Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 6:48 PM
Default Contacts Issue - sclera
So I've been working on making some contacts ("costume makeup" style not default replacement) that cover the entire eye. I've actually successfully made them. However, I notice that there is a distinct shadow that I can only presume is the default eye bleeding through. As you can see with this picture, there is a dark "corona" on her eyes that are NOT part of my design.

As a test, I made a test set of contacts, where I set the texture to a solid light grey and the control is just solid red. I set the color to RGB(255,0,0) to illustrate. As you can see from Charlotte's eyes... There is a distinct darker ring where the sclera would be.

Any thoughts on what is causing it and how to overcome this? My only guess is that since this is make up, it is inherently slightly translucent? (In hind sight, I should have tested the "test" contacts on a non-supernatural, but I don't think the issue is strictly related to supers. I will test again on a human subject to verify.)
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 4:31 PM
Well, I finally got around to testing the contacts on a non-supernatural sim and the odd corona still shows up. So it's not that.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 10:04 AM
I'm necro-bumping my own post because I never did get any suggestions. Maybe different people are around now and might have some thoughts. I know my pictures show supernaturals, but I DID test on normal humans and the issue persists.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)