Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dirt Roads for your Neighborhood!

by QwinsepiaSquared Posted 14th Jan 2006 at 4:19 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2006 at 3:14 AM by QwinsepiaSquared : added keywords

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 2:30 PM
I don't mind you asking fido, and yes, I can try cobblestone.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 2:03 AM
This is great, a much needed item for medieval hoods. Too bad we can't get rid of the cars driving around or replace them with horses & carts that sort of thing. I know asking too much...This is wonderful thanks a bunch
#28 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 10:08 PM
This is awesome! Don't mind that the roads will change in all neighborhoods, can play in one at the time only
Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 7:37 PM
any chance of gravel?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:13 PM
does it only work for grassy landscape? cuz i wanted to make an australian country-side neighborhood (just LOVE the australian countryside) but the asfalt kept me from doing it. but there isn't much lush in the outback...

/\/\
(.)(.)
(| '|)
.''' '''

copy and paste into our signature if u hate that bunny too o_0
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:22 PM Last edited by chill : 20th Jan 2006 at 1:27 PM.
never mind, i just of something to hide the lush

if you can make the road any lighter...? :bow: :bow2:

/\/\
(.)(.)
(| '|)
.''' '''

copy and paste into our signature if u hate that bunny too o_0
Instructor
#32 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for the dirt roads....Now even my yevonites would fall in love with their own dirt. Too bad city dirts are never for the kissing nowadays (even with the fear of the schizos as well as chemicals in the ground).

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:31 AM
I can make the road have pretty much any texture. It'll be a while until I can start working on these, school has been keeping me pretty busy.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Instructor
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Xunixeon : 28th Jan 2006 at 2:19 AM. Reason: Post works better as well....Thx anyways.
Quote: Originally posted by QwinsepiaSquared
I can make the road have pretty much any texture. It'll be a while until I can start working on these, school has been keeping me pretty busy.

Yeah....College itself is pretty hectic for me as well (although, it's technically a school). Plus I needed to cut back on Caffine, which I realized what's keeping me up. So I'm doing pretty good without sleeping pills right now. But I can perhaps ask for the roads for the desert and the lush ones into stone ones...But heh, I'm busy as hell as always, too.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xunixeon
So maybe a pm to me with instructions on how to recolor the terrain roads might help since I'm making a lot of crap during the college semester as well....
Just post the instructions here.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 1:31 AM
Well, actually, I'm only in 7th grade. The work I'm getting is nothing compared to college, I'm sure, but it's enough to keep me away from the computer for a while. 380)

(If this confuses you, just open up the package file with SimPE to get an idea of what files in the Textures file you need to change)

First, you need SimPE and some photo editer like Photoshop, but even Paint works.
Then, you need to find the Textures package (C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Textures) and open it.

All of the following files need to be edited: (x=number)
temperate_roads_xxxxxxxx_lifo
temperate_roads_xxxxxxxx_txtr
lotskirtroad_temperate_xxxxxxxx_lifo
lotskirtroad_temperate_xxxxxxxx_txtr

Just export the picture(s), edit them with a paint program, and import them again. It helps to search for temperate_roads and lotskirtroad_temperate with the finder tab in SimPE to find the right files, because there's a lot of files in the Textures folder that look like they should be edited, but they don't need to be. You can change "temperate" to "dirt", "desert", or "concrete" to edit the roads for the corresponding terrains.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM me, please.

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 12:55 AM
If I may, I'd like to second Ellatrue's comment/request that this would be wonderful if we could have it on Dirt Terrain. Especially if you are able to get it to replace the pavements/sidewalks too.

BUT, the thing that worries me is... if the pavements/sidewalks were replaced, would that mean they were replaced on ALL terrain types?

Great if it doesn't though. I'd DEFINETELY Download it then; though it would make Lot Placement tricky, since roads would be invisible, and I'd have to follow the cars! Lol.

Nice idea though.

IF you find time to do an alternate flavour for Dirt Terrain, I'd love to DL that.

Thanks.
Instructor
#38 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 2:15 AM
Well, actually, I'm only in 7th grade. The work I'm getting is nothing compared to college, I'm sure, but it's enough to keep me away from the computer for a while. 380)

Yeah.... Inside the town that I grew up in, middle school actually starts from 6th grade to 8th.

However, once you're out of high school by graduating, there is almost no way back in unless you either had to go to high school because of those stupid idiots that beat up your son/daughter or if you flunked it for sure. College on the other hand, is definitely more like a choice that determines some important parts of your life. You get kicked out, you pay your money to get back in. You get bills. Drive to a part-time job. You have to eat leftovers regardless if you like to go out or not. But it does have its benefits.....You get probation period (which works really good for a lot of people including my brother as a big reminder of doing your work while in college), you live mostly on your own without being bossed around by your parents all of the time, and you get some better options than someone who doesn't go to college at all.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:54 PM
There's actually a cheat that removes the roads from the neighborhood. It's boolProp displayNeighborhoodRoads true/false.

Happy simming!
Instructor
#40 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 7:03 PM
For a kid in seventh grade, you're surprisingly "well spoken" compared to most people I've run into online *cough*BBS*cough*. Good luck with school!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:33 AM
There's actually a cheat that removes the roads from the neighborhood. It's boolProp displayNeighborhoodRoads true/false.

Does it do it for just that Map, or will it do it for ALL 'Hoods?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 6:23 PM
Thanks Ellatrue! *blushing*

The "no roads" cheat works with any terrain type.

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:27 AM
WOW! Qwinsepia, I am amazingly envious! Kudos to you for awesome roads(I'm in line for the dirt terrain ones, and the cobbled lush terrain ones when you are able to get them out)!!! For those wanting to be rid of sidewalks, I use the Move_objects on cheat to remove/change the floortiles used for the sidewalk.

Stop global warming-become a pirate today! No, not that kind of pirate, I mean swash my buckles and pass the grog, me mateys!
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 1:06 AM
Yeah, im looking for a cobbled or brick road for my neighbourhoods too.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 4:48 AM
Ah! You are my savior *bows down before you mighty-ness* My sims shall be happy now, conrete roads really do NOT do - especially for period/fantasy themes >_<

Sankyuu!!!

Ratt

You know you can't resist. Click

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 6:45 AM
Default Thankyou!
This is fabulous! Thanks!

For people who want both cement and dirt roads: Have separate games for your dirt hoods. It's not hard to keep it separate. I mean after all, you don't want to have modern stuff in your fantasy hoods anyways.

Don't know what I mean? http://www.simthing.net/tutorials/tuts2test.htm try having a look at that for the idea.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 3:18 PM
Great work!

I'm also hoping you could make cobblestone roads! MY victorian sims would love it!

Keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 9:22 PM
Huzzah! I'm glad everyone likes it. 380)

Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 6:13 AM
Would you please make this so that it changed the desert template instead? I only use the desert in Roswell, & it has it's own user account.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 8:43 AM
I wish I could do this in 7th grade... i'm a soph in college and I don't know what's going on.... perhaps that's why I'm not a math major...
Anyway, keep up the good roads! :salute: I'm looking forward to other dirt and stone streets.

><> HOW I MINE FOR FISH? <><
*Pagan * and * Proud*
avatar courtesy of VGCats, #178 by Scott Ramsoomair
also click here~>want to be a zombie?
and here~>want to be a vampire?
Page 2 of 3