Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jogging Mod

by Smonaff Posted 26th Oct 2006 at 3:03 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2007 at 6:56 PM by Smonaff : Seasons Compatible

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:41 PM
Wow! I posted this request, and you delivered the very next day! Ha ha, of course, I didn't realize that someone else had already requested it. I did run a search for "jog" and "jogging" but nothing turned up and my thread got locked, but I see that you had time to reply. Thank you so much. There are some things that Maxis should have included in the game, and you wonder why they left it out. This is one of them. You are so talented. I've got quite a few of your downloads. Keep up the good work!

If it weren't for ADD I'd be forgetful, lazy, absentminded, clumsy, always late, disorganized, messy, and annoying.................for no apparant reason.
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:03 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I've been waiting for this for ages
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:30 PM
This is so creative. Thanks alot Smonaff!!!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 8:21 PM
Ever since I first played the game, and a townie jogged by, I have been looking for this to appear as an option for a controllable Sim! I jog every day...now my Sim can as well! Thank you!
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:50 PM
It doesn't seem to work for me I want it badly enough that I pulled out all of my hacks to see which one might be conflicting with it, but sadly even with that it didn't show up in the pie menu. Your other game mods work fine in my game and I love them, thanks.

Being too bright has never been a problem for me ;)
Forum Resident
#31 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:28 AM
What a darn good idea! This should be a featured mod!!
Scholar
#32 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:31 AM
I'm wondering if its just me or are sims building up body skill points too quickly?.. My sims gain a new body skill point with every jog, its put the excercises machines and treadmill machines to shame.

Anyway great mod Smonaff I don't usually put too many global mods in my game, but I have extra interest in your uploads.
Instructor
#33 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:47 PM
Thank you very much!

And can other sims join?
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:59 PM
this doesn't work in my game.

the jogging option does appear in the pie menu but the sims just changes to the gym wear, walks out of the house in front of the door and stands there.

also this (i'm pretty sure it is this mod, because i haven't downloaded any other new mods in ages) causes the following: when the sim uses some object that gains skillpoints, the skill meter appears but doesn't increase at all. when the sim stops using the object, the meter won't disappear in any point. i have only the base game.
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkxkrr

the jogging option does appear in the pie menu but the sims just changes to the gym wear, walks out of the house in front of the door and stands there.

also this (i'm pretty sure it is this mod, because i haven't downloaded any other new mods in ages) causes the following: when the sim uses some object that gains skillpoints, the skill meter appears but doesn't increase at all. when the sim stops using the object, the meter won't disappear in any point. i have only the base game.

==
I thought maybe my problem was because I had Pets... hmmm, maybe not.

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 7:11 PM
Great!
This just what I'm looking for! Thanx for the great upload! xx
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
rkxkrr:
I have posted an update, so try redownloading both files and see if that solves the problem.

julyraine:
You should redownload just the Jogging Mod file, and remove the Smonaff_Jogging(AllowSkillBuilding).package file from your downloads folder.

tipoual:
No join option, I'll see about adding one. Of course more than one sim can jog at a time, in fact all the sims can leave the lot at the same time to jog.
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
rkxkrr:
I have posted an update, so try redownloading both files and see if that solves the problem.

julyraine:
You should redownload just the Jogging Mod file, and remove the Smonaff_Jogging(AllowSkillBuilding).package file from your downloads folder.

tipoual:
No join option, I'll see about adding one. Of course more than one sim can jog at a time, in fact all the sims can leave the lot at the same time to jog.

Thanks I'll give it a try and get back to you

Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:02 AM
I tried this out. I love having this as an option. I have Pets and it seems to work just fine. It works just as you said. Click the option, choose the hours, the sim goes out to the mailbox and does a few stretches, leaves the lot and gains body skill points. I sent a kid out to run and she came back before her time was up because she was tired just as expected. Excellent.

The only thing I was thinking was maybe you could have the sim actually run off the lot instead of just casually walking off the lot. Not a big deal really more of an asthetic than anything. And another thing perhaps maybe add the convenience factor of having the sim come back home to the mailbox and do some "cool down" stretches instead of just returning to the edge of the lot where I sometimes wasn't paying enough attention and they just stood there for a while before being noticed.

Otherwise its great. I've always thought Maxis should have included this as a feature to begin with since neighbors jog by all the time. So thanks.
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
rkxkrr:

julyraine:

That worked! Thanks, I was hoping for the skill building but this one is great as you still gain fitness. Thank's so much for your work

Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 6:08 AM
How is the number of hours counted? Is it from the time they leave the lot, or is it counted like this?

e.g. I asked him to jog for an hour. He jogs at 8.30, but comes back at 9.00. The hours start counting from 8.00.

Sorry if I phrased that not too well. I hope you get my idea. Other than that, this is definitely a great mod! :D
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:49 PM
wow thanks alot
=)

compton.

myspace.com/celticballa07

big tymerssss
=)

wat it do on the real?
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:58 AM
ok i so want this! so, if i have pets installed i should download the base hack not the skill building one?
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:24 AM
vangaza, the timer starts when the sim leaves the lot.

Malfoy, you only need to install the base file.
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:43 PM
Thats great! ill put it to good use! :D

Some Graphic stuff by me =) lol
Dr. Zoidberg: How do I look?
Bender: Like whale barf.
Dr. Zoidberg: Then the illusion is complete.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 9:25 AM
That's a great mod, thanks, very creative !!

It works perfectly in my game ( I have pets ).

I have one question though :

When they leave the house to jog, my sims just walk away.. Should'nt they be running ? I don't know if it's just me but I believe it would be more realistic if they run instead of walk. What do you think ?.

Keep the good work !!
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkxkrr

Same thing happends to me..
I only have the sims 2 and downloaded the thingy I'm supposed to lol.
Is there a way to fix it ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:55 AM
Iriss and rkxkrr:
I have posted an update that should fix the problem you are having. Let me know if it works.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:41 PM
Default Coolio!
This mod is awesome. Thanks. But, the mod you're currently making, which is the new fart/belch controller with added features that would replace cathair's, would it be possible if you could make it autonomous and direct it towards sloppy sims?

I lust for speed....
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:51 PM
Yeah, I'll probably make two versions available, one that's autonomous, for sloppy sims, and one thats not.
Page 2 of 4