Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 9:49 PM
Default Career-Forest Products- Testing and criticism needed please!
Hi, I am making a neighbourhood, and for the scenario I needed a specific Forestry career. I couldn't find one that fitted quite right for my needs, so I thought I'd make one.

This career is designed specifically for the neighbourhood I am planning to upload, so may not be really suitable for playing in other hoods (some of the job levels are a bit niche, and the career path is somewhat odd, to suit the needs of the little island I am making). However, I want it to work correctly, with levels and rewards and outfits and chance cards, but need it to be using Maxis assets (no custom outfits or cars).

I read a load of tutorials and have a sort-of finished career which needs testing. I made it in a game using all EPs and SPs and it's an adult career.

Trouble is I've been looking at it so long and testing things so much that I really need some fresh eyes on this, should anyone be willing to look at it in SimPE or in-game.

Specifically, career icons, outfits, motive decays, vehicles. Are they okay, do they need fixing?

Please backup your neighbourhoods before you test- this is my first attempt at a career and will probably break something, and you may need to remove it later.

Thanks for any comments!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ssample_ForestProductAdult.zip (71.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 11:59 AM
I will test it over the weekend, it's a long one
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 12:12 PM
Thank you @JustPetro ! I had to stop looking at it for a while as I was burned out on it, so any comments would be good, even if it's just a 'this is rubbish'!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2022 at 2:17 PM
Sorry I took so long to get back to you!
I have not played as much as I wanted to, and my sim is now in Level 3 of your career. I've seen a chance card (perhaps 2); and all seems okay, but I cannot see a career reward in the catalog.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2022 at 2:35 PM Last edited by simsample : 5th May 2022 at 11:56 PM.
Thank you @JustPetro The career reward is the hydroponics growing thingy, it should be awarded at level six (I think, will have to check)!

Edit: Yes, I had set it at level six! I really should start writing things down.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2022 at 12:58 PM
It has been a bit hectic here, making it hard to do the testing, sorry for that! On top of that we have load shedding, which means power outages on a regular daily schedule.

I don't see any problems with the career. (I actually forgot to look for the career reward again, but my sim is now on Level 8).Hope to get him up to level 10 before tomorrow night, and will check on the career reward as well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2022 at 1:33 PM
Thanks Petro! Really appreciate this. :lovestruc