Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#351 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 9:39 AM
Some people seems to report that the BodyShop part now is working.

I could however not get the BodyShop part to work using version .33.1910.

???
Advertisement
Instructor
#352 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 3:39 PM
its not fair :'( i've wanted to make meshes for soo long now but i get to sumber 18 and i dont get it :'( some1 help me :'( please?
Test Subject
#353 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:27 PM
Hi!

I want to modify a dress of University but I don't find the "yfbodyformaldress" name string (Step 2)

Which folder must I open??

C:\Programs\EaGAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\3D\Sims06.package

or

C:\Programs\EaGAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims06.package

Help me please
Scholar
#354 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fragolicia
Hi!

I want to modify a dress of University but I don't find the "yfbodyformaldress" name string (Step 2)

Which folder must I open??

C:\Programs\EaGAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\3D\Sims06.package

or

C:\Programs\EaGAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims06.package

Help me please

I had the same problem trying to find a young adult mesh - although my BodyShop file also said yf....... something for the mesh name, I found it with the same name except af... at the beginning instead of yf.....
It was in the regular The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3d\Sims06, 05, 04, 03 .package files

Try that with yours, it is probably the same way.
Test Subject
#355 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:09 AM
I'm a Thai people who lives in Thailand.Thailand is a country in the south-east asia. Thai language is the native (formal) language of Thailand.
(so I'm sorry if I 've used any wrong words or grammar.)
I want to post a translated tutorial which is composed of your excellent
tutorial and Miche's MTS2 Mesh Tool 0.9.0.46 tutorial and was translated
into Thai by myself.
I planned to post the translated (and mixed) at
Thai The Sims 2 Webboard. Do you allow me to post it?
(I've attached a zip file which contains this translated tutorial and some font you will need to view it. In addition, it has "Note to WDS BriAnna.txt" which
has more detail.)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Thai Translated Mixed Tutorial (WDS BriAnna).zip (3.02 MB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#356 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 5:08 PM
You may post it on your site.

I will add this into the main thread so Thai speakers can find it. Thanks!
#357 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:26 PM Last edited by kzhirael : 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added question.
Hiya,

I am EXTREMELY new to SimPE and mesh editing and all that jazz (i just downloaded all I need yesterday), but I want to make a hairstyle... that's the only reason I'm doing all this, is for one hairstyle... But it all seems very difficult. The last time I tried to export the hairstyle, I exported all of the GMDC or whatever-they're-called files (in the tutorial there was only one! guess there's more with hair), and when I opened it up in Milkshape it looked just like a scalp, didn't have the hair at all.
I am now going to try it with just opening one, like someone mentioned on some page (forget which now ) and if it works or if it doesn't work I'll edit this post... but, meanwhile guys, could someone PLEASE make a tut that JUST deals with hair? (an EASY tut?)

K, edit: Found that thing... I got to step 20 of Brianna's tut and became VERY confused. In the tut, there is only ONE 3D ID Referencing File. In SimPE with this, there are...*counts* 6. The last one is short; it doesn't have a resource node or shape. I'm guessing that the first five are Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult, and Elder. I wanna mess with the Adult first so I'm going to follow step 20 with the fourth one. *crosses fingers*(I'm posting all this so that you guys will know what I did wrong, and tell me how to fix it.) :smash: By the way, the last time I tried this, I did the package thingie with ALL the 3DIDR thingies. (I got a scalp.) So, this time just one. *prays*

Edit: AAAAAA!!! Another scalp!! :werd: :argh:
K, here's what I did between step 20 and now, maybe someone can figure out what I did wrong. I clicked on "3D ID Referencing File" in Filetypes, selected the 4th one (thinking that it was for Adult age). Went down to plugin view, clicked "package," dragged "resource node" and "shape" into the window, deleted the other resource node and shape, moved new ones up to the top (resource node first). Clicked "commit." (following all the instructions to the letter except #20 - someone's gotta help me with #20!!!) Deleted old "shape" and "resource node" from Packed Files, then - HERE'S where I might have done something wrong - I saved in "saved sims", replacing the old one. Should I have not replaced the old one?
So then I opened up the mesh package that was in the Downloads directory like the tut said to save it in (was that the right mesh?), went to Geometric Data Container and Plugin view, and clicked "preview" - and there was the dreaded scalp!!! AAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! :argh: Does ANYONE know what I did wrong? Please someone respond quick, because Milkshape only lasts so long before I have to pay actual money!! *shudder*
Test Subject
#358 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:15 AM
Thanks for your permission,WDS BriAnna. This is the direct link of Thai translated tutorial at Thai The Sims 2 Webboard.
WDS BriAnna, you are probably misunderstanding me! (Perhaps it's because of my bad English.) That zip file in reply#356 is only for you to view (not for Thai people because that file contains a Note and some Thai Font files for you to view). However, I've attached a new zip file which is the translated tutorial for Thai people in this reply.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Clothing Mesh Tutorial-Thai.zip (1.14 MB, 42 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#359 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 1:30 AM
Help on steps.
I have a few (understatement) questions that I'm sure others would like to see aswell. :confused:

