Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2022 at 5:55 PM
Default What Texture Memory settings work best for your game?
I've read mixed opinions about what value you should set for your Texture Memory in GRM. Some suggest only 1024 or 2048 MB, others suggest picking the value of the Total Approx Memory from your RAM (Display tab) or graphics card (Render tab).

So which Texture Memory values work best for you to reduce the likelihood of pink flashing/crashing? And what specs do you have? Do you use DXVK or not?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th May 2022 at 6:14 PM
I have mine set to 6052MB which is the dedicated memory my graphics card has for texture memory. I also have set my computer to clean the standby memory every 5 minutes + did the recommend graphical fixes etc and ever since I had those set up I've never seen flashing pink and my game hasn't crashed. I was sure I'd make it crash few days ago when I loaded each of my 8 neighborhoods to check which one actually was which since I have awful habit of just naming them like "aaaaa" "gdfjkghdfjkhg" "1" and so on but it didn't even stutter.

I don't use DXVK, the computer model I have is called Acer Nitro N50-600; Windows 10, 16GB of ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2022 at 10:56 PM
@foxmanic thanks for sharing! Is the dedicated memory the value of "Display Memory (VRAM") in dxdiag?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th May 2022 at 11:18 PM
Yeah that's the one.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2022 at 11:11 PM
@foxmanic are your lots also stacked with clutter CCs, or are only your Sims CC-heavy?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th May 2022 at 3:20 AM
Honestly, to this day I still don't know what I have to put, nor does anyone answer that question. I can only play the game with nothing open and not going into too many houses or having too much cc. buuuhhhh
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th May 2022 at 7:01 PM
@Softlism I mostly just take screenshots of my sims and build/decorate houses, unfortunately my decorating style is rather minimal so I rarely get to test things with big cluttered spaces BUT I have downloaded heavily cluttered houses in past to clean them up and redecorate and had no problems with those, never tried playing one with multiple Sims before clean up though.