Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 6:33 PM Last edited by JasonRMJ : 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:10 AM. Reason: punctuation & grammar
Default How to update a cc bodyhair in the tattoo section to be compatible with mermaid tails
So, I enjoyed having my male sims with body hair, it makes them look more masculine and mature. Which I downloaded Luumia's body hair version 5
Recently, I got the Island Living EP, I immediately made a new merman Sim, the problem is when I select my CC body hair, the tail is also covered with body hair and makes it visually unplayable for me.

I think it's the CC body hair thinking the mermaid tail are just naked legs for mermaids, not also considered it as pants, which the CC will automatically hide it with proper channels.
Right now, Luumia is not active for the past 5 months. I have a keen interest in fixing it, but I really need someone's help, to fix the cc body hair so it recognizes the tail, so that it can automatically hide it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:40 PM
I'm not 100% sure if this works but I think the way to fix this is changing the sort layer of the body hair in S4S so he hair is layered under the mermaid tail, infos here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/2310/cas-sort-layer

but I don't know at what layer those mermaid tails are so you probably have to try a bit until you get the right layer.
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:19 PM
I noticed the same thing and went into S4Studio with lumia's body-hairs immediately and couldn't figure it out... HOWEVER, I found this body hair: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1293064 it's not as good as lumia's but it is a skin detail instead of a tattoo and goes under the tail! It only has the 1 color.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 8:03 PM
I too tried my hand at re-categorizing the body hair but even when set to skin detail it still overlaps the tail.

Thankfully, someone by the name of berryconfetti on tumblr recently posted a fix for the mermaid tail so all tattoos and skin details hide underneath the tail as they should.

Click Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 8:30 AM
great news, Guys.
Luumia is active, he said that he's going to fix his outdated bodyhair to be compatible with mermen.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JasonRMJ
great news, Guys.
Luumia is active, he said that he's going to fix his outdated bodyhair to be compatible with mermen.

It's 2022 now, has Luumia fixed it?