

@Killc*a: Yes, that's also a use of the mod. This should work as long as they don't change the format of the file. And even if it does, if Atavera updates the Effects wrapper as well, simply replacing s3piwrappers.EffectResource.dll should fix it. I do plan to update my No Mosaic as soon as the Town Life patch comes out (or another Generations patch if that comes sooner) but it's good to have alternatives

@Tripcore: Try searching for "smiley", "plus", and "minus" to get various effects related to changes in socials.

@bootz: Yeah, if you forget about the fog emitter, it can be difficult to find what you want. I used it myself for testing the effects for social changes in the request above, and it made me update the tool to allow right-clicking on effect names to copy them to the clipboard for easy paste into the fog emitter text field. And while I was at it, I implemented an export as a list.

@colabirne: I don't know how Pescado implemented this, but since AwesomeMod is a coremod, it would be trivial to do it in code. My assumption would be that there is no conflict and you can use a mod created with my tool alongside with AwesomeMod. The eye candy sparkle would then be removed if you turn it off in AwesomeMod or uncheck it when creating your customized no effects mod with my tool (or both). I hope this answers your question

@ninoo: Yes, it's a completely separate tool I had been expecting requests for other no effects mods back when I created the No Mosaic for Generations, but they never came. But this idea stayed in my head and after creating the memory mod tool, this was pretty easy to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:02 AM
Oh my Sith lord! I love this...yay thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:05 AM
@ninoo: Hmm. Could it be that you have another effects mod (like a No Mosaic mod)?
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:12 AM
@velocitygrass: Thanks a lot, found them finally, under socialminus & socialplus. LOL I was actually trying to look at a copy of the fog emitter list but I got dizzy before I even got half way through
Page 1 of 10