In step 25, where do you save your new file in and where can you see your new temp skin in bodyshop (is it loaded proj. or imported proj. <-when making a sim)?

In step 27, where do you export your object?

In step 31, where do you save your file?

In step 37, where do you save your file?

Ok, these questions may be very annoying! But I really need help, and I am sure others are in the same boat. These are just steps that I didn't quite understand (most, just not knowing where to save the project/mesh) If anyone knows the right answer to all these annoying questions I truly am thankful. I am having a hard time doing this (this was my third attempt) and I seem to get stuck on the same steps. Thank a bunch!!!! :D

Go to my website: www.bluefishsign.com or click here
#360 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 1:37 AM
Bahebay, I think earlier in the thread someone said:

Part III - Building your mesh package. 16.SAVE (OK, WHERE? that was the first not clear save point.) Should be; SAVE IN SIMS2 DOWNLOADS.

Part IV - Pointing the temp skin at the new mesh package. 25. Delete the shape resource node etc. Then Save your file. (Again I was stumped)
Should be; Then Save your file to SIMS2 SavedSims folder.

Part VI - Putting the new mesh into your mesh package file.
39. Right click on the geometric etc. Then click commit. Save.
Ok, 2 points here, COMMIT, did'nt know whether to click commit on the Packed file tab or go to the Plugin View tab and click COMMIT. It's the PLUGIN VIEW TAB. Secondly, SAVE, again, Where? Should be; Save in Sims2 Downloads folder.

Does that help?
Test Subject
#361 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:38 PM
hm, I tried to modify a hair mesh and it didn't work (no change shown in bodyshop)
what may I did wrong?
Test Subject
#362 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
Ahh, okay.
I'm still learning when it comes to this stuff. X3

Thank you!

EDIT: ... now I just... have to figure out which 3D ID Referencing File to change.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I totally have NO IDEA what to do here. There's a ton of 3D ID References, and all of the ones with a Resource Node and Shape reference in them have TWO of each. The ones I changed had absolutely no effect and didn't show any difference. :\

I have the exact same problem. could someone help?
Scholar
#363 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:38 PM
thanks a ton for the tutorial its alittle confussing but i think i should hopefully get the hang of it after many tries lol.....my first attempt not quite right lol i some how got three legs and there was alittle of that "explosion" problem around the top half ..though the part i actually did move around looked rather nice lol
#364 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM
Has anyone managed to do the tutorial for HAIR MESH??? Seems like it works better for other stuff. By the way I also posted questions in a hair mesh tread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...reate+hair+mesh
Think i'v done everything right but the new one doesn't show in the body shop. I just have 2 of a kind. Have tried tice now and doesn't seem to work.
Instructor
#365 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 1:24 AM
my meshes work... i just need to learn how to use milkshape better xxx thanks for a great tutorial... i nearly know it of by heart lol xxx
Test Subject
#366 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 12:26 PM
Default Help!!!
I've been through the tutorial at least 20 times (BTW - Thanks Brianna - whatever would we idiots have done without you) and I'm totally frustrated. Everything works up to checking to see if temp skin is showing in bodyshop. Yes, but it isn't using the new mesh - seems to use the default mesh, as if it can't find the new mesh. All the files are in the right place (my documents/ea games/the sims 2/saved sims/7f835c0e_MeshTutorialTemp.package and my documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads/MESH_WDSGown020505.package)

