Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 2:05 PM
Default Question about mods/missing expansions
I know this sounds weird but I want to know if having mods that relate to expansion packs I’m not using at the time will mess up my game.

I have all the expansions, but I’ve had to downgrade my pc (husband needs it to work from home) The PC I’m using runs TS3 well, but only if I use a few EPs at a time instead of all of them. I’m trying to decide which EPs I want to use right now. And I’d like to play a game with each setup. Should I take out all the mods for eps I’m not using every time? Or is it safe to just keep all the mods in.

Also, I have a lot of store stuff (thanks to the daily deal chart in this forum) I have most of the premium content, all of the worlds and quite a few sets. This is killing my game so I need to find a way to cut this down. Is it ok to leave the premium content mods in if I don’t have the content installed or should I remove?

I ask because I never separated my mods based on what EP or premium content it was from. I’ll have to go in and pull out everything by hand. Sometimes it’s easy to tell what mods correspond to which EP, but many times I can’t remember what minor features got mixed in to which ep. Like vampire mods — did they fix NL vampires? Or Supernatural vampires? I’ve been playing with ball EPs so long I can’t remember all of the minor features of each EP.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 3:14 PM
I'm afraid it depends on each individual mod. Using NRaas mods as an example, it is not a problem to have Tempest in play without the Seasons EP (it just won''t really do anything helpful). But if you attempt to load up the game with the Cupcake mod when there is no bakery store set content for it to manage, the game will crash on startup every time. Tuning mods that are meant to work with EP occult states may throw errors all over the place or become inert depending on their design, and the same with custom careers and food/ingredient mods that require an EP.

It may be a lot of work to research and classify each mod you have as preferring to have vs requiring an EP or store content, but short of pulling them all out and working with a much more minimal set, there probably really isn't a better way.