Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

JW Wooden Shutters

by JWoods Posted 15th Apr 2005 at 8:18 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2005 at 2:22 AM by JWoods : Added Board and Batten shutter sets

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:39 PM
Oh wow... Very very nice! *Downloading*
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:56 PM
great job, sir. i really like how the wood pieces aren't all the same color and that you made two sizes.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 9:18 PM
Beautiful, and a great idea. And I can put them on each window I want?
B
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 9:58 PM
The shutters fit "some windows, I tried to choose the more popular... If anyone has request's for another size window I will make more...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:46 PM
Thanks! This was fast! I'm glad you were already thinking about these (and working on them!)! They look great!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 4:11 AM
YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG <3 YOU SO MUCH! *pounce*
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 7:56 PM
Thank you so much! Could I request these in green?!
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xbuttcheecksx
Thank you so much! Could I request these in green?!

I made the green re-colors you requested for the large and small shutters...

Note: The texture maps are very simple to paint, I made them very user friendly knowing everyone may not like a natural wood color... The texture maps are labeled front and back right on the texture canvas...

I have been applying these types of texture maps to all of my objects, taking the extra time to label where everything is... It's like having a template right on your re-color canvas..

I will, when I get some time(a lot of it.. LOL), make basic re-color extensions right within the original package...

Thanks for the kind re-marks...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 2:48 AM
Hi, So excited about the shutters. I made tons of styles and colors for Sims1, and hoped someone would 3d some for Sims2. I would like a size for the smaller windows as well, like the ones used for kitchens..."double hung" is that what they are called? Anyway. Thanks again for these.
K
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:41 AM
Just one other request, if it's even possible... Can you make a version with a single shutter of each style? It would enable me to fix my house in places where only one is required (such as two or three windows together, one would be needed on one side of one, and then at the far side...) A 'left' and a 'right' if at all possible. If you can't, or aren't up to it, hey, this still rock! I was just hoping you could help me with that =o) THANKS AGAIN!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 6:44 AM
r they ep?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:17 AM
great ... ill probably use these all the time now .. thanks alot .. "_
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:36 PM
These are wonderful! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 5:07 AM
Funny...I was just wishing for these today! You granted my wish without even knowing...lol Thank you so much!!
#16 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 9:05 PM
Very beautiful work, thank you
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 4:08 AM
I have reworked the original packages style A and B to include 5 colors for each package(wood grain, black, red, blue, and green).

AccioJosh; Is there a certain size or style you need or is it all sizes and styles your requesting as "singles"?

KinwatsaZ; Could you post a screen shot of the window your speaking of? Take a look at the new screen shots posted on the first post of this thread first to be sure the window you speak of is not already "with" shutters...

Both styles now contain 5 different colors and the "moveobject on" cheat is no longer needed...
the file names are the same so anyone updating thier existing shutters just save over the old... The Guids are the same as the originals as well...

EnJoy...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 4:55 AM Last edited by lexo : 20th Apr 2005 at 4:57 AM.
Thank you! Love the red recolor! These are working in my game, now that the cheat isn't needed, even better! Thanks for all your hard work!

Any chance you'll make a single shutter that is placeable anywhere? Like on doors or double wide windows? Heh, sorry! I always want more of a good thing :D

I just noticed your reply to AccioJosh. Basically - he already asked what I'm asking for. No particular size is necessary, but floor to door or window top would be very cool.

Edit - to add size info
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:18 AM
Well since you all are just so kind with your remarks how could I not labor a few more hours for you(thats 8 new packages)... I try to get on them tomorrow for you... I will upload them as two packages style A and style B each containing 4 single packages, 2 for each size...

Once that package is done I will begin work on the longer style windows and any other requests...

Being that I can't stay out of SimPE and my 3D editors I play the game very little and build very little anymore... If any of you care to post screen shots of the shutters at work I would love to see your work...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 6:59 AM
These are great and much needed, thank you!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:27 AM
Very very nice! *Downloading*
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 12:10 AM
Thanks so much. Very nice!! * Downloading as fast as my dail-up allows!!*
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 3:03 AM
Hello, So thrilled. You are quite correct, your update did it, Now I have the ones I need at least where the windows are single standing. And more colors, that I was wishing for as well.

And not having to use the move objects cheat! Great work. Love it.

If you want some more ideas for shutters, check out my Sims 1 shutters at my Sims 1 page over at Eagle & Dove http://zfolks.com/Nancy
I made them so that they could be used anywhere, in three sizes...and then well, we got Sims 2 and that was the end of the manufacturing of shutters.

KinwatsaZ
:D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 3:04 AM
http://zfolks.com/Nancy/shutters.html

That's the direct route to the shutters page.

K
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:48 AM Last edited by JWoods : 21st Apr 2005 at 6:52 AM. Reason: responce to link
KinwatsaZ ... I will check your link out in a bit as it is always nice to obtain new creative ideas...

I have been trying to upload the single shutter packages for hours, finally they are up...

There are two packages eac containing 4 seperate packages... There is a left and right for large and small as well as the two differant styles, that makes four 8 differant packages... That is why I originally made them with both shutters with in one package to minimize exsesive packages... I realized after some of your responces that the need is "big" enough to have single packages... EnJoy...

* I just went to look at the shutter link, very nice work there...

I particularly like the "Board & Batten Shutter"... Maybe when I catch up to things(threads and open projects) I will make you a set of them... Let me know what size window is all...
Page 1 of 2