Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 9:31 PM
Help! Sims 2 font?
Hi!
Who can help me to get the Sims 2 font (ITC Benguiat Gothic)
I searched it on the net, and I found it - for 158.40$ :werd:

Whoa.

So who can say, where can I get it for free? :confused:

What's the time? The time is money!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 11:54 PM
im tryin my best 2 get it, couldnt find it for less than $20, so far. i'll send it as soon as i got it
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 12:10 AM
the font is by adobe so you wont be able to download it for free anywhere, unless you do so illegaly,

however you could download a trial version of adobe photoshop from this website. the font will come with the trial version and be installed on your computer.
it wont be called ITC Benguiat Gothic, but Benguiat Gothic. I can assure you it is the right font though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 6:37 AM
Thanx!
I thought it have to be somewhere in the game. But adobe is also a good solution.

Inventor
#5 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:15 AM
I have found it. It is in the game files. However, I cannot say where, because that would be illegal.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
I have found it. It is in the game files. However, I cannot say where, because that would be illegal.

Okay
I wouldn't use it for money, won't sell or others...
Just for myself. I searched it in the package files but didn't found it.
Please help! :fallen:

Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:55 PM

Then what's the point of telling you found it?
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 5:20 PM

i will just use it for myself too, can u plz e-mail me at [email protected] about where it is? plzzz thank u so much:d
Inventor
#9 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 5:17 PM
If Delphy or any admin or moderator gives the OK, I will gladly post it. I just am scared of being banned because of the rule against piracy.

So if any mod or admin sees this, can you give an OK or no-OK?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 2:43 AM
Well I don't know about how if the font that is inside a game file would be conciddered piracy. If so then everything such as music images etc would also be piracy, wouldn't it? At least that is what I figure...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 2:46 AM
Well, its in the game files... so go ahead! :-)
#12 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:44 AM
Inventor
#13 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:56 AM
Ok... If it breks any rules, I am not sure, so please don't hurt me!!!

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI\Fonts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 11:32 PM
Thanks a lot!!
I searched it in the University's folder...
But still can't use - these files aren't working as "fonts" and I can't convert them..

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:37 PM
Not sure if this is the one you're searching for, but I had this one mailed to me from someone. This is the font that is used for the Sims 2 logo:
http://www.snootysims.com/downloads/SimsLLHP.ttf
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:44 PM
That SimsLLHP font is pretty good... I tried using it in messenger though, and it's a pain because some of the punctuation, like ' and ( ) are symbols.. so you can't write any words with apostrophes. LOL

But it would probably be okay for designing buttons or the like.

Over 2500+ Sims 2 movies at http://www.sims99.com
Come see!
Inventor
#17 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:52 PM
They aren't font files, the ones inm that folder. They can, however, be converted.

Search 'MXF to TTF font converter' in any search engine, I gurantee results.
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:05 PM
If you're still wanting it, I'm trying to make it myself. so far I've only done the letter A, 23 left...
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:17 PM
Ok, it was too hard...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 8:42 PM
They aren't font files, the ones inm that folder. They can, however, be converted.

Search 'MXF to TTF font converter' in any search engine, I gurantee results.

They are MaXis Fonts.. and can't find converter. :disgust:

Inventor
#21 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:58 PM
Actually MXF is an open-plat format(or whatever it said in Wikipedia), meaniong that any file can be made into a MXF. IT isn't a MAxis Font, Adobe made the font.
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evilmrhaig
If you're still wanting it, I'm trying to make it myself. so far I've only done the letter A, 23 left...

Um... aren't there 26 letters in the alphabet anyway? Sorry... ^_^;;

Heh heh um. About the Photoshop in-the-fonts list thing... I have Photoshop Elements 3.0 and don't see it. Oh well.

BTW, thanks Snooty! =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 6:26 AM
Actually MXF is an open-plat format(or whatever it said in Wikipedia), meaniong that any file can be made into a MXF. IT isn't a MAxis Font, Adobe made the font.

Ok I found that when searched for converter... :eye:

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Kaiburr : 6th Aug 2005 at 6:40 PM.
If anyone has "Tubular" on their PC, (I think it's Windows XP) That's pretty close to it.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:27 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same one offered at Snootysims, or a more updated version, but SM Lust has Sims 2 fonts at 8DS (adult content warning!) Just look in the preview area for the pic of it and Simbats. You do have to subscribe, but it's reasonable
Page 1 of 2