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Here are the files if needed.
Test Subject
#367 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 2:41 PM
@capsicum: Had the same problem, but after I repeated part 4 (Part IV - Pointing the temp skin at the new mesh package) it began showing up. These steps if you don't want to go back:
1, open up your mesh in simPE, extract resource node and shape.
2, open up the temporary package, add the extracted files to the packed files list.
3, click 3did referencing file, see it in plugin view, click package.
4, in the popup, drag the added resource node and shape to the left area
5, delete the resource node and shape on the top, move the new dragged ones to the top (node first, shape second).
6, be sure to click the commit button, then save; delete the resource node and shape from the packed files list and save again.
It should be okay now. Also be sure that both files are in your download folder, I made that mistake that I was refreshing furiously while my files were in my working folder xD
Good luck,
Vejitto
Test Subject
#368 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:46 PM
Thanks Vejitto. That's what I've been doing. BTW you said both files in download folder. Does that mean the mesh AND the skin rather than leaving the skin in SavedSims? I've tried putting both in download with the same result.
#369 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:01 PM
Hi All. Well i'v had 2 failed attempts at a hair mesh. So I went back and tried it with a dress and it worked fine!! Can someone in the know tell me where the differences are between a hair mesh and a dress. I'm gonna give it one last go after all i'v had some sucess now :-)
#370 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinksuki2k
I created a hair mesh using the exact same tut...the only diff...in step 4 there will be 5 or 6 files for property set instead of the 1 in the tut. Depending on which age you want to edit choose accordingly: afhair----- means adult female or am (adult male), cfhair (child), if you see grey in the end of the name that's obviously elder. If you want to edit the mesh for all ages then follow step four for each file...if you only want to edit for one, then choose only follow step 4 for whatever age file, child, teen, adult, etc. I wish I had only done step 4 for the adult female <snip>.

Ok, we were having trouble getting hair to work, having finally got it working the following is what is different to Brianna's tut.

The quoted post is half of it so kudos to pinksuki2k. Like mentioned at step 4 you need to choose the correct cf/pf/tf/af... mesh. Then at step 20 (inserting your mesh into the temp savedsim package) there are multiple 3D ID Referencing File's. They correspond to the various ages so you need to work out which is which. You can do this by using the same method by which you found the mesh name. Looking at the Packed Files, count the number of 3D ID Referencing File's listed before the property Set containing the relevant mesh name and that is how many you need to count down in the 3D ID Referencing field when inserting your new resource node and shape.

Ugh, that wasn't very clear but in our case, the 4th one was the adult which is what we wanted. The order was:
1 = pu (??)
2 = c(f/m)
3 = t(f/m)
4 = a(f/m)
5 = a(f/m)..._grey

Anyway, hope that helps someone.. yay for finally getting hair to work :D
Test Subject
#371 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 1:03 PM
OK. I've downloaded the latest version of SimPE (0.35) and I've now got the modified mesh (I know that 'cos I modded the mesh in Milkshape).
BUT the thumbnail in Bodyshop shows the default mesh. Anyone know why?
#372 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 2:29 PM
Hi!

The tutorial is grate but when I import the .obj file(to Wings3D) for example: the girl child formal I start to move the edges but where I saw an edge there was 2 edges and I can't work with it please help to how could I make them to
one edge?
Test Subject
#373 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 6:39 AM
Hmm im completely a noob at this and iM trying to make the bigger boobs with milkshape thing work through a tutorial but i cant export the file properly. Does anyone have a female obj or w/e it is i need export to import into Milkshape already done they dont mind posting for download? The starting one is fine, jus anything please :confused:
Test Subject
#374 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 1:22 PM
Hi EnZimE

This thread doesn't attract much in the way of help now. Guess the guys who know things don't have the time to look here. Can't really blame them.

Anyway, here is the file you want. It's the standard MAXIS nude body, so no © problems.

Method for getting it: SimPE Open
../Programs/Sims2/TSData/Res/Sims3D/Sims03.package
click Filetypes Name Map
click Packed File Name Map
click Plugin View
wait a bit!
scroll down File Map Editor till you find required mesh (in this case afbodynaked_tslocator_gmdc) (don't choose the ones with lod15)
in Properties, copy Instance number (in this case 0xFFE2EDE9)
Paste this Instance number into instance filter at top right of screen
click Filetypes Geometric Data Container
there should now be one file in the Packed File list
click on this file in Packed File
bottom left of screen is Export to .obj (by Delphi): click this and save it

Hope this gives you what you want.

PS
I solved my problem (see above) by updating to the latest SimPE ver 0.35
You may also need to?
Good luck
Test Subject
#375 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 1:51 PM
Thank a lot, now i can start testing out mesh designing.
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 15 of 54